2024 Seating Changes | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I know there are many concerns for various reasons but are any of them coming from a perception of perceived future scarcity? We all know the program is poised to take off like a rocket ship but will we see a season ticket waiting list?

Slight correction. I believe donor rank still prevails. A new season ticket holder was only slotted in at the $99 level regardless of the seats they intended to purchase. Unless they bought 12 seats that would give them a donation of less than $500 and place them in Group 8 Varsity with 4 priority points. A renewing ticket holder would get a 5 point longevity bonus for each year, so even if it is their first year renewing, they would slot ahead of any newbies as long as they have a minimum donation of $100.
However, if the newbie makes a nonrefundable donation to the Athletics Opportunity Fund, that Donation will enable them to move up through the levels and their time slot will earlier in the process.
Pretty strong protection for the base, but leaves some wiggle room if a newbie wants to make a significant contribution.
Apologies. I confirmed my information was dated. There was yet another late tweak to the process where all new season ticket holders were manually moved to follow even the lowest ranked renewal. As with any exception there are scenarios where this will seem inequitable but it was determined to be the most responsive approach to feedback.

Hey, sorry to hear about all of these issues. Unfortunately as JR noted, it was the year off that unfortunately caused the issues with SU. If you had them transitioned before that next season you should have been able to not only get the tickets but also all of the priority points etc that came into play for this season. I think unfortunately you ran into some bad luck and timing which is understandable with what happened.

Is this your first year back with seasons? If so that's most likely whey they have you picking so late.
2nd year back

We did the same (unless you're one of the people in my group).

The $99 ticket still carries a donation, but a smaller one. They did this to try to keep it fair.

I had the most long time donations, so I became the..

c05b40b0-589a-494c-9fcd-cee496875441_text.gif
the coronation was never in doubt

the first slot of timed will people complaining over the riches they have to choose from.. The middle tier in week 2-3-4 about having to move a bit within the desired section or up to get an aisle or something then the 3rd tier will pick over the remnants and some will find they can throw some money in and get seats they never dreamed of or have to move sections and 20 rows to stay in their general area.

One thing about groups combining is that if will they let you split sits into multiple areas or force then to be connected in some way? People did it for a better selection spot but there is no guarantee that large 8-12 groups will have the same flexibility that smaller groups did to fit back in.

So sort of a funny story for this thread. Many of you know I used to be the President of the AZ SU Alumni Club and while I am retired from SU alumni volunteerism, I am still an admin of our Facebook page. The current people are not very savvy and approved a post yesterday from a recent person who joined our page and he is letting us know he has 6 season football tickets to SU games, listed each game along with his phone number AND said where his seats are located. Oh oh. He has no seat location at the moment. Scammer. Did he not do his research on what is going on at SU? I am guessing he is in other colleges Facebook pages doing this exact same thing. I put a disclaimer on his post, and of course knowing many people in the athletic department, one of them saw it and removed the post. He then entered 6 of our chats to try the same thing. I blocked him, because no one else thought to do that, and today hopefully someone is making sure that everything on our page, or anyplace else he entered has it removed.

I just think the funny part is that if we all weren't going though this right now, it might now have been so recognizable. So thanks, SU for redoing our seats.

So sort of a funny story for this thread. Many of you know I used to be the President of the AZ SU Alumni Club and while I am retired from SU alumni volunteerism, I am still an admin of our Facebook page. The current people are not very savvy and approved a post yesterday from a recent person who joined our page and he is letting us know he has 6 season football tickets to SU games, listed each game along with his phone number AND said where his seats are located. Oh oh. He has no seat location at the moment. Scammer. Did he not do his research on what is going on at SU? I am guessing he is in other colleges Facebook pages doing this exact same thing. I put a disclaimer on his post, and of course knowing many people in the athletic department, one of them saw it and removed the post. He then entered 6 of our chats to try the same thing. I blocked him, because no one else thought to do that, and today hopefully someone is making sure that everything on our page, or anyplace else he entered has it removed.

I just think the funny part is that if we all weren't going though this right now, it might now have been so recognizable. So thanks, SU for redoing our seats.
The other facebook volunteers for areas that have pages should be notified to look out for these scams. Would be nice if the athletic dept person who deleted yours did it to give other alumni clubs a heads up.

The other facebook volunteers for areas that have pages should be notified to look out for these scams. Would be nice if the athletic dept person who deleted yours did it to give other alumni clubs a heads up.
That would be up to the Office of Alumni Relations, and once again, I am no longer connected in any way. I just did it for my group to be nice, and because no one else noticed. The Office of Alumni Relations technically "own" all of our Facebook groups for local alumni clubs.

I did see that somewhere.

Pretty seamless experience today. Took a few minutes. Seemed like there was a priority on aisle seats in lower bowl on home side but that's only what I quickly noticed as I checked home vs. away. Lot of people pick random seats too (middle of rows, random upper deck, etc.) There were some areas blocked off -- in the upper deck on the non student side, presumably for partial ticket plans as well as the visiting section in the corner. But they may open them up as it goes too. Hard to glean too much from it on day one.

Pretty seamless experience today. Took a few minutes. Seemed like there was a priority on aisle seats in lower bowl on home side but that's only what I quickly noticed as I checked home vs. away. Lot of people pick random seats too (middle of rows, random upper deck, etc.) There were some areas blocked off -- in the upper deck on the non student side, presumably for partial ticket plans as well as the visiting section in the corner. But they may open them up as it goes too. Hard to glean too much from it on day one.

Thanks for the info. I suspected home lower bowl would be the area that filled in the most especially the middle sections and aisle. Like you said hard to glean much from Day 1, week from now will tell a lot.

High roller...

If I lose my seats on the 40 yd line behind su bench, Ima comin to your world and going to the visitor bench, and I am gona harsss with you..game..on!

if the 100 a day or so people processing tickets holds true a couple thousand or so tickets will be gone by this week. Add that to the roughly 6k removed and the student hold and we have filled 20% of the old dome. Add another 4 days in next week and might be 10% filled of the new dome.

Thanks for the update.

Would love to see SU Athletics post a screen shot of the seats selected on Twitter/Facebook on a nightly basis.

Thanks for the update.

Would love to see SU Athletics post a screen shot of the seats selected on Twitter/Facebook on a nightly basis.
Imagine the dumpster fire those threads would be! But I agree I'd like to know that info as well.

It is disappointing that we can't login and see the progress at some point before our Tee times. In a mostly empty dome some small moving around and all is good. Once it starts tipping towards full sections people may have to make real decisions on moving a bunch of rows or changing sections and if your group is more than just a majority of one, making the change may require some discussion. Middle of a work day to locate others in your group isn't the easiest thing for everyone to do. Even an end of week snap shot would be interesting over the 7-8 weeks of this thing. if nothing else it would show a sample of where the bigger donors are sitting for FB vs when the same thing happens for BB.

It is disappointing that we can't login and see the progress at some point before our Tee times. In a mostly empty dome some small moving around and all is good. Once it starts tipping towards full sections people may have to make real decisions on moving a bunch of rows or changing sections and if your group is more than just a majority of one, making the change may require some discussion. Middle of a work day to locate others in your group isn't the easiest thing for everyone to do. Even an end of week snap shot would be interesting over the 7-8 weeks of this thing. if nothing else it would show a sample of where the bigger donors are sitting for FB vs when the same thing happens for BB.

Prior years for seat upgrades you could look at what was available before your time slot.