2024 Olympic Basketball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Olympic Basketball

That was fun game to watch.

Serbia coach just forgetting how to read a clock late?

Hell of an effort by Serbia. Obviously Jokic is likely best player in the world overall but they’ve got some players on the wings.

That’s what the olympics is about. Total effort.

Is this guy for real?

How do I emebed a tweet gosh

Last edited:
Let's say the Joker beats the US in the Olympics... what does that add to his legacy?

Like, it's a weird note but pretty interesting at least, right?

Wouldn't be the crowning achievement but it also wouldn't be that far down the list.

Maybe I’m overanalyzing here, but I think the US is cooked the next olympics as Lebron, Steph and KD will all be done by then.

Yeah I am stuck between "its amazing how good Lebron/Steph/Lebron still are" (true!, but) and "where is the next generation?" A lot can happen in 4 years, but you try and take a guess at what the 28 team will look like; i'm not sure it looks great. Maybe Cooper Flag is the guy though.

One guy on the Serbian team would have made the US team.

A loss would have impacted LeBrons legacy as well as Jokers.

Wouldn't be the crowning achievement but it also wouldn't be that far down the list.

Yeah I am stuck between "its amazing how good Lebron/Steph/Lebron still are" (true!, but) and "where is the next generation?" A lot can happen in 4 years, but you try and take a guess at what the 28 team will look like; i'm not sure it looks great. Maybe Cooper Flag is the guy though.
Ant Edwards, for better or worse.

Maybe this will motivate Tatum.

You could see Melo coaching from the sideline with Kiyan standing right next to him (across from the Serbia bench).

IMG_5006.jpeg

Brunson. Paolo. Ja. Maxey. Chet. Jaylen Brown.

We will have guys in 4 years ready.
Yeah I was going through it and trying to figure it and I came up with a lot of those names (Zion too maybe) but I’m not sure any of those guys are gonna be like the best of the best. Ant may be the guy

Brunson. Paolo. Ja. Maxey. Chet. Jaylen Brown.

We will have guys in 4 years ready.
Yeah, they will be fine. Will they have 3 locked in top 15 players ever? No. But, all of those guys will be clear cut all nba players, imo.

Yeah I was going through it and trying to figure it and I came up with a lot of those names (Zion too maybe) but I’m not sure any of those guys are gonna be like the best of the best. Ant may be the guy
It's really incredible that on this team filled with talent, who made the plays late? Durant (35), James (39), and Curry (36) lol. Surprising? Of course not, because that's what these all time greats do and obviously someone on the floor is going to make a play just by being on the court, but there's a reason it's been about these 3.

Yeah, they will be fine. Will they have 3 locked in top 15 players ever? No. But, all of those guys will be clear cut all nba players, imo.
Hopefully the younger guys have gotten a taste of the Olympics like Lebron, Wade and Carmelo did in 2004 without having to settle for the bronze. They didn't play, but they got to watch the US lose. It was the veterans that were effective today, because they were able to rise to the challenge. The US will always have the talent, but we will never be able to just show up and win again, and it hasn't been that way in over 20 years.

so awesome to be able to watch a collection of all time great NBA players going all out and playing their sacks off. normally when this collection of talent gets together, we get a joke of an All-Star game.

Gotta be honest if I'm Tatum and Grant Hill calls - straight to voice mail.

It's really incredible that on this team filled with talent, who made the plays late? Durant (35), James (39), and Curry (36) lol. Surprising? Of course not, because that's what these all time greats do and obviously someone on the floor is going to make a play just by being on the court, but there's a reason it's been about these 3.

It's incredible, I read somewhere those 3 were the 3 oldest players in team USA basketball history (cant remember if it was olympics or period) and those 3 were the guys making all the plays down the stretch. Lebron is 39 and he was guarding Jokic a few possessions, is going coast to coast to finish in traffic against multiple defenders, and was just all around their best and most important player. Not surw what else there is to say about the guy now

Book, Hali, Bam and even AD can run it back. Tatum if he's cool with it.

Then you have the Brunson, Jaylen, Paolo, Chet, Maxey group.

Ja/Zion TBD based on whatever is going on with them.

Outside chance someone in the Flagg, AJ, Harper young guys that might pop enough to be considered.

Honestly, we're lucky that there isn't a Yugoslovian team anymore. Luka and Joker headlining with all five guys in their starting lineup being nba guys.

Also, thing with this year's team -- they still need to beat France. They don't win gold and it's a knock on all those guys' legacies.

It's incredible, I read somewhere those 3 were the 3 oldest players in team USA basketball history (cant remember if it was olympics or period) and those 3 were the guys making all the plays down the stretch. Lebron is 39 and he was guarding Jokic a few possessions, is going coast to coast to finish in traffic against multiple defenders, and was just all around their best and most important player. Not surw what else there is to say about the guy now
Gotta admit I found it hilarious that one time lebron was called for a foul guarding Jokic in the post and Dwade remarked at how Jokic is getting calls cause of his MVP status.

Anyone know offhand what the live betting money line was when we were down mid teens in points? Where we ever + money ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom