2024 Seating Changes | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Its gonna happen..

Some 10 yr bb/fb guy is gonna want to jump into a seat location they were never able to because some 40 yr FB person owned that seat

And it could be anywhere that this happens.

100%

And to be fair I don’t think there was anyway for them to avoid it

100%

And to be fair I don’t think there was anyway for them to avoid it
once they glossed over the people with 20+ yrs they were always going to have issues

Im not sure lumping the sports together was the best idea for this.

Because the same guy who steals the FB tickets can turn around now and take the BB tickets as well.

The reward for both sports is even more if you had other sports wasnt it?

You could also be like a 20 yr BB and 1 yr and jump a 40 yr FB STH.

I'm not really sure why supporting the team a bit more should be the reward for totally changing seats this way.

Maybe they should have let people stay in their sections and used the pts for dibs in that section? I dont know what the best answer was

The domino effect is real and could be way worse than anyone expects in my opinion

Especially with the student section moving because all of those people sitting in those sections are hunting for new spots and they aren’t necessarily going to automatically go to where the students were before

Once they take someone’s seats (and they will) that person seats they took will have to take someone else’s and that’s where this whole process could possibly go off the rails.

Not saying that it definitely will but there is certainly a chance this snowballs into a massive issue and you disenfranchise A LOT of season ticket holders.

I’m hopeful that this this will not go this way, but a part of me can’t help but see how this could end up a massive headache for both the university and the fans
Exactly.

The domino effect is real and could be way worse than anyone expects in my opinion

Especially with the student section moving because all of those people sitting in those sections are hunting for new spots and they aren’t necessarily going to automatically go to where the students were before

Once they take someone’s seats (and they will) that person seats they took will have to take someone else’s and that’s where this whole process could possibly go off the rails.

Not saying that it definitely will but there is certainly a chance this snowballs into a massive issue and you disenfranchise A LOT of season ticket holders.

I’m hopeful that this this will not go this way, but a part of me can’t help but see how this could end up a massive headache for both the university and the fans
I will hold you personally responsible

Its gonna happen..

Some 10 yr bb/fb guy is gonna want to jump into a seat location they were never able to because some 40 yr FB person owned that seat

And it could be anywhere that this happens.
^^This^^

once they glossed over the people with 20+ yrs they were always going to have issues

Im not sure lumping the sports together was the best idea for this.

Because the same guy who steals the FB tickets can turn around now and take the BB tickets as well.

The reward for both sports is even more if you had other sports wasnt it?

You could also be like a 20 yr BB and 1 yr and jump a 40 yr FB STH.

I'm not really sure why supporting the team a bit more should be the reward for totally changing seats this way.

Maybe they should have let people stay in their sections and used the pts for dibs in that section? I dont know what the best answer was

Reseating would be hard for an NFL team. Reseating would be hard for an NBA team. SU is trying to do both with a fraction of the resources of a professional team. It is an impossible task made harder by this decision.

It would have made a lot more sense to keep people in their current sections, and current number of seats. That is easier for SU to deal with and a lot more fair to the fans.

So A level home sideline people (this area was expanded) can only pick A level home sideline in the order of giving level and priority points. One might end up with different seats but they have the same section as before and are not having outsiders come in nor being able to go steal seats in other sections. And so on.

Personally the section I was in prior is likely my current 3rd choice of sections when it comes time for me to choose. How is that fair to people who were in the section I am going to invade? On top of that I am likely going to take 8 of those seats.

It would have made a lot more sense to keep people in their current sections, and current number of seats. That is easier for SU to deal with and a lot more fair to the fans.

So A level home sideline people (this area was expanded) can only pick A level home sideline in the order of giving level and priority points. One might end up with different seats but they have the same section as before and are not having outsiders come in nor being able to go steal seats in other sections. And so on.

Personally the section I was in prior is likely my current 3rd choice of sections when it comes time for me to choose. How is that fair to people who were in the section I am going to invade? On top of that I am likely going to take 8 of those seats.

And not only are they doing it for football, they have to do it for basketball too

Easiest thing for SU to do would have been to use the legacy Priority Points system with a Donor Rank page that was updating nightly and called it a day. They chose to be responsive to input and modified the process at least six times based on response from fans and unfortunately did not have the resources or technology infrastructure to effectively execute those changes so they chose to freeze the donor rank page while intensive manual adjustments were made.
Donor Rank has locked, the system and process are in stone and it’s past time to stop rehashing the same potential negative scenarios ad nauseum, table the angst and let the process play out. No matter how much we express our anxiety, nothing more is changing. My expectation is that the vast majority of us will end up in the seats we want, or seats that are very comparable. If I am wrong feel free to come back and complain, but until then I suggest we keep this thread productive and post any verified, not necessarily widely known information that helps fans through the next steps.

End of my rant. Now fire away!

I'm being thanked for my donation I made back on April 23.

How special.

We thank you for your gift to Syracuse University that was received on 05/01/2024 and per your request was designated as follows:

Athletics Opportunity Fund - $XXXXXX

Next week I expect to receive an email thanking me for paying my tuition ... back in the 80's.

I'm being thanked for my donation I made back on April 23.

How special.

We thank you for your gift to Syracuse University that was received on 05/01/2024 and per your request was designated as follows:

Athletics Opportunity Fund - $XXXXXX

Next week I expect to receive an email thanking me for paying my tuition ... back in the 80's.

I got the same thing this morning from the sudonor email. But already had a receipt from the ticket email back on April 23 when I made the donation.

To be safe, I'm going to go ahead and deduct both on my taxes.

"Big guys beat up little guys"

donor rank crept up a little more this morning, but still over a 3000 improvement from where I started prior to my renewal and donation.

May I ask a sincere question? What is all of the obsession in this thread about?

Do you think that you’re going to see your seating location become dramatically worse with the new configuration?

I’m not judging, I just don’t understand all the talk about points and levels and what not. Like, what is everyone hoping the outcome to be with all of that?

My group (now 8) has become spoiled. We only go to 1, maybe 2 games per year, give away the rest. But for that 1 game we have aisle seats in the front row of the upper deck and the convenience as (ahem) late 40s/early 50 year olds is totally worth it. All for a mere $150 per year per ticket.

We all agreed to put in more money just to bump up a tier and try to ensure we can keep that same convenience.

It really doesn't make much sense, but it's still such a cheap ticket to watch FBS P5 football. Can get a beer and/or pee trough break during a TV timeout and not miss a play. Of course, the multitude of 7 minute TV timeouts helps too.

donor rank crept up a little more this morning, but still over a 3000 improvement from where I started prior to my renewal and donation.
Mine has actually gone down in priority group 7... I was at 1700ish, now i'm in the 2200's and it keeps changing since April 26th, while my donations were actually $1044... but they list it as only $800 since then. They do need better IT resources for this and improve this Information System overall, but it is most likely a Ticketmaster back end thing. Either way I'm sure I'll get my seats. Maybe a bit better than before since they expanded my tier area.

Mine has actually gone down in priority group 7... I was at 1700ish, now i'm in the 2200's and it keeps changing since April 26th, while my donations were actually $1044... but they list it as only $800 since then. They do need better IT resources for this and improve this Information System overall, but it is most likely a Ticketmaster back end thing. Either way I'm sure I'll get my seats. Maybe a bit better than before since they expanded my tier area.
isnt 1700 to 2200 up? A bigger number is worse (I think). I think you are getting worse. we have similar ranks.

Just ahead of you in everything above. 2128 level 7, made a donation to get to $1,119 and level 6, so I will still eek you out, lol. My ticket rep told me the final update will take place on May 8. He confirmed again the $1,119 donations.

Just ahead of you in everything above. 2128 level 7, made a donation to get to $1,119 and level 6, so I will still eek you out, lol. My ticket rep told me the final update will take place on May 8. He confirmed again the $1,119 donations.
i may be very late to the game but where is it that I can find my donor rank?

same website you use to download your mobile tickets, go to 'Cuse Atheletics Fund, then MyDonorRank

Yes, that is the same for me. I should be level 6... They do need to be more clear on their communications. They said it would be updated end of May 1st/by etc. But I just keep seeing my donor rank drop and nothing else updated... Oh well. Not to concerned about it now.

Hit the button that says "donate" and It comes up there in tiny little numbers near the top. You don't actually have to make a donation. And then there is a drop down box that itemizes your donations.

Yep! I just got another receipt for something in April, but says received on May 2nd...