2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

They’re not that bad but they’re not good enough from what I understand to give him any meaningful role catching anything yet
I remember Qadry Ismail had some hands issues up to his junior year. He was still ok on kickoffs, but he never returned punts and it kept him off the field as a WR until his junior year. I wonder if James would be ok just returning kickoffs.

I’d put kevin Jobity on the 2 deep before David O. But probably in the other DE slot and maybe put Chad Simmons behind Diggs. But I could certainly see David O coming in for some obvious passing downs.

For years I’ve always been expecting Hatcher to emerge and i like him. But he is still not quite strong enough to be the preferred starter IMO if it’s opposite Zeed. Since Zeed is starting I feel like you need somebody tougher at the opposite WR position. At one WR spot I could see Hatcher and Meeks listed as an or splitting time until JRS is healthily. Then 1. JRS and 2. Meeks at one spot and maybe slide Hatcher to behind Zeed at the other.

I could see E Ross fitting in well on the second line behind Peña. He seems to have a good skill set for that spot.
When you talk about Hatcher's strength, are you basing that on last year or have you seen him this year?

Quintin Spotwood says “Hi”.

I remember Qadry Ismail had some hands issues up to his junior year. He was still ok on kickoffs, but he never returned punts and it kept him off the field as a WR until his junior year. I wonder if James would be ok just returning kickoffs.
I wouldnt expect to see him in meaningful situations during the first half of the season

When you talk about Hatcher's strength, are you basing that on last year or have you seen him this year?
We saw him in the spring. I would guess there is not all that much change in his body since April.

Really like the interview. Super straight forward. No sugar coating. These are the starters. These are the backup.
No nonsense right there! Gotta love that for tough football in the trenches!

We saw him in the spring. I would guess there is not all that much change in his body since April.
If we were talking about lineman needing to add a bunch of weight I think we could say that with more certainty. I don't think WRs need to make as much of a change to make an impact on the field. You may be right, but I'll wait to see who makes it on the field. Devonta Smith won the Heisman and is only 170 lbs.

If we were talking about lineman needing to add a bunch of weight I think we could say that with more certainty. I don't think WRs need to make as much of a change to make an impact on the field. You may be right, but I'll wait to see who makes it on the field. Devonta Smith won the Heisman and is only 170 lbs.

Yup, this.

Taj Harris looked like a stick figure drawing, and still managed to break all the long-standing Frosh receiving records at Cuse.

Ability met opportunity.

Hatcher always struck me as Taj 2.0 (minus the attitude issues), so I’ve been waiting to see him put it all together.
Would be thrilled if this is the year.

But if not - thankfully we have the deepest WR room we’ve had in decades, so surely somebody will step up.
(I like #18 as a dark horse to do so).

When you hear McCord speak, he sounds like a future coach. He’s very smart, articulate and has a deep understanding of the game. Without McCord actually saying it, you can tell everyone has confidence in him and trusts him. It has to make him feel so much better than the way it was at Ohio State. He’s a very special young man.

I just read Emily’s article. A little off topic because expanding beyond football here since we already know more about AA and FLJ story, we are truly blessed to have the head coaches in the SU athletic program that we have. It just makes it so much more fun when you’re not just rooting for Syracuse success, but the success of FB, FLJ, and AA because there stories are so incredible.

I just read Emily’s article. A little off topic because expanding beyond football here since we already know more about AA and FLJ story, we are truly blessed to have the head coaches in the SU athletic program that we have. It just makes it so much more fun when you’re not just rooting for Syracuse success, but the success of FB, FLJ, and AA because there stories are so incredible.
By the way that was a great article by Emily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom