2024 NCAA Championship Thread | Syracusefan.com

2024 NCAA Championship Thread

Her teammates need to get after the loose balls. It's rare that they happen. Cannot afford to give SC 2nd chance points

It's gonna be a wrap soon. Iowa had their shot, but are completely overwhelmed now.

I thought Clark totally sold those 2 fouls in the first Q on the 3s. She tossed the ball, then threw her body into the defender, and fell down. Both times.

Lot of ticky tack calls on Iowa bigs.

Some calls on CCs defenders that Staley is arguing about.

SC arguing every call is getting old.

Love the refs making it about themselves. Least surprising thing of the day.

I was just going to point that out. I actually like Dawn Staley, but I think South Carolina really has committed some legitimate fouls occasionally this season and in this game, Pick your battles.

As for your last sentence that's how she rolls. Been doing that for years.

SC w
+8 offensive rebounds
+1 defensive rebounds
+6 FGs
-1 3s
-6 FTs
+4 assists
+3 steals
-1 TOs
+4 blocks
& +3 points

Clark w 3 turnovers

Last edited:
I was just going to point that out. I actually like Dawn Staley, but I think South Carolina really has committed some legitimate fouls occasionally this season and in this game, Pick your battles.
I think the ticky tack calls on Iowas bigs are the attempt to 'even things out'. CCs defenders are legitimately holding her, IMO.

The calls on Iowas bigs where both are going straight up seem like anticipation fouls to me.

Clark cries about non-whistles endlessly, too. The clip of her dad getting mad about it was great. My mother spent lots of time doing the same thing with me. Lol.
She throws an expression after every non call, sure, but its over pretty quickly. SC players are staring down the refs for a full 1-2 seconds, every call. Agree that both are lame.

The five women on the halftime panel - they all SC grads? Yikes.

The difference this year imho, is South Carolina's shooters. Iowa's other players could help some on Cardosa last season, but SC shooters are too good this year to sag off them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom