2023 Yankees Season | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

I doubt it. Why would an organization give up prospects for Stanton even if he was free? Certainly, they could get more for their prospects somewhere else.
If Stanton was making the league minimum, how many rosters would he even make? Sorry, but I don't see a declining, often injured, defensive liability who bats .200 (albeit with some power), who doesn't give effort much of the time (see base running) make many teams.

Cashman messed up again by not selling at the deadline. We could have gotten some decent players for Wandy, Holmes, etc...

If Stanton was making the league minimum, how many rosters would he even make? Sorry, but I don't see a declining, often injured, defensive liability who bats .200 (albeit with some power), who doesn't give effort much of the time (see base running) make many teams.

Cashman messed up again by not selling at the deadline. We could have gotten some decent players for Wandy, Holmes, etc...
I don't think it's an effort thing with Stanton. His body is so tight that if he were to bust out of the batters box with max effort, he would pull both hamstrings and a calf muscle and be on the IL for 60 days and then come back cold for ten games (due to timing) and then go on a tear for a week before the next physical event took place.

If he hit the free agent market this year, you don’t think he could get a 4 year, $50 million deal?
He might get 12.5M from someone. Yanks aren’t going to get anything for him even if they eat 80% of his contract.

This is more like it.
A HR every inning.
A no-no for Sevy.
Haven't coughed up a lead in 9 days and counting.

Jose A. Ferrer now pitching for Washington.

220px-Jose_Ferrer_in_Caine_Mutiny.jpg

I don't think it's an effort thing with Stanton. His body is so tight that if he were to bust out of the batters box with max effort, he would pull both hamstrings and a calf muscle and be on the IL for 60 days and then come back cold for ten games (due to timing) and then go on a tear for a week before the next physical event took place.
Watching Stanton it looks like he's a guess the pitch hitter and is often fooled and when he does guess right still doesn't get a good swing. It is difficult to watch and to be honest I'd like him to open his stance more instead of his back foot being so far behind his front foot and forcing his body to close up so much

Watching Stanton it looks like he's a guess the pitch hitter and is often fooled and when he does guess right still doesn't get a good swing. It is difficult to watch and to be honest I'd like him to open his stance more instead of his back foot being so far behind his front foot and forcing his body to close up so much
The guy's stats this season are horrible. Take the last 2 years. Sure, last year he hit ~30 HR last year, but his avg was right around .200. He can't play D and is always hurt. If he was making league minimum, would he have been cut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom