2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Love this kids hair. Definitely using that Soul Glo
soul let GIF

Also saw he averaged 3 TO's a game, don't think that's too good based on his assist average.
There’s different kinds of turnovers. Bad shots can be worse than turnovers as can live ball turnovers. To me, bad shots can be worse than turnover. It can lead to a lot of bad things.

I don’t think the concerns are misplaced, he’s not really a PG… at least, not with those awful turnover stats and bare bones assist numbers.

Which is why I was talking about all the games having watched vs stats… I want the best option too but this isn’t a bad option at all either.

Boogie Fland is going to be a good player, but would we want a true freshman running the point? There was one starting freshman in the Final Four this year. The game today is changing. It’s hard to win big with freshman.

Boogie Fland is going to be a good player, but would we want a true freshman running the point? There was one starting freshman in the Final Four this year. The game today is changing. It’s hard to win big with freshman.
Worked for us in 2003. Yes i know we had Melo

He's def got talent, but I'd be scared that it's a Judah redux (and I'm not trying to slam Judah). What I mean is what you're likely alluding to -- he's going to be growing/learning on the fly and doing that while trying to position himself for the draft while carrying the load of a lead guard with experienced players is a lot.

Again, kid seems talented. I'm torn. Can't see a portal PG that will be everything we need, but I'm terrified of a frosh just not being ready for the grind and responsibility. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

I would probably still roll the dice on him over the guys we've been connected to in the portal. But yes, getting a good, experienced PG would be perfect.

He's def got talent, but I'd be scared that it's a Judah redux (and I'm not trying to slam Judah). What I mean is what you're likely alluding to -- he's going to be growing/learning on the fly and doing that while trying to position himself for the draft while carrying the load of a lead guard with experienced players is a lot.

Again, kid seems talented. I'm torn. Can't see a portal PG that will be everything we need, but I'm terrified of a frosh just not being ready for the grind and responsibility. Maybe I'm just a cynic.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're just a skeptic.

We need leadership more than anything. A freshman could be a leader, but it’s rare. He’s obviously super talented.

Highly doubt Boogie wears Orange. But if somehow he ended up here you throw him out there at PG and let him run. That’s a first class problem.

"Old school" point guard, "combo" guard, whatever. Can you facilitate offense by actually running set plays for others? Do you have the ability to also score for yourself? Can you shoot at a reasonable clip?

This isn't hard for me.

In a heartbeat