2024 Spring Practice | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

How about a practice uniform thread? Wouldn't that be fun?
or even better, now that people are invited how about a practice attendance thread. Then every can lament the fact nobody is taking Fran up on his offer to come watch.

What I found interesting in this is it looks a OL with Cruz at LG and the Georgia transfer Miller at LT. Granted it's early days but it caught my eye.
Good eye. There’s also one picture where it appears Enrique is playing LT. Looks like they’re moving the OL all over the place around to try to figure out the best fit.

I like it.

What I found interesting in this is it looks a OL with Cruz at LG and the Georgia transfer Miller at LT. Granted it's early days but it caught my eye.

An earlier interview from Josh Miller, a couple of days ago, he said that he was playing OT. Surprised me a little bit but I’m sure they are rotating. I thought that might kick Enrique Cruz to RT but seeing him at LG is interesting. Nice spot!

Wohlabaugh is out still so it’s possible he disrupts things a bit when he returns but I don’t think he’s all that close at the moment.

Wasn't Miller the Virginia transfer?

Cruz wasn’t that good last season at tackle but he’s a great athlete so maybe guard, with different assignments and where he can use his athleticism to pull is a better fit.
That was my thinking too. Maybe he's better suited at guard.

or even better, now that people are invited how about a practice attendance thread. Then every can lament the fact nobody is taking Fran up on his offer to come watch.
Speak for yourself

Good eye. There’s also one picture where it appears Enrique is playing LT. Looks like they’re moving the OL all over the place around to try to figure out the best fit.

I like it.
springs the time to experiment. Fall needs to be dialed in

I think we need to let Ellis go, guys. I’m not sure why the board latches to certain players who have continuously not proven it.
Yeah I think people need to accept the fact that being the best of a bad group doesn’t make you good necessarily. He’s struggled with bad weight from Day 1 and his upper body hasn’t really changed. Honestly I think you’re talking months and months of work to get his body into a position where he can compete with some of the new guys coming in. And even at that - I don’t know if he’d be in our top 4 OG’s. I think his body just needs a lot more work than that.

Best thing for him might be a redshirt year just to get his body correct.

Yeah I think people need to accept the fact that being the best of a bad group doesn’t make you good necessarily. He’s struggled with bad weight from Day 1 and his upper body hasn’t really changed. Honestly I think you’re talking months and months of work to get his body into a position where he can compete with some of the new guys coming in. And even at that - I don’t know if he’d be in our top 4 OG’s when that settles.

Well, does he HAVE to be in the top 4 OG's, to be worth keeping?

Honestly, with the injury issues we've consistently had with our OL over the years, we could do worse than having a former starter, waiting in the wings in the 3-deep.

I still have nightmares about having Rhino as a starting OL.
(and that's nothing against Mr Elmore, just the horrific lack of depth we had)

IF we can replace him with a better, more mobile dude, then sure -
you want Fran to get as many big, mobile, hostile, talented OL as he can.
But if he can't, or can't right away, then having this dude around is a no-brainer, as long as he's doing the work and doing what the coaches ask of him.

Well, does he HAVE to be in the top 4 OG's, to be worth keeping?

Honestly, with the injury issues we've consistently had with our OL over the years, we could do worse than having a former starter, waiting in the wings in the 3-deep.

I still have nightmares about having Rhino as a starting OL.
(and that's nothing against Mr Elmore, just the horrific lack of depth we had)

IF we can replace him with a better, more mobile dude, then sure -
you want Fran to get as many big, mobile, hostile, talented OL as he can.
But if he can't, or can't right away, then having this dude around is a no-brainer, as long as he's doing the work and doing what the coaches ask of him.
I’m kind of at the point now that he needs significant work body wise to be a consistent contributor (and by that I specifically mean not chronically injured) and you have to ask yourself is the juice worth the squeeze.

Yeah I think people need to accept the fact that being the best of a bad group doesn’t make you good necessarily. He’s struggled with bad weight from Day 1 and his upper body hasn’t really changed. Honestly I think you’re talking months and months of work to get his body into a position where he can compete with some of the new guys coming in. And even at that - I don’t know if he’d be in our top 4 OG’s. I think his body just needs a lot more work than that.

Best thing for him might be a redshirt year just to get his body correct.
I haven’t been looking at the spring practice and winter workouts with 100% vigilance, but I have been checking them pretty closely.

Don’t remember seeing Ellis in many pictures or videos. Not sure if I have seen him once. I am thinking that is probably not a good sign for him.

I know he is still listed at 375 on the roster.

The guy is talented. I hope he finds a way to get healthy and in shape and shows us all what he can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom