2024 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead

Virginia is losing quite a bit at midfield:
Offensive midfield - McConvey, Connor, Garno
Defensive midfield - Zinn, Salade

UVa did pull in graduate transfer Chase Yager from Harvard at ssdm.

Oh no, whatever will UVA do for midfield depth.
in this age of giving out extra years like candy, pretty disappointing. he could've played football this year. but bc it's a different sport [and he wasn't playing it @ the school he chose stanford, as it wasn't varsity offered]... he lost the football year when injured, but although an eligible athlete, doesn't get it for lax.

Virginia is losing quite a bit at midfield:
Offensive midfield - McConvey, Connor, Garno
Defensive midfield - Zinn, Salade

UVa did pull in graduate transfer Chase Yager from Harvard at ssdm.
mcconvey's a big loss on o, but defense is the question mark. including ssdm. the offense should score.

Not surprised this seemed like a long shot even after JHU was able to finagle another year for Degnon.
not sure why would be such a long shot, last year was only his second in using up any eligibility, and the nc$$ made it 6 years to play 4 with covid for everyone. this would've been his 6th year, even if he didn't have 2 medical redshirts. it actually doesn't make much sense at all without knowing their logic.

not sure why would be such a long shot, last year was only his second in using up any eligibility, and the nc$$ made it 6 years to play 4 with covid for everyone. this would've been his 6th year, even if he didn't have 2 medical redshirts. it actually doesn't make much sense at all without knowing their logic.

I think you answered your own question actually. He would have been eligible to play football this fall had he chose to play for UVA and probably could have gotten a waiver for 24 as well. Miezan wasn't playing lax in 18, 19 or more importantly 2020 when the extra COVID year was granted.

I think you answered your own question actually. He would have been eligible to play football this fall had he chose to play for UVA and probably could have gotten a waiver for 24 as well. Miezan wasn't playing lax in 18, 19 or more importantly 2020 when the extra COVID year was granted.
we'll disagree. specifically both his medical redshirts in 19-20 and 20-21, unless he was deemed healthy by the spring BOTH times after missing almost the whole season each time, should give any student year 6.

what the rulebook says is any student matriculating in d1 has 5 years to play as many as 4 years in any sport. if he was injured and could not play in either of those springs, a non-participant shouldn't be disadvantaged any more than a guy injured while on a roster.

so they gave everyone on a roster another year to complete 4, and anyone else unable to play by their own med redshirt rules (which give a student a 6th year), don't.

the only thing that would make sense is if he was *healthy* both springs. and i'm not sure how even that does. and at least one was a knee injury.

not much of a loss. he wasnt all that impressive last season and i dont believe he would have been much more than a 2nd or 3rd line middie again this season

uva's biggest loss by far is mcconvey. guy's a stud. the other losses are replaceable with the talent they have plus transfers

Is it possible that Mark is waiting for an NCAA decision or is he definitely eligible?

He's in a 2-year graduate business program.
with a stanford degree. pretty sure he'll be okay.

no worries, i'm sure dmv didn't cheer for kennedy in his 6th year. or rehfuss in his. and wants nothing to do with stevens in his. and however many more.

good news for ricky and the hoos is he can play football next year if he wants to. #go_ncaa

with a stanford degree. pretty sure he'll be okay.

no worries, i'm sure dmv didn't cheer for kennedy in his 6th year. or rehfuss in his. and wants nothing to do with stevens in his. and however many more.

good news for ricky and the hoos is he can play football next year if he wants to. #go_ncaa

I don't see anyone cheering I think several just see the logic in the NCAA's decision that he shouldn't have gotten yet another year of eligibility for a sport he just started playing last year and has been in college since the fall of 18.

I don't see anyone cheering I think several just see the logic in the NCAA's decision that he shouldn't have gotten yet another year of eligibility for a sport he just started playing last year and has been in college since the fall of 18.
not the way i read his post then or now.

Is it possible that Mark is waiting for an NCAA decision or is he definitely eligible?
No his freshman season was 2020 the Covid yr so he's eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom