2024 Seating Changes | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Since we are all freely using the wifi in the building now that actually know within a few feet where anyone who scanned a ticket is now.

that could lead to some interesting stuff down the road. warnings like hey thats the 5th time you bought a beer..
Discouraging patrons from spending money is a solid strategy.

Since we are all freely using the wifi in the building now that actually know within a few feet where anyone who scanned a ticket is now.

that could lead to some interesting stuff down the road. warnings like hey thats the 5th time you bought a beer..
Do not…. Tell my wife this!

How do cupholders work at other stadiums then? citi field they are not between the seats they hang off to the back. I dont recall a ton of leg room in my seats there either. Probably we have way way less?
From what I read the norm is about 33 inches, However thats measured.. the Dome has maybe 20?

21st century buildings have 21st century space.

How do cupholders work at other stadiums then? citi field they are not between the seats they hang off to the back. I dont recall a ton of leg room in my seats there either. Probably we have way way less?
From what I read the norm is about 33 inches, However thats measured.. the Dome has maybe 20?
Are they built right as a part of the arm rest?

plus as Bayside implies - was the stadium built 40 years ago?

The dome was designed in 1979. They did not design it with cup holders in mind. It was not designed with individual seats in mind either. They wanted to fit as many seats as they could in a very limited stadium footprint.

That said, when I have sat at CitiField, my cup holder was built into the arm rest. This was the option Syracuse considered very strongly before eventually rejecting.

Here is what they look like at CitiField. I believe they have multiple types of seats there, like we will soon have.

1714938749381.jpeg

The dome was designed in 1979. They did not design it with cup holders in mind. It was not designed with individual seats in mind either. They wanted to fit as many seats as they could in a very limited stadium footprint.

That said, when I have sat at CitiField, my cup holder was built into the arm rest. This was the option Syracuse considered very strongly before eventually rejecting.

Here is what they look like at CitiField. I believe they have multiple types of seats there, like we will soon have.

View attachment 240841
I see that and the fact there is not a ton of leg room with the cup holders. citi field also had these behind the lesser seats.
Untitled.jpg

I have lost count as to how many college football stadiums I have gone to watch SU football and none of them had individual seats.

Penn State was by far the worst with benches that had maybe 15 inches of seating space.

For once we should all be happy that we are able to watch Cuse football in a climate controlled domed stadium with individual seats. Instead in typical CNY fashion people find a reason to complain about the color of the seats, size of the seats, and lack of cup holders.

SU gave up revenue for 7000 seats to make their fans more comfortable. Now it’s time to fill the dome instead of picking apples in September.
those 7K lost seats were maybe used once a season.

It has layers of amazing. You think everything is settled, and then something else comes up. It's like watching a season of 24 back in the day.
WHERE ARE THE CUP HOLDERS! (Jack Bauer interrogation voice)

Discouraging patrons from spending money is a solid strategy.
Yes, upper has a unique ability to foresee things that will never happen.

They aren’t going to use the advanced WiFi capabilities to anger the fans.

That said, I agree they will use the technology and data tracking in a way that helps everyone.

So if upper has bought 10 Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Things at JMA so far this year, there is one of these left in the beverage self serve closest to his seat and we are close to the cutoff point for beer sales, I could see upper getting a text alerting him to this valuable info.

Assuming he had okayed getting these types of alerts.

I just realized my football donor rank dropped 900 spots with the latest update.

Probably won’t get the seats I had last season, but there isn’t a bad seat in the house, somehow I’ll make do.

And I’ll bring my portable beer holder to every game - my hand.

Are they built right as a part of the arm rest?

plus as Bayside implies - was the stadium built 40 years ago?
We shoved a 50K stadium into a 40K stadium footprint back in 1979.

Compromises were made.

We have AC, individual seats, SOA wifi and video boards, and way more concession choices in the last 5 years.

We can survive no cupholders.

Why do you feel the need to start rumors that’s aren’t even close to being true?

Just curious
Joking vs rumor.

now people are gonna start believing anything I say? I am the village idiot here. Well one of many.

We shoved a 50K stadium into a 40K stadium footprint back in 1979.

Compromises were made.

We have AC, individual seats, SOA wifi and video boards, and way more concession choices in the last 5 years.

We can survive no cupholders.
I’ve seen this board in action and we’ve lived well without cup holders for decades. :)

I just realized my football donor rank dropped 900 spots with the latest update.

Probably won’t get the seats I had last season, but there isn’t a bad seat in the house, somehow I’ll make do.

And I’ll bring my portable beer holder to every game - my hand.
Its probably just as important to compare where your number was compared to the 2023 donor page. Then lower your new number by 30% then divide by 4 thats a better idea how many are ahead of you picking seats let alone the area you are in.

I’ve seen this board in action and we’ve lived well without cup holders for decades. :)
I agree. But still can be wishful about them.

The number of coats I saved over the years by bring garbage bags to games. The number of shoes though that came home covered is too high.

I see that and the fact there is not a ton of leg room with the cup holders. citi field also had these behind the lesser seats. View attachment 240842
Citi has different leg room in different sections. The pitch is different too. They’ve gotten better at seat design in stadiums since the Dome was built. Retrofits always present issues.

All true.

Not upset at all that we don't have cup holders.

Wish we had found a way to make it work.

Money/budget also probably an issue here given the time constraints.

Trying to get creative to solve the problem in discussion doesn't hurt. Maybe someone creates a solution. maybe we have an innovative engineer on the board with a 3d printing solution.

Remember it wasn't that long ago when they said no chance we have field turf in the dome.

i saw that dollar hot dog day at citi field then went from 4000 a game to close to 70000. sounds like a way to make money by selling more

Bring back the 24 ounce beer for 4.00 they had when the dome opened. Cup holders be damned !!