2023 Yankees Season | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Not sure the Yankees have any players other teams might want but this would be a good time to sell and start over...sort of like watching Boeheim's last decade.
That's how bad things are. If the Yankees were to be sellers, then nobody would even want to buy.

I'll never root for injuries but there are guys that get injured and I'm not sad. Tell Donaldson to go away and let Peraza play 3rd the rest of the year.

I'll never root for injuries but there are guys that get injured and I'm not sad. Tell Donaldson to go away and let Peraza play 3rd the rest of the year.
I don't think that's an issue. I think he's done and will probably retire at the end of the season. He had a pretty good 4-5 years at his peak and somehow won an MVP over Trout just because he had better hitters in front of him. Overall, a bit of jerk and injury prone in his 30s.

See ya, Josh.

Schmidt,Torres,Peraza would be a few coveted pieces.
I wouldn’t say coveted. Plus Peraza would be a prospect not a guy to put a team over the top.

I wouldn’t say coveted. Plus Peraza would be a prospect not a guy to put a team over the top.
I thought we were talking about pieces other teams wanted to buy, never said Peraza was going to put anyone over the top.Plenty of teams would love to have any of the three I mentioned.

I thought we were talking about pieces other teams wanted to buy, never said Peraza was going to put anyone over the top.Plenty of teams would love to have any of the three I mentioned.
Schmit has a 4.31 ERA and Torres is an average 2B. Sure Peraza & Volpe are good prospects; but that's about it. No team would even want 80% of the Yankees players if anyone asked them to pay their current salary.

Unless someone gives the Yankees an offer they cannot refuse, I really hope that the Yankees are sellers at the deadline. Far too many holes to be contenders this year. Get what little you can for a few guys and move on to next year.

I can see Cashman mortgaging the future for this year knowing that his job may be on the line.

Last edited:
Even Donnie can't defend this train wreck.
Donnie does not defend anything. He just tries to use analytics to make his points and feel superior. I one the other hand, use proven data like is his girlfriend cute - if not, he has know confidence. I'm working on my hunger stats, exit velo and pitch framing analysis.

Donnie…just tries to use analytics to make his points and feel superior.
I can appreciate how I might be viewed in that way. I apologize if that is the case. It is not my intention to feel superior. In my analysis of sports, I try to maintain some objectivity and perspective. While the Yankees make me highly emotional, I attempt to set those emotions aside when evaluating and discussing the team. I do not want to overreact to the moment. I also recognize that my perceptions are flawed and therefore turn to data to enhance my understanding of what I am seeing. I do get annoyed when people dismiss advanced stats, usually out of ignorance. I cannot relate to preferring less information.

I can see Cashman mortgaging the future for this year knowing that his job may be on the line.
That has not be Cashman’s style in recent years. Most of the big mid season acquisitions have been guys that could be at least in the team’s midterm plans (guys under contract or likely to be resigned).

When Cashman’s future is determined, I think it will be less about how this year went and more about him making a case for the team being better in 2024 and 2025. That could be hard sell for him.

I am jealous of the young players Baltimore will roll out over the next 5+ years. Of course they hit close to rock bottom to get there, but they have some players.

That has not be Cashman’s style in recent years. Most of the big mid season acquisitions have been guys that could be at least in the team’s midterm plans (guys under contract or likely to be resigned).

When Cashman’s future is determined, I think it will be less about how this year went and more about him making a case for the team being better in 2024 and 2025. That could be hard sell for him.
Possibly, but he could get desperate. Although, the fact that he's kept his job for so long with 1 WS in 20 years says that he has dirt on Hal or something.

I am jealous of the young players Baltimore will roll out over the next 5+ years. Of course they hit close to rock bottom to get there, but they have some players.
It will interesting so see if they can get these dudes to trade arbitration years for early contract extensions like the Braves young core.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom