2024 - Portal Tracker | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2024 - Portal Tracker

Nothing like getting a bigger bag once you committed to another team in the portal, but that the SEC for you.
So you can flip from one team to another even after the portal closes? So portal commitments aren’t real commitments? Is that new?

So you can flip from one team to another even after the portal closes? So portal commitments aren’t real commitments? Is that new?
It’s not different than anything else I’d imagine. Until you sign or whatever it’s not actually official.

It’s not different than anything else I’d imagine. Until you sign or whatever it’s not actually official.
Then it’s just a verbal not a true committment. Weird stuff.

I’m just waiting for the first player to take an NIL deal from School A,
then flip to School B,
since NIL is totally *not* “pay for play”
and try to keep whatever upfront $ they got from School A also.

By claiming that since its $ for their Name, Image, and Likeness,they can still meet whatever pretend obligations and appearances the original NIL deal was for,
even though they aren’t playing a sport for that school.

Yeah theres no national letter of intent with transfers which means they can technically still be recruited until they either sign financial aid agreement or enroll in classes. I think su football lost a transfer this way once.

Correction-A financial aid package only ties the school to the player not the player to the school. So its really until transfers enroll that they are free agents.

Last edited:
then flip to School B,

By claiming that since its $ for their Name, Image, and Likeness,they can still meet whatever pretend obligations and appearances the original NIL deal was for,
Won't happen. The people giving out this money didn't get that money by being dumb. The money starts being given once you start attending school.

Won't happen. The people giving out this money didn't get that money by being dumb. The money starts being given once you start attending school.
I agree with this however, Im curious what happened in the case of Kadyn Proctor the OL. Bama to Iowa back to Bama in a matter of months.

I agree with this however, Im curious what happened in the case of Kadyn Proctor the OL. Bama to Iowa back to Bama in a matter of months.
In the case of Proctor, I want to know how he can be eligible to play. Spent 3 months in Iowa and transferred back to Alabama mid semester. So he would have technically taken 0 credits the spring semester.

No surprise South Carolina is the culprit here.

That school seems to have taken the lead position in questionable behavior regarding the portal.
Let's get dirtier

then flip to School B,

I think there may be a football player who portalled to SoCal and then left with some suspicion he was taking some NIL $ w/ him

No surprise South Carolina is the culprit here.

That school seems to have taken the lead position in questionable behavior regarding the portal.
They still won’t be any good. I think it’s great that the SEC teams keep doing each other bad. :) Welcome to the Jungle, Texas and Oklahoma. Have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom