2024 Seating Changes | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

That's true, but, as my boss often says...

a210c512-ca39-4453-94df-b266097928a8_text.gif
Animal House references always get a like!

Lol I promise you "pushing TM" is not that easy
hah yup. They're a monopoly for a reason. and the tech stack was built ages ago with little upgrades. As bnoro has pointed out, the main competitor for the college game, Pacolian, isn't great either. I'm a fan of seatgeek for the front end stuff and they do work with pacolian but it's an early partnership that still relies on Pacolian's back end management stuff.

Sadly, a lot of schools are stuck in this same crappy situation because of TM.

I'd imagine it's all hands on deck now to get the seats in as quickly as possible. And yeah, from the first look it's going to look incredible on tv.

What bothered me about that whole approach is making the extra donation to move you up is a zero sum game. The more spots you move up, the more loyal fans you push down. And encouraging that for a one-time donation of a few hundred bucks with no obligation to continue to support at that level runs the risk of alienating a fan who has been supporting the program for a much longer period of time at a much higher aggregate level.
The first rule of Cuse Club should always be to protect the base.
I wonder if it would have been better to reward the people with X years of STH then go to the donor program?

Either way it was going to cause issues.

What bothered me about that whole approach is making the extra donation to move you up is a zero sum game. The more spots you move up, the more loyal fans you push down. And encouraging that for a one-time donation of a few hundred bucks with no obligation to continue to support at that level runs the risk of alienating a fan who has been supporting the program for a much longer period of time at a much higher aggregate level.
The first rule of Cuse Club should always be to protect the base.
This sums it up perfectly for me. I’ve felt this way from the start

I just sent a not nice email. Seriously this is frustrating. I am traveling to visit my son in CA for the weekend, and instead I am dealing with this. I renewed my tickets on DAY ONE...and then I made an additional donation that I had planned to make for a while on April 12. I have verbally had a conversation with my rep about 2 weeks ago, and then again a week ago, and he assures me they have my donation, and it will show up in my account eventually and before the date. Last week he told me no later than May 8.

Please let me know if I have this right. We have a 5 minute window to pick our seats on X date. Once that time spot is over the next person is on the clock, correct?

So...if our current seats have been taken, we have to quickly look over the Dome and pick seats we may not know exactly the setup around it such as obstructions and the like, correct? How are you all attacking this because of all the unknown variables?

Please let me know if I have this right. We have a 5 minute window to pick our seats on X date. Once that time spot is over the next person is on the clock, correct?

So...if our current seats have been taken, we have to quickly look over the Dome and pick seats we may not know exactly the setup around it such as obstructions and the like, correct? How are you all attacking this because of all the unknown variables?
Making sure my rep is on the phone with me at that time ...having a list of my ten favorite locations...my luck the Internet will go out hence the rep on the phone. ..finally cc ready to be deployed

I just sent a not nice email. Seriously this is frustrating. I am traveling to visit my son in CA for the weekend, and instead I am dealing with this. I renewed my tickets on DAY ONE...and then I made an additional donation that I had planned to make for a while on April 12. I have verbally had a conversation with my rep about 2 weeks ago, and then again a week ago, and he assures me they have my donation, and it will show up in my account eventually and before the date. Last week he told me no later than May 8.

To be fair only the emails for time slots are going out on the 13th. They have time to make adjustments between then and the majority of people's time slots. Really only people picking or supposed to be picking the week of the 20th have a need to worry right now.

That being said, a peaky blinders style book maker with a numbers machine, using a printing press, and horse draw mail could have had everyone's numbers out to us by now. That isn't even hyperbole. We supposedly are in the digital age and cannot get an update. And you cannot use "Ticketmaster" as an excuse. They have know for months the limitations and should have had a Plan B. Even if that is an email update.

at this rate they will be up by the end of the month.
They aren’t 10% done if there are only 7 sections complete so I don’t think they wi;l be done by the end of May.

But,props to the work crew.

Looks like my sections for football and basketball are already done!

It's not clear that the 5 min window is for a single group, is it? We would think so, but it could be for 10 groups every 5 min. I asked that question to 2 reps and got no clear answer.

All the more reason why I asked if they were allowing a way for people to go to the game sunday and checkout seats and they said nothing outside the lower bowl would be available. Not such a big deal if you plan on staying in your current section or so. But big deal if people wanted a totally new location.

You could be planning on staying in your section and have it all be gone when your slot opens.

I doubt a huge number of lower bowl people want to swap around too much but it wouldn't surprise me if more in the upperdeck see a chance for seats they never could get and change.

So, my rep sent me my new rank and that I am now level 6. I moved up about 1,000 spots. He assured me that I am being taken care of, and that now the updates are in the hands of the box office. They have all the information I guess as someone said previously on here they are being done manually? If that is true it won't be one sweeping update. I didn't even check mine today, just woke up and saw the email.

All the more reason why I asked if they were allowing a way for people to go to the game sunday and checkout seats and they said nothing outside the lower bowl would be available. Not such a big deal if you plan on staying in your current section or so. But big deal if people wanted a totally new location.

You could be planning on staying in your section and have it all be gone when your slot opens.

I doubt a huge number of lower bowl people want to swap around too much but it wouldn't surprise me if more in the upperdeck see a chance for seats they never could get and change.

Except you’re forgetting a large section of the lower bowl is getting displaced due to the student section moving

So there’s likely more movement downstairs than you will expect

I spoke with my rep a few days ago and my donations are seen on their side, but not online...in case anyone else is in the same situation.