2024 Schedule... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule...

that was a student run broadcast...it had nothing to do with the conference. b1g+ is just games produced independently by the schools and then packaged together under the branding of the conference, but there is no conference involvement in the production of the games. it was all maryland...they need to do better. when u bring it up their fans get extremely defensive. but it's a pathetic effort from a school thats supposed to care about lacrosse...

It was one of the worst I have ever seen. The Hobart conference broadcast linked with the radio broadcast team done at night in March in 2019 was light years better.

It does not seem at all unreasonable to wonder whether Spallina SR would accept an assistants position next year when his daughter arrives at SU. The fourth assistant position has remained oddly open and it does not appear as though Kayla has any intention of filling it this year.
Yeah and he's a good coach so would be a good addition for the women's team.

Oh no, I spent $10 to watch the game on B1G+. I know what I saw and it was horrible with a view that required a magnifying glass to identify players jerseys. How ESPN can have an even further camera angle, I don’t know. The only respite was when they’d show highlights or notable plays captured from the more field level cameras. Maybe the regular B1G network broadcast cameras are placed in normal acceptable positions as opposed to the plus levels? The university of Maryland and the B1G network should be embarrassed that the premier team of the B1G lacrosse is allowed to be presented in such a fashion
Yeah that was ridiculous it was like sitting in the nose bleeds at that stadium watching the game. I was shocked a program like Maryland had such a terrible viewing of a big game like SU vs Maryland.

Yeah and he's a good coach so would be a good addition for the women's team.
Spallina wasn’t interested in the HC job before Kayla took it no way he comes to be an assistant. His old assistant coach Kaitlyn Deflise-Watkins is the current defensive coordinator for Syracuse.Besides Alexa he still has another daughter in school and is paid very well at SB and his family is embedded on LI

Spallina wasn’t interested in the HC job before Kayla took it no way he comes to be an assistant. His old assistant coach Kaitlyn Deflise-Watkins is the current defensive coordinator for Syracuse.Besides Alexa he still has another daughter in school and is paid very well at SB and his family is embedded on LI
Oh I forgot he had another daughter. She's actually adorable I met her at a few games last yr. Figured all his kids at SU maybe he retires and just coaches there as an assistant much less responsible as a HC. Easy to make all the games too. I know his wife's mother lives 15 mins from SU campus. Hes probably gonna coach his youngest now too and stay on LI so yeah he will probably stay coaching at Stonybrook too.

There is rumors he would retire from SB in the next few years but unless Kayla leaves for some reason I just can’t see him taking an assistant position. I was not aware his mother in-law was local that is an interesting twist. I really have no more insight then the next guy

There is rumors he would retire from SB in the next few years but unless Kayla leaves for some reason I just can’t see him taking an assistant position. I was not aware his mother in-law was local that is an interesting twist. I really have no more insight then the next guy
My sister actually works with Mrs. Spallina at Mt Sinia elementary school. That's how I know the mom lives close by and how I met the family. Mrs. Spallina is a substitute teacher so she fills in for my sisters class when she's out. I tired getting info on Alexa choosing SU instead of playing for her dad and if it's his last yr but my sister refuses to ask. She don't care about us lacrosse fans. Lmao

Alexa definitely seems bought into coming to Cuse but Dad is a heck of a competitor I still worry he might be trying to flip her to SB can’t say I’d blame him

Alexa definitely seems bought into coming to Cuse but Dad is a heck of a competitor I still worry he might be trying to flip her to SB can’t say I’d blame him
I think he wants her to be on her own in college and make a name for herself. I'm sure he would have loved to have her at Stonybrook but SU is perfect due to the boys playing there too so the parents can see them all play. Especially with Mrs. Spallina's mom living so close to campus. It was either Stonybrook or SU. I was thinking maybe he was gonna leave Stonybrook after this yr and go be an assistant at SU so he can be around the kids. Sure tough going from HC to assistant but we all make sacrifices for the kids. He's not gonna tho since he still has the little one and I'm sure he's coaching her up now too. From what I was told tho Alexa is definitely sticking with SU. She grew up with Joey loving SU so she loves SU too.

He is definitely his kids biggest fan. He is pacing back and forth usually in the handicap area at whatever end Joey is cheering his ass off for not only Joey but every kid on the field.

It was because it was odd Big Ten + or whatever the hell they call it. The camera looked like it was placed across the street on the roof of a parking garage. It was horrific.
Maryland's stadium layout is a mess. When Debbie Yow was their AD, she wanted to expand the stadium. She hand-picked an "advisory committee" about the expansion. Their recommendation - Don't do it! We won't be able to pay for it. She did it anyway, leading to the financial troubles that made them join the B1G. The best thing they can do is to knock it down and start over.

I never told u guys but Jake Murphy is my nephew. So his mom is my sister who works with Mrs. Spallina which is where I got all my info from last yr and this yr. Also why I was so defensive of Jake last yr. Lol I just know what kind of kid he is, player and how hard he works and he just didn't get along well with coach Petro. Petro wanted him to change and play his way but Jake was so used to playing 4 yrs a different way. Messed his mind up and he didn't play relaxed and to his ability last yr. He def held his own but we know he should have played at a higher level but when ur mentally thinking all the time and not comfortable it effects u. We all know Petro is set in his ways and it's his way that's it. Tough tho for a grad transfer who played a certain way for 4 yrs. A freshman u can mold ur style. Petro would scream at him if he threw a check. Petro is not big on checking as he wrote in his book. He was so used to it that it came natural. Coach Troy Reh at LIU is big on checking even his shortys. He's a great kid tho and thanked me every game I went to and told me he loves me. He asked me to walk with him on senior day that's how close we are. That's the kind of kid he is and why I was so defensive of him.. The best is he's doing well for himself as he got a teaching job and HC of Bellport Varsity lacrosse.

Last edited:
He is definitely his kids biggest fan. He is pacing back and forth usually in the handicap area at whatever end Joey is cheering his ass off for not only Joey but every kid on the field.
Omg I think it was the 1st UNC game they showed him after Joey scored and he went nuts. It was so awesome to see. Yeah he likes to be away from everyone and was a huge fan of the team. He let Jake come down and practice for free when he had open practices. He would charge $35 in December at Stonybrook and run practices to get HS and college kids ready for the season. Any SU kid trained for free like Leo and others. He's a good dude.

Maryland's stadium layout is a mess. When Debbie Yow was their AD, she wanted to expand the stadium. She hand-picked an "advisory committee" about the expansion. Their recommendation - Don't do it! We won't be able to pay for it. She did it anyway, leading to the financial troubles that made them join the B1G. The best thing they can do is to knock it down and start over.
I mean the stadium is old but it's a nice stadium. I went there back in the late 90s for games as I had friends who went to school there and then last yr I went to the SU game there and it was nice. Just when I went home and watched the game I couldn't believe how they showed the whole game from up too like that. I mean I seen better HS games then that. It was a like a father taping the game from the the top of the stadium. If they do that again this yr they should be ashamed. Lol

I never told u guys but Jake Murphy is my nephew. So his mom is my sister who works with Mrs. Spallina which is where I got all my info from last yr and this yr. Also why I was so defensive of Jake last yr. Lol I just know what kind of kid he is, player and how hard he works and he just didn't get along well with coach Petro. Petro wanted him to change and play his way but Jake was so used to playing 4 yrs a different way. Messed his mind up and he didn't play relaxed and to his ability last yr. He def held his own but we know he should have played at a higher level but when ur mentally thinking all the time and not comfortable it effects u. We all know Petro is set in his ways and it's his way that's it. Tough tho for a grad transfer who played a certain way for 4 yrs. A freshman u can mold ur style. Petro would scream at him if he threw a check. Petro is not big on checking as he wrote in his book. He was so used to it that it came natural. Coach Troy Reh at LIU is big on checking even his shortys. He's a great kid tho and thanked me every game I went to and told me he loves me. He asked me to walk with him on senior day that's how close we are. That's the kind of kid he is and why I was so defensive of him. Anyway so yeah between him and the Spallinas is where I got my info from. I'm kind of glad he's done this yr because I was on the board a lot and during games and guys can be ruthless lmao but I get it we're all passionate fans. In the moment of a game if a guy gets beat he sucks. Lol
Murphy had a great year for us and will certainly be missed this season. Was reliable and had a serious motor.

I mean the stadium is old but it's a nice stadium. I went there back in the late 90s for games as I had friends who went to school there and then last yr I went to the SU game there and it was nice. Just when I went home and watched the game I couldn't believe how they showed the whole game from up too like that. I mean I seen better HS games then that. It was a like a father taping the game from the the top of the stadium. If they do that again this yr they should be ashamed. Lol
The broadcast position for the announcers is just about at the top of Teyser Tower, like 5 (or more) stories up. For a long time, they had the cameras up, there, too, and it looked like they were broadcasting the game from a blimp hovering over Annapolis. They only seat people on the Tower side of the field for lacrosse. That's no big deal. But having the cameras on that side of the field always showed the empty stands on the unused side of the field. Recently, they put the cameras in platforms attached to the second deck of the opposite side of the field. This was a very smart idea and they deserve credit for it. The camera angles were 100,000x better and, for lacrosse, they showed the side of the field where people were actually sitting. Now, they (and a lot of other schools) just need to erase the football lines when playing lacrosse.

I never told u guys but Jake Murphy is my nephew. So his mom is my sister who works with Mrs. Spallina which is where I got all my info from last yr and this yr. Also why I was so defensive of Jake last yr. Lol I just know what kind of kid he is, player and how hard he works and he just didn't get along well with coach Petro. Petro wanted him to change and play his way but Jake was so used to playing 4 yrs a different way. Messed his mind up and he didn't play relaxed and to his ability last yr. He def held his own but we know he should have played at a higher level but when ur mentally thinking all the time and not comfortable it effects u. We all know Petro is set in his ways and it's his way that's it. Tough tho for a grad transfer who played a certain way for 4 yrs. A freshman u can mold ur style. Petro would scream at him if he threw a check. Petro is not big on checking as he wrote in his book. He was so used to it that it came natural. Coach Troy Reh at LIU is big on checking even his shortys. He's a great kid tho and thanked me every game I went to and told me he loves me. He asked me to walk with him on senior day that's how close we are. That's the kind of kid he is and why I was so defensive of him. Anyway so yeah between him and the Spallinas is where I got my info from. I'm kind of glad he's done this yr because I was on the board a lot and during games and guys can be ruthless lmao but I get it we're all passionate fans. In the moment of a game if a guy gets beat he sucks. Lol
Thanks very much for sharing all of that. You have a right to be proud of Jake and glad you are. Go Orange!

I don’t think FB fans will show up at 2 PM for a scrimmage that may not start until 5.
But some, or many, may want to check out the lacrosse game if they've never been to one. Opportunity to create new fans. I'd think many, if not most, SU football fans are aware of the Syracuse lacrosse tradition.

But some, or many, may want to check out the lacrosse game if they've never been to one. Opportunity to create new fans. I'd think many, if not most, SU football fans are aware of the Syracuse lacrosse tradition.
How many FB fans would be willing to pay $20 a ticket to see LAX.

I doubt SU will let anyone into the LAX game for free.

How many FB fans would be willing to pay $20 a ticket to see LAX.

I doubt SU will let anyone into the LAX game for free.
Will it be one entry fee for both games or 2 fees? Isn't hard to do 2 if the football game is right after the LAX game? Seems to me the A.D. has more to gain in the long run by only charging 1 fee for both games. And I think someone said the Virginia game will be $25. So at worst raise it to $30 to include both.

Will it be one entry fee for both games or 2 fees? Isn't hard to do 2 if the football game is right after the LAX game? Seems to me the A.D. has more to gain in the long run by only charging 1 fee for both games. And I think someone said the Virginia game will be $25. So at worst raise it to $30 to include both.

Spring game is free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom