2024-25 Conference Opponents | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Conference Opponents

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

GHiOBsXXEAEXxBB

430118779_942124490607094_4622624772419428403_n.jpg

BC, ND, and Pitt twice.

Cal & Stanford on the road (hopefully the same road swing).

• A home and home series with Syracuse's two partners (Boston College and Pittsburgh).
  • A home and home series with one repeat opponent (Notre Dame)
  • Seven home games (Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia and Wake Forest)
  • Seven away games (California, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, SMU, Stanford and Virginia Tech)

Last edited:
BC, ND, and Pitt twice.

• A home and home series with Syracuse's two partners (Boston College and Pittsburgh).
  • Seven home games (Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Notre Dame, NC State, Virginia and Wake Forest)
  • Seven away games (California, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, SMU, Stanford and Virginia Tech)
All three of the newbies on the road.

See Cooper Flagg in the Dome

Mike Waters @MikeWatersSYR

Syracuse plays all 3 of the ACC’s new teams on the road; none of them at home.
Gotta question the logic there.

Syracuse is the only team in the ACC that won’t play any of the 4 North Carolina schools on the road next year. Not one. Every other team in the conference, including SMU, Cal and Stanford play at least one game in the state of North Carolina. Again: where’s the logic?

Neither UNC or Duke have to travel to CA. Duke only has to go to Texas. Whoopity doo.

You can certainly tell who the redheaded stepchildren are in the ACC.

I'm predicting Duke and UNC go either 9-1 and 10-0 at home next season. No challenging games.

BC, ND, and Pitt twice.

• Seven home games (Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Notre Dame, NC State, Virginia and Wake Forest)
No North Carolina?????

edit: found it. it’s a Home Game.

GHiOBsXXEAEXxBB

430118779_942124490607094_4622624772419428403_n.jpg
Have to think, if there's any thought at all put into this by the league, that they would schedule the men's and women's games vs. Cal and Stanford so they could piggyback travel.

Of course, that would make too much sense.

Mike Waters @MikeWatersSYR

Syracuse plays all 3 of the ACC’s new teams on the road; none of them at home.
Gotta question the logic there.

Syracuse is the only team in the ACC that won’t play any of the 4 North Carolina schools on the road next year. Not one. Every other team in the conference, including SMU, Cal and Stanford play at least one game in the state of North Carolina. Again: where’s the logic?
I love Mike but these seem like pretty random metrics. With this many teams some stuff is going to get weird.

Hopefully they pair SMU away with another road game as well. If Cal/Stanford is not a Saturday/Monday or Saturday/Tuesday I'll lose my mind.

Imagine someone telling you a year or two ago that in 2025 Syracuse would have away conference games at SMU, Cal and Stanford. I mean you would probably call 911 and tell the dispatcher that the person was under the influence of bath salts.

Nice home schedule but that road is not fair. Twice to San Fran, twice to Florida, Dallas, South Carolina, Indiana.

How in the heck with 4 NC teams do we play 0.0 on the road?

This isn’t hard yet the ACC finds a way to F it up every year. Move two NC from home to road and move one Florida and one Cal to home. Simple.

All i can say is, I miss the big east
Amen. Someday Syracuse will play in whatever megathing football becomes and hopefully can be free to rejoin big east in hoops. Our birthright.

Neither UNC or Duke have to travel to CA. Duke only has to go to Texas. Whoopity doo.

You can certainly tell who the redheaded stepchildren are in the ACC.

I'm predicting Duke and UNC go either 9-1 and 10-0 at home next season. No challenging games.
We’re burying the lede:
  • ND, Pitt and ND are our annually home-and-home designated rivals moving forward. Every year. And I know this won’t be popular, but I like it. They have Big East roots too, which means something.
  • I am happy to be in the ACC, but I just don’t want to hear anyone saying that Duke is a rival. They’re not. Can it be a fascinating game or matchup? Sure. But we are a top 10 program and let’s act like it. Please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom