2023 Yankees Season | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Nope.

Two lousy hits, both of them Rortvedt's.

9 game losing streak.

1024px-YankeesRetired9.svg.png

The team has obviously quit. I like going with the younger guys though. Time to sit Stanton. Team gains nothing by playing him.

People still watching? I'm out. Writing had been on the wall for awhile.
I haven’t watched in a couple of weeks. The channel hopping was getting ridiculous and the losing streak didn’t help. I’m all in on Cuse football right now.

I make sure I fully experience the lows in order to fully appreciate the highs.

Pinstripe Bowls feel so much better because of the GRob era.

I do notice the perspectives of Yankee fans who experienced 1989-1992 are different from those who did not. I do laugh at myself for pointing out a mere four years of suffering as a Yankee fan. People who lived through the late 60s and early 70s have a stronger claim.

I tell myself every night I’m not watching, but somehow I end up being able to tell you everything about the game the next day.I guess it’s an addiction.Agree with Donnie that experiencing the lows make the highs so much better.

Cashing in my Father's Day gift tomorrow. Things were looking pretty good in June when my kids gave me the tickets. Oh well . . . at least we will be stopping on Arthur Ave for dinner on the way out of town.

I tell myself every night I’m not watching, but somehow I end up being able to tell you everything about the game the next day.I guess it’s an addiction.Agree with Donnie that experiencing the lows make the highs so much better.
Like clean up hitter Goancarlo Staton batting .196. They might be better with Mario Mendoza.

Cashing in my Father's Day gift tomorrow. Things were looking pretty good in June when my kids gave me the tickets. Oh well . . . at least we will be stopping on Arthur Ave for dinner on the way out of town.
An day at the ballpark is wonderful no matter what.

The team has obviously quit. I like going with the younger guys though. Time to sit Stanton. Team gains nothing by playing him.
True enough on Stanton. He's not producing, and in the outfield he makes Lonnie Smith look like Gary Pettis. The only way to salvage anything from this year is to get the "kids" some PT.
noidea.gif

True enough on Stanton. He's not producing, and in the outfield he makes Lonnie Smith look like Gary Pettis. The only way to salvage anything from this year is to get the "kids" some PT. View attachment 230473
One of the things that frustrates me about this team (of which there are many) is that I don’t see the help on the horizon. In the mid 90s there were players like Bernie, Mariano, Derek and Jorge coming up. The only one that excites me now is The Martian.

True enough on Stanton. He's not producing, and in the outfield he makes Lonnie Smith look like Gary Pettis. The only way to salvage anything from this year is to get the "kids" some PT. View attachment 230473
The Yankees have to pay Stanton through 2027 anyway. I am fine with him trying to figure things out over the next month. He does not appear to be standing in the way of any promising young players.

One of the things that frustrates me about this team (of which there are many) is that I don’t see the help on the horizon. In the mid 90s there were players like Bernie, Mariano, Derek and Jorge coming up. The only one that excites me now is The Martian.
I think Volpe has had a good rookie season and will grow off that. Hard to say what we have with the young pitchers and Peraza and Pereira. Also Spencer Jones and Trey Sweeney are guys to watch.

The Yankees have to pay Stanton through 2027 anyway. I am fine with him trying to figure things out over the next month. He does not appear to be standing in the way of any promising young players.

I get your point. But just for the purpose of argument, what's he going to figure out? He hasn't changed his batting stance/style since he arrived, he's 33 and his better years are behind him. He's really a white elephant. But ...

I get your point. But just for the purpose of argument, what's he going to figure out? He hasn't changed his batting stance/style since he arrived, he's 33 and his better years are behind him. He's really a white elephant. But ...
No idea. With that much invested in him, I think it makes sense to try to make it work (i.e., get him to the point where he is at least a 100 wRC+ guy) before throwing him away and eating all of that money. The guy still generates bat speed and hits the ball extremely hard on the rare occasions he makes contact. With no major prospects in the pipeline, they have nothing to lose by letting him try to figure it out.

No idea. With that much invested in him, I think it makes sense to try to make it work (i.e., get him to the point where he is at least a 100 wRC+ guy) before throwing him away and eating all of that money. The guy still generates bat speed and hits the ball extremely hard on the rare occasions he makes contact. With no major prospects in the pipeline, they have nothing to lose by letting him try to figure it out.
They could do like the Mets did with JV and Max and buy a farm system. With 4 more years of control (and the Yanks eating 50%) they could probably get multiple Top-100 guys

They could do like the Mets did with JV and Max and buy a farm system. With 4 more years of control (and the Yanks eating 50%) they could probably get multiple Top-100 guys
What team would be willing to do that type of deal?Do you really think anyone would give up 1 top 100 prospect for Stanton?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom