2024 Seating Changes | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Daily orange had an article that an average of 10% stay in Syracuse and about 30,000 are in Syracuse.

That’s more than I would’ve guessed, but I bet this spans a very wide range of ages too (my grandparents for example are alums but were not going to games in old age).

That’s more than I would’ve guessed, but I bet this spans a very wide range of ages too (my grandparents for example are alums but were not going to games in old age).
And of those 30K who have stayed in Syracuse, I would wager that at least 25K grew up in the area and decided to attend SU. It's a very tough area for recent college grads to make a decent wage/career unless you have connections.

The city should put more focus on all of the kids that grew up in the area and go off to SUNY schools. Many of those kids would love to stay in the area near family and have a career but it's difficult in this area. It goes back to the fact that it's not a great market for recent college grads when you compare it to Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, NYC, DC, Boston, etc.

And of those 30K who have stayed in Syracuse, I would wager that at least 25K grew up in the area and decided to attend SU. It's a very tough area for recent college grads to make a decent wage/career unless you have connections.

The city should put more focus on all of the kids that grew up in the area and go off to SUNY schools. Many of those kids would love to stay in the area near family and have a career but it's difficult in this area. It goes back to the fact that it's not a great market for recent college grads when you compare it to Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, NYC, DC, Boston, etc.
It obviously depends on career path. If you’re an engineer you can get a job here tomorrow.

The city/county/colleges have been working for years on trying to keep talent in the area. Based on companies in CNY and those coming, in my opinion our population and young talent will continue to grow.

CNY is and will continue to become a top spot for people to live. Fresh water, utilities, weather, limited natural disasters, lots of focus on land in our area right now.

It obviously depends on career path. If you’re an engineer you can get a job here tomorrow.

The city/county/colleges have been working for years on trying to keep talent in the area. Based on companies in CNY and those coming, in my opinion our population and young talent will continue to grow.

CNY is and will continue to become a top spot for people to live. Fresh water, utilities, weather, limited natural disasters, lots of focus on land in our area right now.
If Micron really happens other big companies will come. We have something that is eventually going to be the most important thing in the world.
An abundance of fresh water.

I noticed that the improve you donor ranking by donating now works.

Has anyone gotten any feed back on when they will fix the priority pts rankings?

It would be useful to know where you actually stand inside your own ranking before deciding if moving up a level is worth the effort.

A fellow former section 328 friend told me that instead of his usual 5 seats in that section, he's looking to drop down to the 200 level and buy only two seats. Are the 200 level seats in that endzone being taken up by the students as well?

Being under the 300 level students, especially if we have more late afternoon/night games, could be dangerous. Might want to wear a bucket on your head to catch the vomit from the sky.

Has anyone gotten any feed back on when they will fix the priority pts rankings?

It would be useful to know where you actually stand inside your own ranking before deciding if moving up a level is worth the effort.

My donations and priory point ranking works and has except for a week a couple months ago. Everybody I know say theirs works too.

My donations and priory point ranking works and has except for a week a couple months ago. Everybody I know say theirs works too.
So do you have priority pts for every year up to 20 that you have had tickets?

I have a ranking and have priority points. But those priority points are only related to past giving amounts. Not related to all the years of being a season ticket holder.

Unless there are no priority points for being a long time season ticket holder?

Thats why I have asked because one of the news reports said pts were being given for years as well.

Maybe that is happening or it is not?

from the jan 17th story

All season ticket holders will earn five priority points for every year of season tickets for football and men's basketball for up to 20 years for each sport.

Thats why I have asked because one of the news reports said pts were being given for years as well.

Maybe that is happening or it is not?

from the jan 17th story

All season ticket holders will earn five priority points for every year of season tickets for football and men's basketball for up to 20 years for each sport.

From everything I’ve heard, they will be giving points for longevity

Don’t think they’ve added them to any accounts at this point.

They told me Saturday night you will get five added priority points for every year of being a season ticket holder up to twenty years (100 points). They will be added later in the spring.

From everything I’ve heard, they will be giving points for longevity

Don’t think they’ve added them to any accounts at this point.
thats why I was asking. Until those pts are given people really don't know where they stand within the level of giving they are in. Even within Varsity you can move a thousand spots or more based on the years you have had tickets. Once you know that you can decide if giving more to jump a level is worth it on how bad you want to set in a given location.

I know its all a wild guess since no one really even knows where anyone in their location ranks anyway.

A what if setting would be fun. If I donate X how does my ranking change. But that's the programmer in me, not the project manager who doesn't want more chaos.

But given all that we dont know.. They are expecting people to start paying on tickets feb 1st for a process they dont know how it will work or where they will be ranked.

Maybe some people see a good ranking and decide i will invest in more tickets now that i have first choice, because up until now I couldnt get more seats near mine and now I can. Then they find out they are low in the ranking and dont want more seats in a different section and stay with what they have.

In my location no one has been in my row for many years.. I just get people in the building and they sit with us.. That might not be a thing anymore. Not as easy to do down low either when people used to try and squeeze people in.

But now that has changed, so maybe I buy an extra ticket or 2 so I can have friends sit with us sometimes.
If I thought I was going to get the same or better seats maybe I do something different, if my ranking goes down and I think I will be sitting higher up maybe I dont buy extra seats

Last edited:
So do you have priority pts for every year up to 20 that you have had tickets?

I have priority points for the current year. Priority points for lifetime giving to athletics. Priority points for lifetime giving to the university. And a total of those 3 added together.

I have priority points for the current year. Priority points for lifetime giving to athletics. Priority points for lifetime giving to the university. And a total of those 3 added together.
I have 1 pt. so nothing I have done for 35 yrs is showing up. Even my seat donation money is only 1 yrs worth. Have they been doing that for only 1 yr?

I can click on the years since 2019 and see money but I see no place it says lifetime

I have 1 pt. so nothing I have done for 35 yrs is showing up. Even my seat donation money is only 1 yrs worth. Have they been doing that for only 1 yr?

I can click on the years since 2019 and see money but I see no place it says lifetime

Currently the 3 types of donation I mentioned are based upon donations only not season tix. The STH longevity is a soon to be added bonus. My issue with that tho is the 20 year cap.

Currently the 3 types of donation I mentioned are based upon donations only not season tix. The STH longevity is a soon to be added bonus. My issue with that tho is the 20 year cap.
Thanks Bees. That make sense then.

I have same as you and have had tickets for similar length of time

I have same as you and have had tickets for similar length of time
I have asked them a few times how do we add tickets to the order but no response. Now would be the time to make sure tickets stay together.

Thank you for supporting Syracuse Football as a season ticket holder. Your 2024 football season ticket invoice will be live in your MyCuse Account beginning this Thursday, February 1.

When you log into your account, you will see an invoice that has been generated based on your ticket(s) for the 2023 season. Your new balance due for 2024 is calculated using the same quantity of season tickets from 2023 and your 2023 seat location's price level.

Season ticket holders can choose one of the following options:​
  1. Pay for your 2024 season ticket(s) in full with one transaction​
  2. Take advantage of our 8-month payment plan and begin monthly payments​

The deadline to renew your season tickets for the priority ticket deadline is May 1, 2024. Payments made towards your 2024 season ticket(s) will count for your 2024 Donor Rank.

After the priority deadline and Donor Rank lock date on May 1, season ticket holders will receive a personalized timeslot on May 13th to participate in the football seat and parking online selection process. All season ticket holders will need to participate in this process from May 21 - July 1 during their assigned date and time to finalize their new season tickets for 2024. The priority order to select new 2024 seats and parking will be based on 'CAF Donor Rank, which is calculated using annual giving from October 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024 and lifetime support to Syracuse Athletics through priority points.

During seat and parking online selection, you will be able to confirm your new seat location and price level. Though your renewal invoice is based on your location price level from 2023, your price level may change based on your seat selection for 2024.

If you have already placed a 2024 season ticket deposit, you will see this payment reflected on your season ticket invoice.

There is no doubting the enormous impact the JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project and the installation of chairback seating is having on Syracuse Athletics, the five teams that call this building home, and our loyal fans--like you.

With this in mind, we have created a 2024 Reseating Seat Selection Guide to help answer your questions about the reseat, Donor Rank, how to renew and more. We encourage you to review this resource and reach out to our 'CAF Sales & Service team if you have any questions.​

New email links to this document explaining the points and more.

Biggest takeaway, Club Seats come with 4 free alcoholic drinks each game per seat.

I really wish they had made the club seats the last 8 rows and not the first 8 rows. Or all 19 rows, but I am guessing that there wasn't enough demand for that. I bet if the Dome wasn't used for BBall too they would have used all 19 rows and not added the 11 Club 44 seats.

Biggest takeaway, Club Seats come with 4 free alcoholic drinks each game per seat.

I really wish they had made the club seats the last 8 rows and not the first 8 rows. Or all 19 rows, but I am guessing that there wasn't enough demand for that. I bet if the Dome wasn't used for BBall too they would have used all 19 rows and not added the 11 Club 44 seats.
Agree. All 19 rows would have made sense. I think it may have to do with both demand but also capacity of the small lounge space. I don’t get how it’s convenient to get from say the first row of that area to that lounge area for football. Seems rather inconvenient.