2023 Yankees Season | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Maybe they can call up Peraza, or do they want to keep him in the AAA MVP race?

ETA: So Stanton can't play the field and can't hit and DJLM can't hit. Nice use of $40m there Cash.

Maybe they can call up Peraza, or do they want to keep him in the AAA MVP race?

ETA: So Stanton can't play the field and can't hit and DJLM can't hit. Nice use of $40m there Cash.
I am not worried about Stanton. He gets into some of the ugliest slumps, but at some point he will carry the team. His presence in the lineup makes a difference. I do, of course, worry about him being healthy. It is a shame that he is not playing the field because that would make room for Peraza.

LeMahieu is a concern. His strikeout percentage is way up this year (26.6%). He has been a somewhat inconsistent offensive performer in his career, but he usually strikes out less than 15% of the time. When guys start to strikeout more, it is often because they are chasing balls out of the strike zone, but LeMahieu's chase rate this year is close to his career rate. I have no clue what is going on.

Not this cowboy. He's been a hole in the batting order for most of his time in NY. BA .222 last year, .143 this year. Sporadic HR production. So what if he's good with the glove. Lots of guys are. They moved Hicks and Gallo, two other sub-Mendoza line non-performers, and it's time to move on 37 yo JD. I'm sorry Aaron, but his former skills are not coming back.

It seems like Stanton only ever produced when he was surrounded by other bombers. But that was a couple seasons ago. BA .211 last year. I'm not happy with his lack of production in 22 & 23, but at least he's only 33.

Not this cowboy. He's been a hole in the batting order for most of his time in NY. BA .222 last year, .143 this year. Sporadic HR production. So what if he's good with the glove. Lots of guys are. They moved Hicks and Gallo, two other sub-Mendoza line non-performers, and it's time to move on 37 yo JD. I'm sorry Aaron, but his former skills are not coming back.

It seems like Stanton only ever produced when he was surrounded by other bombers. But that was a couple seasons ago. BA .211 last year. I'm not happy with his lack of production in 22 & 23, but at least he's only 33.
Ha, batting average

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom