2024 Spring Practice | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

I think we need to let Ellis go, guys. I’m not sure why the board latches to certain players who have continuously not proven it.

It's like any relationship. You hold on to the very end hoping the other person changes which allows you to justify all the time, hope and effort you put into that person.

I haven’t been looking at the spring practice and winter workouts with 100% vigilance, but I have been checking them pretty closely.

Don’t remember seeing Ellis in many pictures or videos. Not sure if I have seen him once. I am thinking that is probably not a good sign for him.

I know he is still listed at 375 on the roster.

The guy is talented. I hope he finds a way to get healthy and in shape and shows us all what he can do.
Yeah I mean I 100% hope he reaches his potential, just doubtful we see it at this point.

I’d like to see Ellis uninjured and a full go before writing him off. He started 9 games as a true sophomore before getting hurt. That year I think they started 5-0 ? Tucker ran for 1000. One of Dino’s better seasons. According to his bio with nine starts at left guard allowed just one sack and nine total pressures in 267 pass blocking snaps on the season. The kid can play.

I haven’t been looking at the spring practice and winter workouts with 100% vigilance, but I have been checking them pretty closely.

Don’t remember seeing Ellis in many pictures or videos. Not sure if I have seen him once. I am thinking that is probably not a good sign for him.

I know he is still listed at 375 on the roster.

The guy is talented. I hope he finds a way to get healthy and in shape and shows us all what he can do.
I saw Ellis in one of the workout videos and he appears to have lost a lot of weight... so maybe he is back on track... also the weights have not been updated yet... probably have to wait for fall roster for that.

I saw Ellis in one of the workout videos and he appears to have lost a lot of weight... so maybe he is back on track... also the weights have not been updated yet... probably have to wait for fall roster for that.
That is good to hear. I like to root for the underdog.

Ellis is one of the guys I will watch closely during the spring game.

The most disturbing news out of the spring is how much the training staff has changed bodies.

What the heck was the previous staff doing?
There's probably some validity to your concerns. I also suspect some new money went into the program, so the team has access to better resources that may be paying dividends right away. Just a hunch.

The most disturbing news out of the spring is how much the training staff has changed bodies.

What the heck was the previous staff doing?
There's been some serious bulking up.

That being said the before-and-after pics are hilarious. Like of course you're going to look more jacked straight after a workout and when you're flexing, than when you didn't workout and are standing loose.

IMG_5485.gif

It’s not disturbing to me.
Perhaps I used the wrong word.

Perhaps "remarkable" or "striking" would be a better way to describe my reaction.

The point I was trying to make is that the previous training staff seems to have been ineffective in a very important area of preparation.

Last edited:
Perhaps I used the wrong word.

Perhaps "remarkable" or "striking" would be a better way to describe my reaction.

The point I was trying to make is that previous training staff seems to have been ineffective in a very important area of preparation.
Agree. It's hard to believe. I don't think I have seen anything about Sean Edinger landing a job at another school. Coincidence? hmmmmm

Agree. It's hard to believe. I don't think I have seen anything about Sean Edinger landing a job at another school. Coincidence? hmmmmm
Don't understand the Edinger bashing either. Most were calling what he was doing revolutionary when he started here. We don't have to do this with everyone just because it started to go stale towards the end.

Don't understand the Edinger bashing either. Most were calling what he was doing revolutionary when he started here. We don't have to do this with everyone just because it started to go stale towards the end.
Always appreciate your perspective, but I never bought into him and thought it was comical how people fell in love with the guy because he looked and acted tough on the sidelines.

Calling what he did “revolutionary” was part of the wave of orange-tinted optimism when Dino (FHCDB) and his staff were hired. After being consistently man-handled during the FHCSS tenure, any change was perceived as positive and welcomed.
Things are seldom as good as perceived in the beginning, and maybe he could’ve done better if FHCDB had run a tighter ship. Who knows?
But there is already evidence for better S&C in just a few months, and that is reason enough for a little levity at Coach Edinger’s expense. It’s hardly character assassination and if he was truly awful (NOT saying he was), then the fault is with FHCDB for not recognizing and dealing with it.

It's fun for some to **** on the prior regime as means to quantify how much better (we hope) we currently have it it seems.

End game, Dino's regime can be summed up by lack of depth dictating compromises across many facets. The no huddle obviously went away in pretty short order but equally I don't think the S & C can be fully utilized when you have so many players that will get every snap if even partially able through out the year. Can't push as hard and risk injury in offseason AND need players to carry a bit more soft weight into the season in hopes that it will help keep body from breaking down later in the year as snap count elevates.

It's all incremental build to this point and, due to current depth, we can finally hopefully take a large step forward. That said, Dino's tenure was a step from that which proceeded him and hopefully HCFB will prove to be exponential vs incremental as his is likely our last shot at "big time" college football heading into the next conference alignment shuffle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom