2024 PGA Tour | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

Scottie such a good dude. Really easy to be happy for him.
Amazing that he didn't wilt after three bogeys in four holes. Comes back with three straight birds. Very impressive. But both Morikowa and Theegala scored better than him for the week. Time to change the format. If you want to give strokes make it a little more fair. Maybe zero to five, instead of total of ten. Reward the guy but don't just annoint him the king. And yes, I know the history. But, even with that, guys aren't going to be able to always scale the ladder.

Amazing that he didn't wilt after three bogeys in four holes. Comes back with three straight birds. Very impressive. But both Morikowa and Theegala scored better than him for the week. Time to change the format. If you want to give strokes make it a little more fair. Maybe zero to five, instead of total of ten. Reward the guy but don't just annoint him the king. And yes, I know the history. But, even with that, guys aren't going to be able to always scale the ladder.
Well, it is a contrived type of tournament (over the 3 weeks), and they have been tinkering with the formula over the last couple decades. But I don't know where that ends. They'll probably continue to tinker, although that probably won't happen soon, as I'm thinking the PGA is thrilled to have Sheffler win it after his marvelous season. Especially after Adam Scott was quoted saying it was as good as any Tiger run, and he had seen them both. Take that, LIV!

Well, it is a contrived type of tournament (over the 3 weeks), and they have been tinkering with the formula over the last couple decades. But I don't know where that ends. They'll probably continue to tinker, although that probably won't happen soon, as I'm thinking the PGA is thrilled to have Sheffler win it after his marvelous season. Especially after Adam Scott was quoted saying it was as good as any Tiger run, and he had seen them both. Take that, LIV!
It's probably less contrived than NASCAR, which can't figure out how to restore excitement to what has become such a boring sport.

What I like the least is having the same bleeping course play host to the final every year.

Augusta it's not.

It's probably less contrived than NASCAR, which can't figure out how to restore excitement to what has become such a boring sport.

What I like the least is having the same bleeping course play host to the final every year.

Augusta it's not.

One of the things that draws me to watch golf on the tube is that, like with a good book or movie, I can locate myself in the story (yes, I enjoy playing also). I can find nothing comparable in any aspect of NASCAR. I completely agree with your assessment of East Lake. Enough already.

East Lake is still very blah although players raved about the reno. Also doesn't make sense to have the final tournament in the South in late August when it's sweltering. PGA can and should do better.

Bat chit crazy stuff. Very happy that I became a golf nut just in time for the Scottie era.

Not close to being the Lebron to Tiger's Jordan but this is ridiculous. Especially the improvement with the putter.

Got tickets for the Presidents Cup, Friday round, next week in Montreal (I'm about 70 minutes from the course)

For anybody thinking of going, buy tickets via Stubhub instead of Ticketmaster (the official site of tickets) as they are much cheaper on Stubhub. Indicates the ticket market is not quite as strong as the PGA wanted. Also search for tickets on StubHub USA instead of Stubhub Canada as they are cheaper on StubHub USA usually by about $30-$40 (and that includes conversion). For Friday, via Ticketmaster the tickets are being sold for $225 CAD (including fees). I got mine on StubHub yesterday for $73CAD (including fees) -- I got a good deal as they are selling for about $130 including fees right now for Friday, but that is still way better than TicketMaster.

On paper, and based on historic results, this appears to be a blowout. At least I am going for matches 6-10, so it will still be a competition at this point.

Mike Weir, needed to be less diplomatic in his team selection. Aussie have not shied about picking an extra Aussie who perhaps didn't deserve to make it when it was there. He should have taken 4, Canadians on the team instead of 3... Could have helped with team energy and fan energy. Nick Taylor or Adam Hadwin, should have picked over Christian Bezendenhout (sp?).

Got tickets for the Presidents Cup, Friday round, next week in Montreal (I'm about 70 minutes from the course)

For anybody thinking of going, buy tickets via Stubhub instead of Ticketmaster (the official site of tickets) as they are much cheaper on Stubhub. Indicates the ticket market is not quite as strong as the PGA wanted. Also search for tickets on StubHub USA instead of Stubhub Canada as they are cheaper on StubHub USA usually by about $30-$40 (and that includes conversion). For Friday, via Ticketmaster the tickets are being sold for $225 CAD (including fees). I got mine on StubHub yesterday for $73CAD (including fees) -- I got a good deal as they are selling for about $130 including fees right now for Friday, but that is still way better than TicketMaster.

On paper, and based on historic results, this appears to be a blowout. At least I am going for matches 6-10, so it will still be a competition at this point.

Mike Weir, needed to be less diplomatic in his team selection. Aussie have not shied about picking an extra Aussie who perhaps didn't deserve to make it when it was there. He should have taken 4, Canadians on the team instead of 3... Could have helped with team energy and fan energy. Nick Taylor or Adam Hadwin, should have picked over Christian Bezendenhout (sp?).
It's Christian Gezundheit. He's nothing to sneeze at.

2025 Ryder Cup in Bethpage accepting applications for a ticket lottery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom