2024 Schedule | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Bingo. Recruits aren't diving into who we played, they're looking at 9-3 or 10-2 and saying "that's a good football program"
Yup. This is about changing perceptions. The reality of the SOS is a different debate and far less meaningful at the start of the Fran Brown era. And, the SOS of the 25 schedule will give SU a golden opportunity to change perception into reality. Perfect storm.

There’s 10 wins already scheduled.

The 11th would be UMass or wake.

SMU would be a good game.

ND might be a reach.

Another 11th would be something like King posted.

I believe that’s pretty much our options.

Their stadium is way nicer than I expected. The field is relatively level and has some grass on it.

And they have power.

img_0265.jpg

Their stadium is way nicer than I expected. The field is relatively level and has some grass on it.

And they have power.

img_0265.jpg
Okay, that was a joke. This is some place called the Grape Bowl. Maaa. That was the sound a goat makes.

Here is the real stadium:

mcgurik17950.jpg

Are their big parking lots next to the stadium we can take over for tailgating?

Looks like the answer is yes.

If you want a P5 (or P4) opponent, Northwestern and TCU appear to need games.
  • Northwestern still needs a twelfth game with open dates on 9/14 and 11/9. This could be a seventh home game for us which certainly offsets playing a stronger opponent.
  • TCU appears to need a home game with possible open dates in September. TCU is probably looking for an FCS opponent.
If you want a non-P5 FBS opponent with an attractive destination, UNLV needs to replace Army too. 9/21 and 10/19 are open. UNLV is probably looking for an FCS opponent.

We don't need UMass (unless they come to us) or some FCS school.

Northwestern at Home would be a good test.

If we have to go on the road, playing UNLV in Allegiant Stadium would be a good place to play.

• Northwestern still needs a twelfth game with open dates on 9/14 and 11/9. This could be a seventh home game for us which certainly offsets playing a stronger opponent.
  • TCU appears to need a home game with possible open dates in September. TCU is probably looking for an FCS opponent.
If you want a non-P5 FBS opponent with an attractive destination, UNLV needs to replace Army too. 9/21 and 10/19 are open. UNLV is probably looking for an FCS opponent.

If we have to go on the road, playing UNLV in Allegiant Stadium would be a good place to play.
UNLV in Allegiant? They'd sell 10k tickets max

Neither Northwestern nor TCU have an FCS game scheduled, so they will most likely go that route.

Okay, that was a joke. This is some place called the Grape Bowl. Maaa. That was the sound a goat makes.

mcgurik17950.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks this stadium looks fantastic?

Neither Northwestern nor TCU have an FCS game scheduled, so they will most likely go that route.
Yep. Northwestern already is playing Duke and TCU is playing Stanford and SMU, both will add FCS

mcgurik17950.jpg

Nothing like a Lobster Roll tailgate!

Having three games within two hours of me would be amazing next year.
Wow that’s what regional conferences would be like???? So stupid these conferences now

Amherst is a pretty place.
Wife went there for grad school and it’s fantastic. She lived at Amherst college which is even nicer.

I would think if we played UMass we play at Gillette. UMass used to play there. Last time we played in foxboro was flutie years no?

Wow that’s what regional conferences would be like???? So stupid these conferences now
The ACC still has that for their old members. The SEC has it intact and the B1G does too. That's why college football is more popular in those places, IMO. Syracuse and BC are in no mans land.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm but honestly, if this plays out, I'll be at all 3 games
No I’m being completely real. Conference regionalization is what made it great. It’s foolish we are back slapping the idea of playing 3 games so close. That’s kinda how it should be. If Penn st, bc, UConn, Pitt, Rutgers, army were the schedule we would be localized.

It’s all so dumb now. Again don’t care where we end up because college football will include bc and Syracuse in whatever realignment occurs.

Just hope we are back w our neighbors and hoops goes back to the big east w our old friends. Of course I’m in the minority and everyone will say that’s crazy and no money opportunities for that.

Wife went there for grad school and it’s fantastic. She lived at Amherst college which is even nicer.

I would think if we played UMass we play at Gillette. UMass used to play there. Last time we played in foxboro was flutie years no?
If memory serves, we never played in Foxborough. I think all the Flutie games were still in Alumni Stadium but I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom