2023 Yankees Season | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Bonus Cantos. Free Little League Baseball.

Top 10th

Higgy on 2nd

Volpe
Bauers
Stanton

1-15 with RISP, another putrid performance. Stanton Donaldson and Rizzo 0-11. Donaldson has become Hicks part 2

Do they DFA Donaldson next time they need a roster spot?

Do they DFA Donaldson next time they need a roster spot?

They ate Hicks contract they won't due it again. That said Donaldson is shot, he looks terrible at the plate. Stanton not looking much better unfortunately

Last edited:
They ate Hicks contract they won't due it again. That said Donaldson is shot, he looks terrible at the plate. Stanton not looking much better unfortunately
This is why I am generally against these big, long term contracts or even taking them on. I know that we HAD to sign Judge, but I'm pretty certain that even his will come back to haunt the team.

They knew they were getting a player in significant decline when they brought Donaldson in, and also knew he wasn't the greatest 'chemistry' guy. Nothing about how this move has played out should be surprising.

This is why I am generally against these big, long term contracts or even taking them on. I know that we HAD to sign Judge, but I'm pretty certain that even his will come back to haunt the team.
Donaldson’s contract isn’t a long term thing. He’s got roughly a year and a half left on it, I believe.

Donaldson’s contract isn’t a long term thing. He’s got roughly a year and a half left on it, I believe.

Donaldson has a $16m mutual option for 2024, if both parties agree to exercise it.

OPS with current team:

Andujar: .599
Carpenter (SD): .651
Benintendi (CWS): .675
Gallo (MIN): .809
Sanchez (SD): .936
Hicks (BAL): 1.037

Speaking of Gio Urshela. He is having a strange season, batting .300, but with a wRC+ under 100 and OPS around .700.

Should have kept Gio. I really liked him. Decent hitter, solid defense, seemed to be a good clubhouse guy... and way cheaper.
The Yankee way is to get a few seasons of 1-3 WAR out of journeymen players and then replace them with similar or worse production from a much more expensive veteran former star.

The Donaldson trade was such. Although, I think the point of the trade was to get IKF and get rid of Sanchez, but they had to take Donaldson to get everything to work and because the Yankees don't care about money (until they do), Cash was like whatev's.
OPS with current team:
Hicks (BAL): 1.037
Even if Hicks is just on some small-sample-size-new-team heater, the fact that his BB:K ratio is so different makes me wonder just what the hell kind of offensive philosophy the Yankees are pushing. It's not like pitchers are attacking Hicks differently just because he changed teams.

His BB%/K% with Bal'more: 17%/17%
His BB%/K% with the Yanks: 9.2%/26.3%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom