Sat, Feb 3Vermont
Mon, Feb 5Colgate
Fri, Feb 9Manhattan
Sat, Feb 17Maryland
Web, Feb 21Utah
Wed, Feb 28Army
Sat, Mar 2High Point
Sat, Mar 9at Hopkins (Charlotte)
Sat, Mar 16at Delaware (Chantilly, VA)2:00 p.m.
Wed, Mar 20Duke
Sat, Mar 23at Hobart5:00 p.m.
Sat, Mar 30at Notre Dame
Tues, April 2at Cornell7:00 p.m.
Sat, April 13at North Carolina
Sat, April 20Virginia
May 3-5ACC Tournament (Charlotte)
May 11-12NCAA 1st RdESPNU
May 18-19NCAA QtrsESPNU
May 25-27NCAA FFESPN2

Last edited:
I feel like the tourney has been in NC the last 4 times.

2019: at UNC
2018: at UVA
2017: at Duke
2016: at Kennesaw Mountain Landis, GA
2015: Chester, PA
2014: Chester, PA

They were supposed to have a rotation where each school hosted once every five years, but it never happened.

2019: at UNC
2018: at UVA
2017: at Duke
2016: at Kennesaw Mountain Landis, GA
2015: Chester, PA
2014: Chester, PA

They were supposed to have a rotation where each school hosted once every five years, but it never happened.
Lol. After Duke UNC and UVA get their way they had to put a stop to that whole rotation thing. Come on at least we are still on the east coast unlike ND. Have it in the dome already. Typical.

In all the years that SU has been in conference play (Big East and ACC), its a bit frustrating that none of the conference tournaments have been played anywhere near Syracuse, NY. They'll play in Georgia before anywhere near New York. I understand North Carolina makes sense since three of the five schools play in or very near that state, but it still doesn't mystifies me as to why tournament games can't be played anywhere near Syracuse. If they are going to pick a neutral site, how About DC which seems a lot closer to CNY than North Carolina? Seems like there is a greater recruiting advantage there as well.

A little outside the box, but they could also follow the lead of the Ivy League and play at or near an ACC membership school as a way to apply pressure on that school to add lacrosse. The Ivy plays at Columbia which does not have lacrosse. It's a little silly, but seems better than playing at random places like Chester PA and Kennesaw GA. Could the ACC play a game at Louisville, KY which would be a lot more central to Notre Dame and Syracuse?

Last point but it does seem like the greater lacrosse industrial complex does not value the upstate/western/central New York area. In the most recent PLL survey to chose "home cities" the furthest northern New York city chosen was Albany. What gives? You could chose New York as a region and New York City, but no Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse. The NCAA played a Quarterfinals game in the Dome all the way back in the Mike Powell years but nothing since. Buffalo just drew 20k fans to the NLL finals. Why won't the people in charge of lacrosse's greater good embrace the legacy and tradition of one of the sports biggest strong holds? Do they take it for granted? Worried fans won't show up if SU is not involved? Do they just not want to be associated with that region of the country? Just seems downright silly at this point.

In all the years that SU has been in conference play (Big East and ACC), its a bit frustrating that none of the conference tournaments have been played anywhere near Syracuse, NY. They'll play in Georgia before anywhere near New York. I understand North Carolina makes sense since three of the five schools play in or very near that state, but it still doesn't mystifies me as to why tournament games can't be played anywhere near Syracuse. If they are going to pick a neutral site, how About DC which seems a lot closer to CNY than North Carolina? Seems like there is a greater recruiting advantage there as well.

A little outside the box, but they could also follow the lead of the Ivy League and play at or near an ACC membership school as a way to apply pressure on that school to add lacrosse. The Ivy plays at Columbia which does not have lacrosse. It's a little silly, but seems better than playing at random places like Chester PA and Kennesaw GA. Could the ACC play a game at Louisville, KY which would be a lot more central to Notre Dame and Syracuse?

Last point but it does seem like the greater lacrosse industrial complex does not value the upstate/western/central New York area. In the most recent PLL survey to chose "home cities" the furthest northern New York city chosen was Albany. What gives? You could chose New York as a region and New York City, but no Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse. The NCAA played a Quarterfinals game in the Dome all the way back in the Mike Powell years but nothing since. Buffalo just drew 20k fans to the NLL finals. Why won't the people in charge of lacrosse's greater good embrace the legacy and tradition of one of the sports biggest strong holds? Do they take it for granted? Worried fans won't show up if SU is not involved? Do they just not want to be associated with that region of the country? Just seems downright silly at this point.

We were supposed to host the 2013 Big East Tourney.

Until we gave our notice that we were leaving the BE.

Short answer is too many higher ups are old dbags from greater Maryland area still mad about losing to cuse back in the day. Connection between that and the PLL's general disrespect for Canadians/NLL and other indoor leagues. Wonder what the whole situation is with Lyle not playing this year and instead focusing on box. Hopefully it leads to them changing their tune.

I would love to see the tournament in NYC. It would draw extremely well by all of the fanbases.

Could atleast have one acc team host tournament and switch every year. I remember having to play at duke for acc champ. But just switch spots each year so each school host tournament.

Re the PLL, here's why. I believe Paul Rabin, who owns and runs the PLL with his brother, hates Syracuse. Always has. Always will. I believe he has said as much. That's why the PLL has never played in the Dome and most likely never will. It's why I don't watch the PLL.

Short answer is too many higher ups are old dbags from greater Maryland area still mad about losing to cuse back in the day. Connection between that and the PLL's general disrespect for Canadians/NLL and other indoor leagues. Wonder what the whole situation is with Lyle not playing this year and instead focusing on box. Hopefully it leads to them changing their tune.
I personally think that Lyle is playing box right now, with some of his teammates to get ready for the World Cup.. just my opinion

Top 4 play correct?

This was supposed to be the format in 2020 before the season was cancelled. In 2019 the first seed got a bye and the other four teams played each other. It’s a bit silly (the whole endeavor is silly with no aq) but if your trying to boost everyone’s RPI it seems like that format makes the most sense. I’m guessing they go back to 2020 format? Makes those conference games super important.

This was supposed to be the format in 2020 before the season was cancelled. In 2019 the first seed got a bye and the other four teams played each other. It’s a bit silly (the whole endeavor is silly with no aq) but if your trying to boost everyone’s RPI it seems like that format makes the most sense. I’m guessing they go back to 2020 format? Makes those conference games super important.

I haven't heard anything obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if it looked like the 2019 set up. ACC doesn't like to leave a team put. Previously the 5th place team would play an IVY or another school in a "5th place" type game.

I was told we are trying to get Cornell back on the schedule. Navy in Annapolis is also a possibility.

Thanks. Cornell makes a lot of sense. Would be nice if it weren’t a midweek game. I like the Navy addition especially if they go to Annapolis. Would like to see them add a team they haven’t played in a while though. Seems crazy they don’t play a New England based team. BU would be fun.

Army not on the schedule? Seems a shame for them to be off another year but not sure I want any part of the Black Knights next year.

Assuming UNC game is neutral field? Thought that was part of the deal with last years game.

Thanks. Cornell makes a lot of sense. Would be nice if it weren’t a midweek game. I like the Navy addition especially if they go to Annapolis. Would like to see them add a team they haven’t played in a while though. Seems crazy they don’t play a New England based team. BU would be

Army not on the schedule? Seems a shame for them to be off another year but not sure I want any part of the Black Knights next year.

Assuming UNC game is neutral field? Thought that was part of the deal with last years game.

Seems the Patriot League is the target. BU and Army are possible adds.

Thanks. Cornell makes a lot of sense. Would be nice if it weren’t a midweek game. I like the Navy addition especially if they go to Annapolis. Would like to see them add a team they haven’t played in a while though. Seems crazy they don’t play a New England based team. BU would be fun.

Right now I would absolutely want army. Zero or at least heavily reduced worries about it being an RPI drain. The years you would rather not play them are when they go all out like their lives depended on it to win in the dome and then promptly get crushed by Marist or what have you.

Right now I would absolutely want army. Zero or at least heavily reduced worries about it being an RPI drain. The years you would rather not play them are when they go all out like their lives depended on it to win in the dome and then promptly get crushed by Marist or what have you.

I know both sides wanted to renew the series after taking this year off but I think the same issues that popped up previously are likely to be an issue again. Both teams wanted to avoid a midweek game and even with 2 less games with the ACC going back to the regular schedule I think SU is going to be hard pressed to fit Army in especially with Cornell likely coming back in and Albany and Hobart both being played on the weekend and more toward the beginning/middle of the schedule. SU is also scheduled to play Princeton this year at home and I have heard rumblings of other schools.

Seems the Patriot League is the target. BU and Army are possible adds.

BU would be a fun game to add, nice to see a different opponent. I know Army wants back on the schedule but not sure its going to work out for the reasons I outlined in another post.

Lol we can't seem to agree about anything this offseason!

I think it all depends on how the rest of the schedule plays out. From the outset it looks like UVA, Duke and Notre Dame will be the top three teams in the country next year. Hopkins will also be very good and should be at or near the top 5. Princeton will have some rebuilding to do, but they return some very good players and I have to imagine will be quite good next year. UNC while not being on the UVA/Duke/Notre Dame level will still be pretty good next year (and SU did lose to them in the Dome last year). That gives the Orange at least four games they'd be considered underdogs (Duke/UVA/ND/Hop) and two that seem like tossups to me (UNC/PU). So before adding anything that would be six pretty difficult games next year.
I think its pretty easy to see Cornell and Army coming close to replacing those two additional games ACC games from last year. So that's eight pretty tough games without adding in the ACC Tournament. Last year for whatever its worth they played nine ranked teams by the end of the year.

I guess the question is what does the coaching staff think about the games against A) Maryland and B) the teams that served as a drain on the RPI like Holy Cross, St Bonaventure and Hofstra. I'm guessing the series with Maryland is done with. Gait seemed to acknowledge that the games against the lower rated teams hurt their playoff chances. I'd guess they go a middle of the road strategy here (and that could be where the Patriot League teams make sense). I'd like to see the schedule another Big 10 team since that seems to be the conference that is the next best to the ACC, but not sure it needs to be Maryland.

I don't know, I'm rambling a bit here but I think the schedule can definitely be improved but I don't want to see them go totally crazy. Hopkins did it last year and it totally worked for them. That said I think the ACC is a different animal and the team should still have a few "breaks" in the schedule that gives them a chance to catch their breath a bit.

Lol we can't seem to agree about anything this offseason!

I think it all depends on how the rest of the schedule plays out. From the outset it looks like UVA, Duke and Notre Dame will be the top three teams in the country next year. Hopkins will also be very good and should be at or near the top 5. Princeton will have some rebuilding to do, but they return some very good players and I have to imagine will be quite good next year. UNC while not being on the UVA/Duke/Notre Dame level will still be pretty good next year (and SU did lose to them in the Dome last year). That gives the Orange at least four games they'd be considered underdogs (Duke/UVA/ND/Hop) and two that seem like tossups to me (UNC/PU). So before adding anything that would be six pretty difficult games next year.
I think its pretty easy to see Cornell and Army coming close to replacing those two additional games ACC games from last year. So that's eight pretty tough games without adding in the ACC Tournament. Last year for whatever its worth they played nine ranked teams by the end of the year.

I guess the question is what does the coaching staff think about the games against A) Maryland and B) the teams that served as a drain on the RPI like Holy Cross, St Bonaventure and Hofstra. I'm guessing the series with Maryland is done with. Gait seemed to acknowledge that the games against the lower rated teams hurt their playoff chances. I'd guess they go a middle of the road strategy here (and that could be where the Patriot League teams make sense). I'd like to see the schedule another Big 10 team since that seems to be the conference that is the next best to the ACC, but not sure it needs to be Maryland.

I don't know, I'm rambling a bit here but I think the schedule can definitely be improved but I don't want to see them go totally crazy. Hopkins did it last year and it totally worked for them. That said I think the ACC is a different animal and the team should still have a few "breaks" in the schedule that gives them a chance to catch their breath a bit.

Yes, I've thought it would make sense to schedule either Michigan, PSU or OSU. Geographically none of them are that far away and right now any of them appear to be a good win assuming UM and PSU at least are trending upward. I don't know if Rutgers would be a possibilty again but I'd prefer the other 3 schools.
Also regarding a Patriot League opponent I wonder if Loyola would be a possibility? Syracuse has a real nice rivarly with them in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Dropping Holy Cross, St Bonny's and Hofstra is a must. I heard rumors they might be playing Princeton at Stonybrook next season so they can still play on LI for recruiting and not have to play a LI team. Maybe drop Holy Cross and St Bonny's for like a Richmond or St Joes? BU would also be a good team to play.

I thought we had a 2 game contract with Hofstra? They owe us a home game.

And Princeton owes us a home game also.

It's bad enough we have to give up a home game to play UNC at some neutral site.

We should just play the whole schedule on the road. More time for hair metal bands and monster trucks.

Anyone know if Fairfield is coming to the Dome this year? Sorry if already mentioned. My son seems to think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom