2024 Schedule... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule...

Will it be one entry fee for both games or 2 fees? Isn't hard to do 2 if the football game is right after the LAX game? Seems to me the A.D. has more to gain in the long run by only charging 1 fee for both games. And I think someone said the Virginia game will be $25. So at worst raise it to $30 to include both.

The LAX is scheduled for 2 PM. Anyone who wants to see SU-UVA buys a ticket.

LAX ends at 4:15, open up the Dome for free at 4:30, start the FB at 5 PM.

Otherwise, you have to start the FB scrimmage at 9-10 AM. Doesn't work. Too early.

Will it be one entry fee for both games or 2 fees? Isn't hard to do 2 if the football game is right after the LAX game? Seems to me the A.D. has more to gain in the long run by only charging 1 fee for both games. And I think someone said the Virginia game will be $25. So at worst raise it to $30 to include both.

Spring game is free.
Your spring game has to be free admission, otherwise other teams can send scouts to it. That's the determining factor, whether or not an admission fee is charged.

Your spring game has to be free admission, otherwise other teams can send scouts to it. That's the determining factor, whether or not an admission fee is charged.

Just about every spring game across the country is free and has been as long as I can remember. In today's age of everything broadcast online, it's gonna be scouted no matter what.

Just about every spring game across the country is free and has been as long as I can remember. In today's age of everything broadcast online, it's gonna be scouted no matter what.
The schools exchange game film nowadays instead of sending people to sit in the press box. While there is a chance to see some things, these games are fairly worthless for scouting purposes because personnel will change and most of the offense will be pretty vanilla. The most attractive thing about SU's game is that there's a new staff in place and nearly everything folks knew about previous teams is now worthless.

The schools exchange game film nowadays instead of sending people to sit in the press box. While there is a chance to see some things, these games are fairly worthless for scouting purposes because personnel will change and most of the offense will be pretty vanilla. The most attractive thing about SU's game is that there's a new staff in place and nearly everything folks knew about previous teams is now worthless.

Agreed, trying to scout spring games are essentially worthless, no team is showing anything of substance. Maybe you see a guy play a more prominent role who could be a breakout player in the fall or a new formation or 2 but in most cases it provides nothing. As you noted for new coaching staffs there is gonna be something there to review because as of right now there's zero to go on.

Agreed, trying to scout spring games are essentially worthless, no team is showing anything of substance. Maybe you see a guy play a more prominent role who could be a breakout player in the fall or a new formation or 2 but in most cases it provides nothing. As you noted for new coaching staffs there is gonna be something there to review because as of right now there's zero to go on.
Took me a second to realize you guys were talking about football. I was very confused.

Man that IL article must have really ruffled some feathers about Syracuse "being back". The amount of posters screaming at SU to pump the brakes over at fanlax is disturbing.

Man that IL article must have really ruffled some feathers about Syracuse "being back". The amount of posters screaming at SU to pump the brakes over at fanlax is disturbing.

Agreed because it seems like it's only a couple of guys over there making Championship weekend plans already, everyone else is being realistic.

Agreed because it seems like it's only a couple of guys over there making Championship weekend plans already, everyone else is being realistic.

Yup, and really it's only one guy and he's actually agreeing with the pump the brake crowd but somehow thinks SU should be 9-0 to start the season which makes no fn sense. Just about everyone is pretty realistic about the issues the team still has and how difficult it's gonna be.

I’m making championship weekend plans

I'll be there no matter what, at least on Saturday and I hope the Orange are too and if you're there I'd be happy to have a beer or two at Xfinity Live!

As opposed to 12:30?

Does me no friggin good. Dad still has a cardiology appointment at 11:15.

Looks like I'll be in the mancave.

As opposed to 12:30?

Does me no friggin good. Dad still has a cardiology appointment at 11:15.

Looks like I'll be in the mancave.

At this point why not play at 9am? So bizarre.

I thought you were not allowed to attend an opp game in person period. I would think that extends to practice or spring games.

I thought you were not allowed to attend an opp game in person period. I would think that extends to practice or spring games.
IDK one way or the other, since "everyone" trades game films. At the very least, they could ask for the film, especially since SU's FB team has an entirely new coaching staff.

IDK one way or the other, since "everyone" trades game films. At the very least, they could ask for the film, especially since SU's FB team has an entirely new coaching staff.
If I recall, most sports programs use a third party company to which game film is uploaded and thus able to be accessed via the cloud. Read this during the Michigan sign stealing scandal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom