2024 New York Mets Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 New York Mets Thread

I still remember Richard blowing the lay-up that allowed Providence to beat us for the first time sine the Big East was formed.
I bet he does too….

Was worried how we were going to finish the game today after Mendoza used all the Mets best relievers yesterday.

Smith, Raley, Ottovino and Diaz are pretty solid. The rest of the guys? Not so much.

Some bad defense didn’t help. Bad error by McNeil, horrible error by Taylor, and repeated awful plays by Narvaez, who has to be the worst defensive catcher in MLB right now.

Ugh.

Hope they call up Hartwig and Lavender soon.

They are better than a lot of these other relievers.

Was worried how we were going to finish the game today after Mendoza used all the Mets best relievers yesterday.

Smith, Raley, Ottovino and Diaz are pretty solid. The rest of the guys? Not so much.

Some bad defense didn’t help. Bad error by McNeil, horrible error by Taylor, and repeated awful plays by Narvaez, who has to be the worst defensive catcher in MLB right now.

Ugh.

Hope they call up Hartwig and Lavender soon.

They are better than a lot of these other relievers.

Why Narvaez instead of Nido? What does he give us?

Why Narvaez instead of Nido? What does he give us?
He hits left handed for one thing. But I think the fact he has a relatively big contract is the biggest thing keeping him from being released.

The Mefs have so much dead money on their payroll I think they don’t want to add to it. I think the hope is Narvaez starts playing well enough someone will actually give the Mets something decent for him. I would be really surprised if he is still on the roster by the trading deadline.

3 out of 4, baby!

Good news: Lindor got two hits and scored 2 of the 3 runs including his first home run.
Bad News: Pete went 0 for 4 and is now batting .184.

3 out of 4, baby!

Good news: Lindor got two hits and scored 2 of the 3 runs including his first home run.
Bad News: Pete went 0 for 4 and is now batting .184.
The good news:

Manaea has been impressive so far. The bullpen was solid finishing the game.

Baty is hitting and fielding well so far.

Alvarez looks like our best hitter most games.

The bad news:

The Braves are next.

Used Lopez, Raley, Ottavino and Diaz to get the win. That means none of them are likely to be available for game one of the series with the Braves.

With Strider out for the season and Max Fried completely lost (his ERA is 18.00 after two starts), the Braves suddenly don’t look unbeatable. Long time Brave Julio Teheran starts for the Mets. I do not expect a long or successful start from him.

Last edited:
At this stage in his career, Teheran is a junk ball pitcher with no out pitch or control. He needs to be released immediately and his uniform needs to be burned and the ashes need to be desposed of hundreds of miles from the shore.

Please don’t sign talentless garbage any longer. Call up Butto again and install him in the rotation to replace this awful player who was disgraced tonight.

Vasil got bombed today and the Syracuse Mets got one hit. He is not ready for prime time. Hamel has been bombed a couple of times and looks lost. I hope he is hurt and not as bad as he is looking. Scott has struggled some too but is at least striking people out and looking like he has special stuff.

Long story short, Butto is the best option to fill in for Megill. Get him up asap. Leave him in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

I think they sent him down prematurely and now have to keep him now for a few more days. Not good. Stearns, do better.

Props to the Mets for making a remarkable comeback and holding off the Braves in the ninth inning to get a big win on the road to start the Atlanta series.

If you didn't see the end, it was a real nail biter. Lopez got the job done. Barely. Reid Garrett kept the Mets in the game with some solid middle relief work.

Nimmo had a day. Baty continues to rake. And McNeil is suddenly getting on base a lot.

DJ has been terrible all season but came through big in a key spot. This might be his last series for the Mets as JD is close to being ready to join the Mets. I think that will result in a DFA for Stewart. He might opt to go down to Syracuse and wait for another chance there.

Houser vs Lopez tonight. The Mets will at least have most of their top relievers available to pitch. Let's hope the polar bear comes out of hibernation soon.

Hopefully the Mets are starting to gel and getting some bats to come alive. Good to see Nimmo have some success for a night. It would be fantastic to take a series from the Braves and build some confidence.

Props to the Mets for making a remarkable comeback and holding off the Braves in the ninth inning to get a big win on the road to start the Atlanta series.

If you didn't see the end, it was a real nail biter. Lopez got the job done. Barely. Reid Garrett kept the Mets in the game with some solid middle relief work.

Nimmo had a day. Baty continues to rake. And McNeil is suddenly getting on base a lot.

DJ has been terrible all season but came through big in a key spot. This might be his last series for the Mets as JD is close to being ready to join the Mets. I think that will result in a DFA for Stewart. He might opt to go down to Syracuse and wait for another chance there.

Houser vs Lopez tonight. The Mets will at least have most of their top relievers available to pitch. Let's hope the polar bear comes out of hibernation soon.

Flipping back and forth between the games, (the natty wasn't a nail-biter) and cursing the TV when both had commercials on at the same time. From now on, I can stay with the Mets. Spring has officially begun.

I'm glad the ball wasn't carrying that night. I like our bullpen now that they've removed a couple of guys who couldn't get anybody out, (an important skill). I like our batting order with Nimmo, Lindor and McNeil starting to wake up form their slumber and JD Martinez on the way. The young prospects are on the way. Hopefully Senga and Megill will be back soon and ready to go. We've won 4 of 5 and are 3-1 on he road. Might as well be optimistic now because who knows if we'll be able to do it later?

Last edited:
Well at least the Mets put up up a fight late in the game tonight. This was good to see rather than rolling over. Really hoping they can take the next one.

Well at least the Mets put up up a fight late in the game tonight. This was good to see rather than rolling over. Really hoping they can take the next one.

We're looking better than Purdue.

Kodai Senga Injury Update: Mets ace's comeback hits snag as pitcher gets pushed to 60-day IL :(

They are starting to pull me back in after this Braves series. Probably a bad omen.

Any day where the Mets beat the Braves 16-4 in Atlanta is a good day.

Actually, any day the Mets beat the Braves is a good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom