2024 Spring Practice | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Exactly.

Dino's first practices were REVOLUTIONARY.

And now so are Fran's.

Which is great, I'm glad people are excited.

I loved everything Dino did when he started.

Then I started to watch that interview with Arizona, made it about 15 seconds and thought great person, but I just can't.

New always feels better this time of year.

definitely fit that category. But not ridiculously so, nor an "emotional" take, rather it's an objective dispassionate analysis of what I see.

I mean lets enjoy the ride, but be realistic too. If Fran is expecting this place to be Georgia, at least $ wise/NIL $ etc., he's in for a reality slap. All the more important to maximize the chances for success by doing everything else right. The discussion here is a part of that and of controlling the controllables to maximize ones chance for success, that's the overall take really I have of it all. But you're right, I do love it, am excited but not giddy to forget reality.
I’m sorry but what exactly is a “ reality slap?” This is the time to be overly enthusiastic. Why would you want to temper that? It’s the enthusiasm that infiltrates a fan base to invest in our program to keep it relevant. We don’t know what “reality” is yet so why turn that word into a negative?

Exactly.

And now so are Fran's.

The reviews of the Babers era on this board are interesting, I learned Dino and his staff let the players play video games and eat ice cream instead of practice and work out. I am shocked we won a single game the last 7 years after all I have heard, but like you I would rather have the board going full out optimistic then the alternative.

These type posts and reactions are always indicative to me of someone who hasn't been there to know. So yes it IS symbolic, part of only with the other things mentioned sure, and I say this mostly kidding, but We know what side of the upbringing fence you had...;):)
I have no idea what you're trying to insinuate here.

But I'm pretty sure when this board first found out about Dino playing Smooth it was met with universal enthusiasm.

Funny how things change.

I’m sorry but what exactly is a “ reality slap?” This is the time to be overly enthusiastic. Why would you want to temper that? It’s the enthusiasm that infiltrates a fan base to invest in our program to keep it relevant. We don’t know what “reality” is yet so why turn that word into a negative?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, or lack there of. Taking a guess you didn't read my "overly optimistic/emotional" post above. Oy ve, can't win on here....

Last edited:
Yeah for some reason it came off as really phony to me
After some comments in other threads about Dino's lack of football knowledge, now I wonder if him playing coy is just a cover up. He doesn't want to show his lack of knowledge in person or for the media to start picking holes in.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're trying to insinuate here.

But I'm pretty sure when this board first found out about Dino playing Smooth it was met with universal enthusiasm.

Funny how things change.
Maybe I read him wrong, but my first take is that the OP is insinuating, even with the "mostly kidding" caveat, that you were likely brought up in a "coddling" household where "discipline and accountability [were not] strongly emphasized."

Apparently, the OP's point about the playing of music at practice being symbolic of coddling players wasn't enough.

Maybe I read him wrong, but my first take is that the OP is insinuating, even with the "mostly kidding" caveat, that you were likely brought up in a "coddling" household where "discipline and accountability [were not] strongly emphasized."

Apparently, the OP's point about the playing of music at practice being symbolic of coddling players wasn't enough.
Also how I read it.

And it's hilarious as I was raised in a strict discipline/accountability household growing up. I just realized what was reasonable by my parents, and what I would do differently.

The only thing wrong with it, was it was Dino’s thing. And a lot of people want to distance themselves as far from Dino’s era as possible
Constant replaying same songs gets annoying after awhile

There is evidence (not just faith) that some of our past weaknesses are being corrected (lack of strength, size, speed, discipline). So yeah, I'm excited. Now, there are other weaknesses that we will have to wait until Fall to see if they were addressed (poor o-line, receivers who can't get open or catch, dumb penalties). But, with what I am seeing so far from this staff, I am confident they will address these.

There is evidence (not just faith) that some of our past weaknesses are being corrected (lack of strength, size, speed, discipline). So yeah, I'm excited. Now, there are other weaknesses that we will have to wait until Fall to see if they were addressed (poor o-line, receivers who can't get open or catch, dumb penalties). But, with what I am seeing so far from this staff, I am confident they will address these.

I think the power/speed run game is going to help big time. More time for play action, hopefully less procedure issues and less thinking than pass protection. Amazing how open the guys were vs Wake when that run game was humming, even bad armed Shrader could make throws to very open receivers.

IMG_5126.gif

Didn’t see anyone mention this but maybe I’ve missed and apologize

1) any recruits on campus that looked the part
2) was media at the entire practice or just given the dreaded 20min early segment
3) spring ball have the same regulation of no pads for a few days?
4) does oline look different?
5) anyone have a picture or video of Diggs movement and size

Thrilled I didn’t have to hear Carlos Santana at practice today. My ears are thrilled. Glad to see such exposure to build excitement
Yeah I get what your saying Bulldog04
carlos santana GIF by Sony Music Perú

Exactly.

And now so are Fran's.

Dino also came in with OITNF mantra. So his practices were revolutionary to us when we hadn’t seen the speed and quickness of the practices.

BUT, quickly saw that shift over the last few years to slow and methodical and boring.

Hopefully Fran doesn’t lose his identity and keep his DART

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom