2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Obviously, we still need a guard, depth at center and ideally a scoring wing. I'm assuming Kadary won't come back to the Cuse. Out of the available options (and ones I believe are semi-realistic), I'd love Red to land any of the following players: Jordan Ivy-Curry, August Mahoney, Ven-Allen Lubin (team back up with JJ), AJ Hoggard, Posh Alexander, TJ Power, or Miles Kelly.

IMO anyone of the guards I mentioned would instantly improve this roster and I know there haven't been reports on interest with most of them. Love to get thoughts on these players and their potential fit.

Obviously, we still need a guard, depth at center and ideally a scoring wing. I'm assuming Kadary won't come back to the Cuse. Out of the available options (and ones I believe are semi-realistic), I'd love Red to land any of the following players: Jordan Ivy-Curry, August Mahoney, Ven-Allen Lubin (team back up with JJ), AJ Hoggard, Posh Alexander, TJ Power, or Miles Kelly.

IMO anyone of the guards I mentioned would instantly improve this roster and I know there haven't been reports on interest with most of them. Love to get thoughts on these players and their potential fit.
In a dream world, if Red can land Hoggard/Posh and TJ Power, I'd be ecstatic.

What exactly happens with some of these guys in the portal if they don't find a team that wants them? Do they just get to return to their current school? Could some schools say no to a return forcing a kid to have to go juco or something?

What exactly happens with some of these guys in the portal if they don't find a team that wants them? Do they just get to return to their current school? Could some schools say no to a return forcing a kid to have to go juco or something?

They are left scrambling. SOL for many I would guess. At some point in the portal process the power of negotiation swings back to the schools. Certainly there will be kids left without a chair and without suiters.

They get JBA'd. Out of luck.

They get JBA'd. Out of luck.
I guess that's the best example people would know. But yep, you're pretty much finding a school as a regular college student now or off to the real world. So it would be wise to make sure you know you're good enough to get a landing spot if you portal.

I guess that's the best example people would know. But yep, you're pretty much finding a school as a regular college student now or off to the real world. So it would be wise to make sure you know you're good enough to get a landing spot if you portal.
It likely depends on where you're coming from and where you are attempting to go. Mahoney I'm assuming would be welcomed back at Yale, whereas Posh or Hoggard may have already been replaced at their school. But yes, landing spots are limited. A smaller school could clean up near the close of the portal just by offering a roster spot and playing time. How and why a player portaled likely comes into to it also.

It likely depends on where you're coming from and where you are attempting to go. Mahoney I'm assuming would be welcomed back at Yale, whereas Posh or Hoggard may have already been replaced at their school. But yes, landing spots are limited. A smaller school could clean up near the close of the portal just by offering a roster spot and playing time. How and why a player portaled likely comes into to it also.
In the case of Ivy schools and Mahoney they only get 4 years of eligibility so as a grad transfer if he wants to play he’d have to find another school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom