2024 Seating Changes | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Remember you get twenty years of credit for both sports if you have season tickets for basketball and football. Potentially 200 points.

Why is 20 years the max? Such an arbitrary number. My rep told me that he can see where my account was opened in 1995. So I’m sure they can tell when other accounts were opened?
I believe their were issues with the database.

Do you want SU to go through heroic efforts to go back 30 or 40 years and it will invariably still won't be right?

There is a point of diminishing returns.

4 weeks out and nothing has changed. I know some think its no big deal. But my take, is each of us has some standing inside the donor level. Once they apply the donor priority pts you will move all over in that level.

just an example you could be donor 3500 in the varsity level based on money, and when priority pts get applied, and if you are a long time bball/fball person, you could move, with no money donations, 1-3500 spots.

Yeah its fluid but once pts are applied you will not really move inside your donor level.

Some people will see the move and depending on the level take a 2nd jump by donating money, some will see the need, some wont.

But given that money donations have not shown up for months in many cases, people don't really know what to do.

its possible some people could move upwards of 4K when priority pts get applied and they wanted to donate a small amount of money. At the higher levels pts will move and much more money is needed to change the donor level. At the bottom 4 levels it doesn't take much to see huge results

It would be interesting to know how many people are FB/BBall/Or both as well. Since we are in the dark, you could donate money for almost no value at all.

If 3500 are at the varsity level and 25 of them are fball, getting a ton of priority pt bonus may move you to 2000 spots but only 25 in the fball lottery. This is an exaggeration but still, it may make more sense to donate money to move a level not knowing that the spot in your level doesn't do much for you.

This is a clear case where knowing your true ranking really matters.

Is it even clear what the donor ranking means does #3000 of 30673 mean 2999 are ahead of you or 27000 are ahead of you?

The last I heard they were doing manual entries for the longevity priority points and this should be completed no later than April 15th.

This in reality will be no fun for SU staff of longtime ticket holders. I like everything they have done in the dome, downsizing seating included.
How about adding two free draft beers for each home game for season ticket holders of 10 years plus

Why is 20 years the max? Such an arbitrary number. My rep told me that he can see where my account was opened in 1995. So I’m sure they can tell when other accounts were opened?
that was my question. got weird answer of "we don't have data" and "we had to cut it off somewhere" to which I said why would you cut off my loyalty to the program over the long term. No good answers and I wasnt going to get them either.

Had a couple more conversations today and was told the same thing that we should see some updated rankings around 2 weeks from now.

Seems like the late renewals are the concern for them in providing real updates.

As usual I don't follow that logic. The majority of people renewing will stay within their donor level so that would mean priority pts will really move the rankings. If anything, people not renewing will move more people up than others renewing will move people down. Sure some number will move across a donor level but not a huge number.

Those in the cheaper end seats renewing won't mean a thing. Those in the middling seats it would take 5+ seats to move to a new level. Even those in the lower bowl with 3-4 seats wont all change levels by renewing. Most likely some between the 10s could move around some.

But I never got a clear answer, will the renewing add to your current donation level or just re confirm it?

I mean if you have 2 level Bs you have a donation level from last year of $650. Would renewing add another $650 or just mean you stay at the current donation level of $650. That will really decide if people are changing levels more than anything without donating on top of things.

Had a couple more conversations today and was told the same thing that we should see some updated rankings around 2 weeks from now.

Seems like the late renewals are the concern for them in providing real updates.

As usual I don't follow that logic. The majority of people renewing will stay within their donor level so that would mean priority pts will really move the rankings. If anything, people not renewing will move more people up than others renewing will move people down. Sure some number will move across a donor level but not a huge number.

Those in the cheaper end seats renewing won't mean a thing. Those in the middling seats it would take 5+ seats to move to a new level. Even those in the lower bowl with 3-4 seats wont all change levels by renewing. Most likely some between the 10s could move around some.

But I never got a clear answer, will the renewing add to your current donation level or just re confirm it?

I mean if you have 2 level Bs you have a donation level from last year of $650. Would renewing add another $650 or just mean you stay at the current donation level of $650. That will really decide if people are changing levels more than anything without donating on top of things.

My man, look at the dates from when they are counting the $$$ you donate for this year.

You’re really overthinking this thing and 99% of the answers are available or have been said on here……

I’m not even stressing it anymore. I know which section we want to move to, will renew sometime this week and let the chips fall where they may.

Admittedly though I do think ST will be harder to come by in the next couple years as I suspect the team is about to go off like a rocket ship.

I’m not even stressing it anymore. I know which section we want to move to, will renew sometime this week and let the chips fall where they may.

Admittedly though I do think ST will be harder to come by in the next couple years as I suspect the team is about to go off like a rocket ship.

Yup and I’ll be thankful that I have seasons and a new spot by then

Yup, this was the exact conversation my wife and I had that tipped the scales in favor of an upgrade this year instead of waiting.

The upgrade may not be available in future years AFTER everyone sees the results, so we are front running a bit.

In some talks today it became clear that the donor page is not really a reflection of current status at all. That would explain why people who have donated money are not seeing it on the page. It also clears up the fact that any ticket renewals will not show up on the page and will not be added to the amounts on the page. It is purely a ranking of where you stood last year and across previous years even when it says 23-24 at the top.

At this point anyone who has not renewed is at zero unless they donated extra funds, and even that is not on the page yet. Many people are being ranked at the 1-2-3 pts of how many sports they support as a STH and that is why so many have the exact same donor ranking within the level.

The concern now is that some long time fball people with good seats are going to jumped by almost everyone with bball tickets and even the cheapest fball tickets if they don't support both teams

A part of me gets the reward value of supporting both teams but also if I was a 20 yr FB STH and someone with 1 yr of FB and 1 yr of BB and 20 of Lax took my seats I might not be all that happy about it.

Additionally, my account does not reflect the fact I have had tickets for 35 yrs, not even the 20 yrs for the priority pts.

the amount of new renewals does indeed point to it harder to get tickets going forward though. Just guessing but with the removal of seats and new STH additions we are going from like 30% empty to 20% or less pretty fast. The avg 15-20K of empty seats might be on avg 5-10K and that will also drive more interest just to get in the building

Another over thinking question.

If we sell about 15K of BBALL and 20K of FBALL Seasons as a guess. and however many Lax and WBB seasons

And we only have 10K of CAF members do we really have a huge number that own both?

If you own both you almost have to have $500 of giving but we only have 3500 at that level.

If you say everyone buys 4 tickets that makes it 3500 and 4000

It does make you wonder how many do have both . If its 50% that seems really high and so does a huge number having 4 tickets.

I was just working the math to see how many people would be in the fball buying process of the 10K that are possible? Of the 3500 at Captain more will be bball than fball for sure but how many have both?

I am thinking 2000 might be in that pool buying fball tickets Captain level or higher? Probably less.

So have people here seen their added donations bump their listed rankings yet?

negative
Yeah so I have been waiting to see some confirmations about that before I pull the trigger. My rep didn't respond to my question directly on that either. If donations before May 1st don't move the needle on rankings, then there is no incentive to further donate.

Yeah so I have been waiting to see some confirmations about that before I pull the trigger. My rep didn't respond to my question directly on that either. If donations before May 1st don't move the needle on rankings, then there is no incentive to further donate.
if you want to see the bump go to the donor page and click to donate again and then at the top when you are logged in you will see your amount in real time