2024 Seating Changes | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Yeah, they pulled the donations from Sunday night so nothing after that is included. I held back a donation just to see the numbers Monday to try and see how much my jump would be when it gets a final tally. Just wanted to get a better idea if it helped or not.

Well I made my donation well before that and it’s still not showing

I also know others who did the same and there’s isn’t showing either

Called today and added 9 seats to my original three with no issue. Paid in full over the phone with my card on file. Was told that I will be getting full donor points (or whatever they're called) for the additionals that I bought today. Getting displaced with the student section moving but fingers crossed I can get my group the same spot on the opposite side of the dome. Looking forward to excitement for the season instead of anxiety being the group leader. Lol.

The flip from lower endzone to lower endzone shouldn't be too bad. The upperdeck endzone swap is going to be much worse.

The flip from lower endzone to lower endzone shouldn't be too bad. The upperdeck endzone swap is going to be much worse.
Not great for me, if that holds true. Would really suck.

Well I made my donation well before that and it’s still not showing

I also know others who did the same and there’s isn’t showing either
Does it show up if you click the make a gift button again? If so then it's at least in the proper place in the system.

I was a STH from 2019 to 2021.

Also just re-upped.

I was told the precious years will give me points.

Priority Points

• 1 point for every $100 in current use annual giving to any Athletics Fund*
  • 1 point for every $1,000 of lifetime giving to any Athletics Fund*
  • 1 point for every $5,000 of lifetime giving to the University.
  • 2024 Season Ticket Holder Bonus for Longevity
    1. One-time season ticket holder loyalty bonus recognizing years of being a season ticket holder. 5 points per year, up to 20 years (100 points max). Ticket holders with season tickets for multiple sports, will receive a bonus for each sport.

It looks like we get 1 pt for every $1000 we've donated to any Athletics fund in our lifetime. This lines up with my priority points now that I dug into it a little bit more.

Called today and added 9 seats to my original three with no issue. Paid in full over the phone with my card on file. Was told that I will be getting full donor points (or whatever they're called) for the additionals that I bought today. Getting displaced with the student section moving but fingers crossed I can get my group the same spot on the opposite side of the dome. Looking forward to excitement for the season instead of anxiety being the group leader. Lol.
Where were you prior, section and row?

What is weird? Your priority points are based solely on your activity. Your donor rank is dependent on thousands of others. If more people moved ahead of you (due to executing their renewals or making donations) than the value of your additional points that’s what should happen. In fact, for those who had already renewed I assume it’s very common.
I think I should be entitled to bonus priority point based on my number (1444 now)I slipped again but I’m not even upset.

I think I should be entitled to bonus priority point based on my number (1444 now)I slipped again but I’m not even upset.
Like my high school graduation class number, I’ll be in the upper half of the bottom third again in my group.

Priority Points

• 1 point for every $100 in current use annual giving to any Athletics Fund*
  • 1 point for every $1,000 of lifetime giving to any Athletics Fund*
  • 1 point for every $5,000 of lifetime giving to the University.
  • 2024 Season Ticket Holder Bonus for Longevity
    1. One-time season ticket holder loyalty bonus recognizing years of being a season ticket holder. 5 points per year, up to 20 years (100 points max). Ticket holders with season tickets for multiple sports, will receive a bonus for each sport.

It looks like we get 1 pt for every $1000 we've donated to any Athletics fund in our lifetime. This lines up with my priority points now that I dug into it a little bit more.

Yup, with my re-up, plus $12 extra. I hit the Varsity Level with $100 donated. That's 1 pt for current use.

I then calc'd my total and that put me just above $1000. So another 1 pt.

Not sure if 2020 counts (since they did the rollover into 2021..) but minimum 2 year STH, 10 pts. Max 3 years. 15 pts.

So I'm looking at 12 to 17 pts in Varisty Level.

By the way they just updated the donor rankings again this morning about 10 min ago with new numbers.

Only a small number of people left who have not completed the process, but this is more accurate of things through Sunday night.
ya, I crept up a little bit with most current update.

me too and the charge is still pending on my credit card
Mine is from over 2 weeks ago. I have a receipt and thank you from them and it is listed in my donations to athletics. And every hour my number changes to be worse. So how is it that they must be reflecting donations and seats etc for others, but can't get mine in. I have spoken several times to my ticket rep and to someone named Troy who is the head person as my rep had been out for a while.

Mine is from over 2 weeks ago. I have a receipt and thank you from them and it is listed in my donations to athletics. And every hour my number changes to be worse. So how is it that they must be reflecting donations and seats etc for others, but can't get mine in. I have spoken several times to my ticket rep and to someone named Troy who is the head person as my rep had been out for a while.
Yesterday was showing my updated numbers. Now, when I log in, it shows as of 1/25/2024, so nothing updated for this year. What!!! Am I suddenly doing something wrong.

May I ask a sincere question? What is all of the obsession in this thread about?

Do you think that you’re going to see your seating location become dramatically worse with the new configuration?

I’m not judging, I just don’t understand all the talk about points and levels and what not. Like, what is everyone hoping the outcome to be with all of that?

Still isn’t showing any additional donations made…which can change things BIG time

For example, I’m still shown at my old level even tho I donated extra to bump up…
same

May I ask a sincere question? What is all of the obsession in this thread about?

Do you think that you’re going to see your seating location become dramatically worse with the new configuration?

I’m not judging, I just don’t understand all the talk about points and levels and what not. Like, what is everyone hoping the outcome to be with all of that?
depending on where you were sitting it can be a huge difference.

If you randomly placed in a section, no big deal you may move up or down a few rows.

But if you were at the 50 upperdeck front row that could be completely gone.

if you had aisle seats you may need to move sections to get one at the row you were in.

If you were in the upperdeck endzone seats you may have to move 10-20 rows now to stay there

if you had your seats 10-15 yrs you got what you could. This is the one time to improve your seats perhaps for another 10-15 yrs.

And for bigger groups it may the time to move your group that never would have happened before. You dont find a ton of 5-10 seats groupings to jump into.

Ummm….it’s how the system is changing this year. It’s not an obsession. It’s an informed user manage what you have in front of you situation. If you miss(Ed) the deadline it could have a huge impact.
And for some of us we are impacted directly by the seat reconfigurations and student section move. We have no assurance of our seats unless we are on a very limited window of opportunity.

Well I think firstly people want to get credit for what they have paid to SU over the years and if they paid extra to have a better rank. SU's not exactly known for getting things right the first time and people are right to question if what they are being told is correct.

I also assume most want to keep the same seats they have now. For some like JRheeter thats not possible as those seats are gone with the re-design to the new student section but I think most like where they sit currently and want those same seats or whatever would be close to what they had before with the changes. Also its not always about dramatically worse it can be something versus subtle, maybe you get the seats you want but 2 others in your group didn't or you really prefer the aisle in the section you want.

I think most people will end up happy with what's available but it's also not wrong to be concerned as it only takes one person with a higher priority to decide at the last second they want to switch up their seats and a domino effect can start. SU has a lot of older season ticket holders who still don't fully grasp this re-seating and are going to be less then thrilled when they realize the prior seat they had isn't available when they pick.

Well I think firstly people want to get credit for what they have paid to SU over the years and if they paid extra to have a better rank. SU's not exactly known for getting things right the first time and people are right to question if what they are being told is correct.

I also assume most want to keep the same seats they have now. For some like JRheeter thats not possible as those seats are gone with the re-design to the new student section but I think most like where they sit currently and want those same seats or whatever would be close to what they had before with the changes. Also its not always about dramatically worse it can be something versus subtle, maybe you get the seats you want but 2 others in your group didn't or you really prefer the aisle in the section you want.

I think most people will end up happy with what's available but it's also not wrong to be concerned as it only takes one person with a higher priority to decide at the last second they want to switch up their seats and a domino effect can start. SU has a lot of older season ticket holders who still don't fully grasp this re-seating and are going to be less then thrilled when they realize the prior seat they had isn't available when they pick.

The domino effect is real and could be way worse than anyone expects in my opinion

Especially with the student section moving because all of those people sitting in those sections are hunting for new spots and they aren’t necessarily going to automatically go to where the students were before

Once they take someone’s seats (and they will) that person seats they took will have to take someone else’s and that’s where this whole process could possibly go off the rails.

Not saying that it definitely will but there is certainly a chance this snowballs into a massive issue and you disenfranchise A LOT of season ticket holders.

I’m hopeful that this this will not go this way, but a part of me can’t help but see how this could end up a massive headache for both the university and the fans

Its gonna happen..

Some 10 yr bb/fb guy is gonna want to jump into a seat location they were never able to because some 40 yr FB person owned that seat

And it could be anywhere that this happens.