2023 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Pinstripe bowl yes

However, hate hate hate hate hate moving regular season HOME games to Yankee Stadium
Agree there , I don’t want home games moved anywhere.

SUDad: 4-6 total games a decade isn't that much.

West Point games are pretty easy to drive to from CNY. It is also very close to tri-state fans and alumni.

Unless half of those result in losses.

If we beat Army will anyone notice or care? Will recruits care?

And if we are upset by Army and their ground and pound offense (they average less than ten passes a game) people will notice for all the wrong reasons.

I’d rather play Temple in Lincoln Financial field and in front of dozens of recruits from southern NJ.

If you want to play in front of alumni Syracuse has large alumni bases in Southern California (Los Angeles Orange County and San Diego) and Chicago.

Six games I’d rather see in the next ten years:

- Home and away with UCLA. Include a MBB and WBB doubleheader. Play in the Rose Bowl and Pauley Pavillion.

- Home and away with Temple in front of alumni and recruits.

- Home and away with Northwestern in front of the Chicago alumni base and recruits (players like C. Elmore, A. Szmyt and E. Cruz).

I see all three options as more advantageous for the program than playing Army.

Agree. Would rather play at home or at West Point. West Point is honestly a better trip than yankee stadium too.
Maybe cause I’ma CNY hick , but I love NY City , Been to West Point , beautiful area, Rather go to NY City , just individual preference.

Unless half of those result in losses.

If we beat Army will anyone notice or care? Will recruits care?

And if we are upset by Army and their ground and pound offense (they average less than ten passes a game) people will notice for all the wrong reasons.

I’d rather play Temple in Lincoln Financial field and in front of dozens of recruits from southern NJ.

If you want to play in front of alumni Syracuse has large alumni bases in Southern California (Los Angeles Orange County and San Diego) and Chicago.

Six games I’d rather see in the next ten years:

- Home and away with UCLA. Include a MBB and WBB doubleheader. Play in the Rose Bowl and Pauley Pavillion.

- Home and away with Temple in front of alumni and recruits.

- Home and away with Northwestern in front of the Chicago alumni base and recruits (players like C. Elmore, A. Szmyt and E. Cruz).

I see all three options as more advantageous for the program than playing Army.
Army is a no win situation, as you point out , they’re tough to play, a win gets you nothing, a loss hurts you.

Note on Army. They hired an OC from D2 who had a run-heavy offense that was exclusively out of the gun. The speculation is that Army's offense is going to be moving away from the traditional triple.

This is the official breakout of ACC games the next three years.

Thanks Mark. Did not realize the ACC released opponents under the new model.

At this point, Chris’ model is looking good. Clemson starting with an ACC opponent has already been leaked.

The biggest concern I have is that we get a bye week after 5 games, 6 games or 7 games. Our depth appears to be getting better but getting struck with a bye in week 2 or week 10 is awful.

Sounds like we should be good here. Fingers crossed.

just over24 hours people
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Army is a no win situation, as you point out , they’re tough to play, a win gets you nothing, a loss hurts you.
Not trying to be cheesy, but it gets you a great afternoon in one of the most beautiful venues in college football. I'm excited for this game. Hoping to take a boat ride up the Hudson from Manhattan.

Not trying to be cheesy, but it gets you a great afternoon in one of the most beautiful venues in college football. I'm excited for this game. Hoping to take a boat ride up the Hudson from Manhattan.

It is a great venue. I was planning on going until I found out that the game is on 9/21/24, which is my twin nieces’ birthday. I’m already dreading having to miss the game.

I hope the Alumni Office can set up a boat trip. I took one before. Essentially a 3 hr tailgate on a boat sailing up the Hudson.

It is a great venue. I was planning on going until I found out that the game is on 9/21/24, which is my twin nieces’ birthday. I’m already dreading having to miss the game.
Uncle Frozen takes the nieces to the game!

yes my schedule is ready to be revealed. The entire thing is attached. Here is the short version:
9/2 Colgate
9/9 WMU
9/16 @ Purdue
9/23 Army
9/30 @ FSU
10/7-BYE
10/13 or 10/14 Clemson
10/21 Wake Forest
10/28 @ Georgia Tech
11/4 Pittsburgh
11/11 @ UNC
11/18- @ Virginia Tech