2024 Spring Practice | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Jalil Smith up to almost 270 lbs in the roster guide?!?! Didn’t he arrive a year ago as a 215 lb speed rusher? That’s an impressive change.

Jalil Smith up to almost 270 lbs in the roster guide?!?! Didn’t he arrive a year ago as a 215 lb speed rusher? That’s an impressive change.

I seem to recall the first spring/summer under Babers when players were vomiting into trash cans because of the intensity of the training regime.
Yeah but that in and of itself tells me nothing. Could be the guys are too fat. Could be they drank too much. Could be their diets are bad. Any coach can get guys to puke. A great staff can train them past that without ever puking.

Honestly an athlete at this level with a program change and good form could easily add 8-9 reps in a lift in 8 weeks. Doesnt mean its not impressive cause it is. Good for him and hoping all the team has that improvement.
Especially if he is already at 16 reps. If he went from 0-10 that would be more surprising. At 16 he can comfortably handle weight. Can pick up 9 easily knowing how to sequence better, breathe, use legs and delts more etc

It just didnt seem like they were aggressive enough. Is that just me or am i seeing things and they really need to practice more zone blocking. It reminded me of hs kids not knowing who to take. I may be harsh so please help me if i am and tel me why its not clean. All these cats should have experiance zoning. Money what do u think.
Whoa. Seems like nobody wants to address this? If I recall the weakest coaching hire was OL.

It just didnt seem like they were aggressive enough. Is that just me or am i seeing things and they really need to practice more zone blocking. It reminded me of hs kids not knowing who to take. I may be harsh so please help me if i am and tel me why its not clean. All these cats should have experiance zoning. Money what do u think.
It was a 1 minute clip...

Dion Wilson in a black jersey along with Ellis.

Moeolo full go. Only one rep but he moved well. Good to see.

If they want to go full space balls ridiculous, ECJr 6/6 315, Ellis 6/6 375, Reed 6/3 315, Moeolo 6/6 360, Weatherspoon 6/7 335.

Not a prediction at all.

IMG_5686.jpeg

Dion Wilson in a black jersey along with Ellis.

Moeolo full go. Only one rep but he moved well. Good to see.

If they want to go full space balls ridiculous, ECJr 6/6 315, Ellis 6/6 375, Reed 6/3 315, Moeolo 6/6 360, Weatherspoon 6/7 335.

Not a prediction at all.

The first set I think is More 77 , Ellis 76 Petry 72. Ellis moving good.

The 2nd set I think is Josh Miller 73, Cruz 78 and LLaoa 55. Based on his stance Miller looks like he's reppin the drill at tackle.

Watching these videos, I'm struck by how open everybody is. No one seems to be holding anything back. Is it me, or is this completely different from the last several coaches.
It's like somebody said, "Just answer every question as honestly as you can."

The first set I think is More 77 , Ellis 76 Petry 72. Ellis moving good.

The 2nd set I think is Josh Miller 73, Cruz 78 and LLaoa 55. Based on his stance Miller looks like he's reppin the drill at tackle.
He looked good and quick coming out of stance and strong hitting bag. it was a good rep. Keep stacking em up young man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom