2023 Yankees Season | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

What a shirt show!
Can’t wait to see how Boone defends his guys after this disaster.

Well, it was a 338' single.
It’s been a staple of Yankees radio broadcasts since he joined the booth in 1989. What annoys me about it is that it’s an easily preventable problem. Don’t go into your home run call if it is at all in-doubt. Of course Sterling would never do that because his “signature home run call” is more important than the listener. It’s forgivable to make that mistake once in awhile. I don’t demand perfection from broadcasters. It would also be nice if Sterling once apologized for misleading the listener. That Justin Shackil guy who filled-in for him made a bunch of mistakes, but he would apologize and correct himself. I hope Sterling lives a long life, but I willl do cartwheels when he retires. I had enough of him thirty years ago.

IKF works a 1-2-3 inning.

Bottom 9th, Yankees down 10.

Just a bloop and a blast, and a bloop and a blast, and a bloop and a blast, and a bloop and a blast, and a bloop and a blast.

Donaldson is….. not an mvp anymore
That trade is looking worse by the day.

It's clear that the team isn't winning with the guy, DFA him. I'd rather Cabrara play 3B. Sure, he's stinking this year too, but not quite as bad and at least has potential upside.

It's clear that the team isn't winning with the guy, DFA him. I'd rather Cabrara play 3B. Sure, he's stinking this year too, but not quite as bad and at least has potential upside.
Cabrera has been the worst offensive performer on the team (44 WRC+).

Donaldson is….. not an mvp anymore

I've advocated for IKF before, so that's the way I'd go. At least for now. But Donaldson isn't even an MLB player anymore.

I've advocated for IKF before, so that's the way I'd go. At least for now. But Donaldson isn't even an MLB player anymore.
Agreed. IKF is a decent OF though. Someone would need to play OF.

None of this really matters though, the team is going nowhere this season regardless.

Agreed. IKF is a decent OF though. Someone would need to play OF.

None of this really matters though, the team is going nowhere this season regardless.
I wouldn’t say going nowhere, make the playoffs as a wild card and anything can happen. Get Rodon going and Nestor comes back the pitching is good enough to make a run. Yankees still have a good bullpen, but they need Rizzo, DJ and Stanton to start being who they can be.
Yankees are batting below .200 and still staying afloat without Judge.Let’s be honest there are a lot of bad teams in baseball and getting a Wild Card spot is very realistic.

I wouldn’t say going nowhere, make the playoffs as a wild card and anything can happen. Get Rodon going and Nestor comes back the pitching is good enough to make a run. Yankees still have a good bullpen, but they need Rizzo, DJ and Stanton to start being who they can be.
Yankees are batting below .200 and still staying afloat without Judge.Let’s be honest there are a lot of bad teams in baseball and getting a Wild Card spot is very realistic.
"WORLD SERIES OR BUST BRO! FIRE CASHMAN!" - Entitled Yankee fan

Pretty unlikely to be going anywhere. I think that it's pretty clear the team needs to take a 2-3 year rebuild. Gut some of their bad contracts and get away from Cashman. None of this will happen though.

I am not sure if it is just me, but this year's team is the most unwatchable team in the last 5-10 years.

Pretty unlikely to be going anywhere. I think that it's pretty clear the team needs to take a 2-3 year rebuild. Gut some of their bad contracts and get away from Cashman. None of this will happen though.

I am not sure if it is just me, but this year's team is the most unwatchable team in the last 5-10 years.
Rebuilding while the two guys with the biggest contracts (Judge and Cole) are still in their primes makes zero sense. Let's waste the three years when they provide the most value.

Last couple of weeks have been tough and brutal to watch, but before that they were starting to look good.The wife and I traveled to Cincinnati for that weekend series about a month ago and team was looking good and actually looked good out in LA before Judge messed his toe up.Baseball can be humbling and the next thing you know one guy starts hitting and the entire team can catch fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom