2024 Spring Practice | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

I think I heard Fran say that Marlow Wax increased his 225 bench from 16x to 25x. That is very impressive for an upper classman, and a strong testament to what’s gone on here in only 4 short months. I am having trouble contains my excitement for the season ahead.

I think I heard Fran say that Marlow Wax increased his 225 bench from 16x to 25x. That is very impressive for an upper classman, and a strong testament to what’s gone on here in only 4 short months. I am having trouble contains my excitement for the season ahead.
I know it seems the more you hear the more competent the whole system
Seems to be. I will be shocked and upset if it doesn’t lead to more wins

its pretty hard to understand that a kid 4 yrs in to the program could suddenly find so much strength in just a few months of new training. Lets hope some of the oline is seeing it as well.

144% THIS.

That’s a remarkable improvement for an experienced veteran athlete to make in a very short period of time.

Normally you’d be lucky to add maybe 2-3 more reps over that period.

NINE is freaking ridiculous.

Stefan Thompson getting hammered at NU Spring (Ruhle calling him out in media) for lack of conditioning and being totally out of shape. Wonder if this was an issue with him or team issue, and why he did not make an impact like we thought last year?

“Syracuse transfer linebacker Stefon Thompson wanted to be pushed, Rhule said, when he came to Nebraska.
Rhule on Thursday considered his blunt assessment of Thompson — who had 171 career tackles for the Orange — part of pushing him to be better.
“Stefon’s had a difficult transition,” Rhule said. “He didn’t come in in the best of shape, hadn’t really done our offseason program before. All very new to him. And it’s been a struggle.”
Thompson has “worked hard to catch up physically” so his body looks “significantly better,” Rhule said, in the last few weeks.

“I brought him here to help him accelerate his pro career,” Rhule said, “so we’re going to push him. You can tell by me answering (the question) honestly, I’m pushing him.

“Because the thing I just want to get across to our guys is: There’s not a lot of second chances in the NFL. You don’t get to show up, be out of shape, and think you’re going to get a second chance.”

Stefan Thompson getting hammered at NU Spring (Ruhle calling him out in media) for lack of conditioning and being totally out of shape. Wonder if this was an issue with him or team issue, and why he did not make an impact like we thought last year?

He did have a pretty serious injury that he was trying to come back from last year. Id give him a pass for last season but matt ruhle is also a db.

“Syracuse transfer linebacker Stefon Thompson wanted to be pushed, Rhule said, when he came to Nebraska.
Rhule on Thursday considered his blunt assessment of Thompson — who had 171 career tackles for the Orange — part of pushing him to be better.
“Stefon’s had a difficult transition,” Rhule said. “He didn’t come in in the best of shape, hadn’t really done our offseason program before. All very new to him. And it’s been a struggle.”
Thompson has “worked hard to catch up physically” so his body looks “significantly better,” Rhule said, in the last few weeks.

“I brought him here to help him accelerate his pro career,” Rhule said, “so we’re going to push him. You can tell by me answering (the question) honestly, I’m pushing him.

“Because the thing I just want to get across to our guys is: There’s not a lot of second chances in the NFL. You don’t get to show up, be out of shape, and think you’re going to get a second chance.”
So, I know there are defenses for Edinger, but man - seems like there is a lot of smoke that the program he was part of running didn't translate to football strength and success

Trainer bashing is a time honored tradition here.

just read the Ruhle quote on Thompson. Out of shape, not in the best of shape, hadn’t really done our offseason program before. All very new to him. And it’s been a struggle.” Thompson has “worked hard to catch up physically” so his body looks “significantly better" (meaning it didn't look good when he got there.)

That to go with other quotes I'm reading and the strength numbers and photos etc, sounds like bashing is warranted.

144% THIS.

That’s a remarkable improvement for an experienced veteran athlete to make in a very short period of time.

Normally you’d be lucky to add maybe 2-3 more reps over that period.

NINE is freaking ridiculous.
Honestly a athlete at this level with a program change and good form could easily add 8-9 reps in a lift in 8 weeks. Doesnt mean its not impressive cause it is. Good for him and hoping all the team has that improvement.

That's not exactly what happened. They changed the substitution rules so that going fast because harder to do. The offense is required to wait. It worked so well in the beginning that teams resorted to faking injuries to stop the game flow. So they changed the rules for the big boy schools.
And we didn't do a great job adapting. There are still schools that manage to go fast. I think Ole Miss and Tennessee do. We'll have a different identity now. I'm cool with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom