2024 Olympic Basketball | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Olympic Basketball

Bummed I lost first half US - 9 because the refs had about 5 brain farts in a row to end the half.

This photo is pretty cool…
IMG_5060.jpeg

FYI: Steph made the shot.

We shot over 50% from the field
An insane 18/36 from 3.
And yet were only up 3 in crunch time.
I realize the world has been catching up for a couple decades and the US can and has been be beaten.

But we have now entered into an era in which we can play WELL and still lose. That is new.

We shot over 50% from the field
An insane 18/36 from 3.
And yet were only up 3 in crunch time.
I realize the world has been catching up for a couple decades and the US can and has been be beaten.

But we have now entered into an era in which we can play WELL and still lose. That is new.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing; also realize that France didnt shoot particularly well from 3 either.

Woof. I feel bad for both the Mens and Woman's teams from France. They played their hearts out. Take a hot Steph Curry out and it's a different game. Women's team will be completely different in four years. Some of those roster spots were extremely unproductive and had best players sitting home in the U.S. Plus add someone like JuJu. I look forward to watching them in four years.

Woof. I feel bad for both the Mens and Woman's teams from France. They played their hearts out. Take a hot Steph Curry out and it's a different game. Women's team will be completely different in four years. Some of those roster spots were extremely unproductive and had best players sitting home in the U.S. Plus add someone like JuJu. I look forward to watching them in four years.
The women’s team still has a pipeline of really talented world class players that will keep them just above other countries for awhile. The men’s team is in a much tougher spot because we’re losing the experienced star players, in addition, some of the more accomplished NBA players over the next decade will be foreign born guys. Team USA needs to start taking the World Championships more seriously as a vehicle to really build an experienced roster for LA 2028. Hopefully they still run the annual camps that Coach K installed over the course of his tenure where the 30 or so guys who commit to the program for that cycle have to attend every summer training.

The women’s team still has a pipeline of really talented world class players that will keep them just above other countries for awhile. The men’s team is in a much tougher spot because we’re losing the experienced star players, in addition, some of the more accomplished NBA players over the next decade will be foreign born guys. Team USA needs to start taking the World Championships more seriously as a vehicle to really build an experienced roster for LA 2028. Hopefully they still run the annual camps that Coach K installed over the course of his tenure where the 30 or so guys who commit to the program for that cycle have to attend every summer training.

I think it will also help having Spo as HC in 2028 if (when) Kerr steps away from this role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom