2024 Seating Changes | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

They absolutely need sample or test seats somewhere for the Spring game. I love the view for 300 but if the seats are a lot better in 100 I might move. It also as you said gets people in the door, but in this case the Spring game and not BBall. I would certainly show up when I normally would not.
If memory serves, last year’s Spring game the upper deck was closed off. I’d like to stay where we are but if we have to move, we may try to migrate over to 321 where friends sit. I’ve been considering doing that anyway actually.

Would be nice to checkout the views first.

Isn't this seating issue going to be moreso for basketball anyway. Feels like for football you'll probably get a fairly equivalent location.

Also...the program is on the up-and-up with Fran Brown.

The next step in building upon a first-rate fan experience at the JMA Wireless Dome is here! Ticket pricing and seating maps for 2024-25 Orange football and men's and women's basketball are now available for all fans on Cuse.com.

During the summer of 2024, new chairback seating will be installed throughout the entire venue, replacing all bleacher seating in the JMA Wireless Dome. The change in seating requires a new seat map, including changes to section, row and seat numbers, due to the revised capacity for football, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's lacrosse. The seat map includes two new premium spaces that will be offered in 2024 and beyond. The Sideline Club offers pre-game field access, private access to the Kuhn Gameday Lounge presented by Hidden Level, and a new premium seat tied to Club 44 for both football and men's basketball. Both areas include padded orange chairbacks and all-inclusive food and enhanced beverage options. The latest phase of renovations also includes the construction of Miron Victory Court, a pedestrian plaza physically connecting the Barnes Center at the Arch to the JMA Wireless Dome.

"We are thrilled to share that the JMA Wireless Dome transformation project is moving ahead on time," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "Renovations to ADA seating and suites already underway and the installation of the chairback seating and new premium seating areas set to be completed this summer. The new seats will improve fan comfort and accessibility. In anticipation of the new seating, we will begin the ticket sales and re-seat process for 2023-24 next month. The process will prioritize fan loyalty and fan experience."

The reseat process will begin with the football season ticket renewal and purchase process on February 1st. Current season ticket holders will receive a message from the 'Cuse Athletics Fund and JMA Dome Box Office with information on how to purchase season tickets and seat selection instructions. As in previous years, fans will have the option to pay in full or elect a payment plan. Both options benefit a ticket holder's Donor Rank. Season tickets for the 2024 football season start at $99.

The 2024 men's and women's basketball season ticket renewal and purchase process will begin on February 20th. Men's basketball season ticket holders will partake in a similar seat selection process as football ticket holders. Ticket holders for football, men's basketball and women's basketball should purchase their season tickets and review their Donor Rank by May 1. Following this deadline, combined parking and seat selection for football and men's basketball will begin on May 21 and July 9, respectively.

Donor Rank includes 'Cuse Athletics Fund annual membership level and priority points and is used to ensure that all benefits are allocated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner. It acknowledges fan investment in Syracuse University Athletics and balances both annual support through the annual membership level and loyalty and longevity through priority points. Donor Rank is used to assign and allocate benefits including parking, new/upgraded season tickets, seat relocation, premium seating, away game tickets, neutral site tickets, postseason tickets, hospitality access and more. All season ticket holders will earn five priority points for every year of season tickets for football and men's basketball for up to 20 years for each sport.

In preparation for the February on-sale dates, season ticket holders are encouraged to review the new pricing and seating maps for 2024. Syracuse Athletics remains committed to offering season ticket holders, community members and new fans affordable options. In addition to revising the seat maps to accommodate the new chairbacks and renovations throughout the JMA Dome, pricing has been adjusted to reflect the upgraded experience and new inventory. Across the board, pricing for football, men's basketball and women's basketball remains competitive nationally and within the Atlantic Coast Conference. The $99 season ticket for football and $200 season ticket for men's basketball remain some of the lowest entry ticket levels in the ACC and are representative of the commitment to the Syracuse community to offer a family-friendly and accessible option.

Women's basketball season ticket holders will not need to take part in a seat selection process and will be able to confirm their new location as part of the season ticket process in their MyCuse account or over the phone with 'Cuse Athletics Fund Sales and Service representatives.
Timeline
February 1Football season tickets on sale for current and prospective season ticket holders
February 20Men's and women's basketball season tickets on sale for current and prospective season ticket holders
April 1Student Pass on sale (four year and one year)
May 1Donor Rank Lock Date and priority season ticket deadline for football, and men's and women's basketball
May 13Football parking and seat selection timeslots sent to season ticket holders
May 21-July 1Football parking and seat selection process
July 1Men's basketball parking and seat selection timeslots sent to season ticket holders
July 9 – August 1Men's basketball parking and seat selection process
August 6Men's and women's lacrosse season tickets on sale

Beginning with the 2024 football season, the student section will relocate from sections 102-108 and 304-307 to a new location in the east endzone, sections 119-127 and 325-330, increasing capacity significantly to the largest in JMA Dome modern history with 5,541 seats. This change is only for football; the Otto's Army student section will remain in the same location for men's basketball, women's basketball, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse. The new location will provide students with easier access to seating and amenities due to its proximity to the student entrance at Gate F and the new Miron Victory Court. The Syracuse University Marching Band will also relocate to the east endzone.

In September 2020, the first phase of renovations to the JMA were completed. The $118 million transformation of the Dome, funded entirely by the University and private philanthropy, included a new fixed roof, the largest vertically hung scoreboard in college sports, the installation of air conditioning and state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems.

FOOTBALL - Syracuse Dome Seating Project.jpeg

More than doubled my seat prices

Last edited:
so 129 goes from $760 to over a grand? That is where my friend's seats are.

Isn't this seating issue going to be moreso for basketball anyway. Feels like for football you'll probably get a fairly equivalent location.

Also...the program is on the up-and-up with Fran Brown.
Not when they move the student section to the STH side

The students used to cram more people in to the lower sections than there were actual seats. If they sat one per seat, the upper corner would have been used more.

Super annoyed that they are moving the student section to my area. Why flip The side they are on?

The new location will provide students with easier access to seating and amenities due to its proximity to the student entrance at Gate F and the new Miron Victory Court. The Syracuse University Marching Band will also relocate to the east endzone.

Sections have slightly moved, but priced has increased reasonably. Now, I hope I can get my seats where they are now.

If I can stay in section 117, my cost increases about $150 for two seats. I can live with that. By moving the student section, SU picks up some prime sideline seating. I also like the newer price ranges in the upper sections of the dome. It gives fans several options in price.

I think Per seat - I'm guessing what they paid last year but think it was around $750 for 2. I'll have to ask him.

Ahhhh, now I follow. Thought I was reading it wrong and could not figure out why. Makes more sense you were talking for 2 tickets.

Ahhhh, now I follow. Thought I was reading it wrong and could not figure out why. Makes more sense you were talking for 2 tickets.
My fault I explained poorly - total increase for 2 will be $400.

My 4 seats with seatbacks last year in 316 were $695 and are now $1400. So more than doubled. Take into account the $200 I paid for seatbacks and it actually tripled for many in my section.