2024 Seating Changes | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Can they be worse than a bench though? you still get a back and some space to sit in. Half the crowd seems to only sit for 1/3 of the game anyway with 20 trips to someplace during the game .

No arm rests so still the chance to lie down if you want.

Now someone will invent a slide on pad for them and make some money.

many people had used those clip on seats, these have to be bigger than that and they weren't all the comfortable either.

the issue we these seats is what happens when you get up and down.. At least with benches you could tuck your coat or drink under the seats and protect them. Now every time you stand up to cheer you have to pay attention or you will kick your own drink over since they will fold back up on you.

I can see people standing up and forgetting and sitting on air a few times as well.

it will be like going to the kids XMAS play and 2 hrs in you start squirming trying to find a way to get comfy.. but at least now you can stand. most people wont be sitting for 3 hrs

Do we have an engineers.. Looks like you could build some clip on cup holders to attach to the seat row bar that extends out, They would love that.

Or do we all haul in 1x1 boxes with a hole for cups drilled into them to sit under our seats..

I am pretty sure seasons are the same for six or seven games.
The point was the per game price is actually cheaper if we have 7 games.

Edit

And remember that extra game is actually an ACC game. Last season was FCS, 2 G5, 3 ACC. Next year we will have 4 ACC. Even with 6 games it is a better slate of games.

Last edited:
If you’re going to do something then do it right. No cup holders is colossally dumb. The seat footprint is the seat footprint. Adding a solo cup size circumference holder to the end of an arm rest (back or front) doesn’t impact leg room or width.

Don’t go on the cheap and Get it done

IMG_8230.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg

Lower level non Uber seats. Have arms, cushioned and higher back.

View attachment 236730

That's not exactly an easy chair. They look a little spartan and I’m not sure of the “same size fits all” aspect. There’s not a lot of elbow room, (rests for one elbow but not both), and I’m not sure how much space there will be under the seat. Sitting with a winter coat on or over the back of the seat may be a problem. There are no cupholders. I’ve bought bottled drinks for years that I can put in my pocket But how much room will I have in my pocket? Many keep getting cups of beer during the game. A lot of it might get spilled by feet. And you can no longer climb over benches to find an easier exit route. I guess it’s progress. I hope it’s an improvement.

If you’re going to do something then do it right. No cup holders is colossally dumb. The seat footprint is the seat footprint. Adding a solo cup size circumference holder to the end of an arm rest (back or front) doesn’t impact leg room or width.

Don’t go on the cheap and Get it done

View attachment 236731View attachment 236732

That's the difference between a school that played for the natty and a 6-7 school that lost their bowl 0-45! :mad:

I had a conversation today with my 'account representative' at SU.

I asked him about those 'ADA Seating' designations, one of which is over my current seat at the top of 117. I asked if that meant "Americans With Disabilities Act", (it did) and if if that meant that my current location was eliminated for the non-disabled season ticket holders like me. He said that my seat was still there, that the space above that label in the section map represents two rows above the ADA seating that are still available. You'd never be able to tell that from the map.

I asked about upgrading to 116 to get closer to the 50 yard line and down to level 2 for basketball to avoid the climb to level 3 and he said that's possible. I should call him back on 2/1 for football and 2/20 for basketball to discuss that. (I can afford it better at 70 than I could at 26).

I asked how I check my score for seniority and contribution level and what it would take to upgrade. He said to call him back on 2/1 and 2/21 and we'll discuss that, too.

I asked how I can tell what seats were taken or previously held by season ticket holders. I wouldn't want to break up a group by selecting one of their seats and be told "That's Charley's seat", only to have Charley holler from ten rows down and tell his friends that he's down there now while his friends glare at me. He said not to worry about that. If I get one of their traditional seats, they can find somewhere else for the group to sit. That didn't sound fair, either. What we need is a map identifying the current locations of season ticket holders, (no names: just a blue dot) and/or seats taken in the new configuration so I can pick one not currently used and avoid the problem.

Yell back at Charley to donate more.

Given that there won’t be as many seats per row, it would seem like just a guess to have an existing season ticket holder map.

There’s probably a fairly significant number of season ticket holders in the east end zone who are going to disrupt it anyway.

The dome isn’t built like that. There’s less room front to back and they weren’t going to blowout all the concrete and start over. Trying to squeeze through while people are seated would take out some kneecaps. Same with the other pics you posted. There are engineering constraints.

Very hard plastic. Downstairs are padded.
I’m bringing my gel cushion; I have a pinched nerve that acts up when I sit in certain types of chairs. I can tell just by looking at it that these seats will give me issues if I don’t bring my cushion (suddenly I feel like an elderly man).

That's not exactly an easy chair. They look a little spartan and I’m not sure of the “same size fits all” aspect. There’s not a lot of elbow room, (rests for one elbow but not both), and I’m not sure how much space there will be under the seat. Sitting with a winter coat on or over the back of the seat may be a problem. There are no cupholders. I’ve bought bottled drinks for years that I can put in my pocket But how much room will I have in my pocket? Many keep getting cups of beer during the game. A lot of it might get spilled by feet. And you can no longer climb over benches to find an easier exit route. I guess it’s progress. I hope it’s an improvement.
With all due respect, I got lost as to how individual seats rather than benches impacts some of those issues like how much you can put in your pocket and beer getting spilled at your feet and climbing over seats rather than benches? Can't you climb over both?

The dome isn’t built like that. There’s less room front to back and they weren’t going to blowout all the concrete and start over. Trying to squeeze through while people are seated would take out some kneecaps. Same with the other pics you posted. There are engineering constraints.

this photo is darn close to what we have and the seats we‘re getting. We’re not designing a spaceship here, we’re talking about integrating something to hold a soda can.

aren’t people tired of always hearing how we can’t do something rather than figuring out how we can.

1705769268969.jpeg

With all due respect, I got lost as to how individual seats rather than benches impacts some of those issues like how much you can put in your pocket and beer getting spilled at your feet and climbing over seats rather than benches? Can't you climb over both?

the benches up top don’t have backs…..but nothing is tighter and more cramped than the times union (Pepsi) arena in Albany and people survive. (though no cup holders and that’s a pain point.)

this photo is darn close to what we have and the seats we‘re getting. We’re not designing a spaceship here, we’re talking about integrating something to hold a soda can.

aren’t people tired of always hearing how we can’t do something rather than figuring out how we can.

View attachment 236740

Not as good a pic but the amount of depth of concrete is far less in the Dome.

IMG_1333.jpeg

The gift and curse of the Dome is that it's built into campus with a small footprint. Really more akin to a European stadium in a city.