2024 Spring Practice | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Seems like there's twice as many people at practice or milling on the sidelines (visitors & family, ex-players, staff, media etc.) than in Dino's days. This can only be a good thing w/collateral benefits.

Seems like there's twice as many people at practice or milling on the sidelines (visitors & family, ex-players, staff, media etc.) than in Dino's days. This can only be a good thing w/collateral benefits.
I wonder how many legacy recruits we would have gotten in the past, if former players were welcomed the way they are now. I don't think Marvin Harrison would have been coming to practice, though.

flip side, they leak our very very top secret game plan to the Ohio coaches... ;)
When you actually say it out loud it makes me laugh….. like what were we flipping doing?! Dino had an asset he was not utilizing. Viewing practice is an asset to Fran. Creates buzz, strengthens alumni bonds (which could mean NIL $$$ potentially - KIND OF A BIG DEAL), and more overall interest as we get to meet so many staff members virtually and create more of a bond with this team. Fran is squeezing all the juice out of his assets and not leaving a drop for waste.

When you actually say it out loud it makes me laugh….. like what were we flipping doing?! Dino had an asset he was not utilizing. Viewing practice is an asset to Fran. Creates buzz, strengthens alumni bonds (which could mean NIL $$$ potentially - KIND OF A BIG DEAL), and more overall interest as we get to meet so many staff members virtually and create more of a bond with this team. Fran is squeezing all the juice out of his assets and not leaving a drop for waste.

I said this for years. People actually argued in defense of Babers strict closed door policy.

Opening practices and having interviews, reports etc creates buzz and sells more tickets. As Pasqauloni would say, it ain’t rocket science.

I wonder how many legacy recruits we would have gotten in the past, if former players were welcomed the way they are now. I don't think Marvin Harrison would have been coming to practice, though.
He and Jr came to a spring game the spring before his recruitment absolutely blew up.

I said this for years. People actually argued in defense of Babers strict closed door policy.

Opening practices and having interviews, reports etc creates buzz and sells more tickets. As Pasqauloni would say, it ain’t rocket science.
Fran and co. doing a good job of controlling what’s out there. We haven’t seen publicly (invited guests have) any scrimmages or 11-on-11 or stuff that coaches get concerned about (and rightfully so whether you agree with it or not).

However, they are doing a good job of giving everyone enough to satisfy. I haven’t heard anyone say anything groundbreaking or seen any deep insight, but they don’t have to. Just give people enough.

Fran and co. doing a good job of controlling what’s out there. We haven’t seen publicly (invited guests have) any scrimmages or 11-on-11 or stuff that coaches get concerned about (and rightfully so whether you agree with it or not).

However, they are doing a good job of giving everyone enough to satisfy. I haven’t heard anyone say anything groundbreaking or seen any deep insight, but they don’t have to. Just give people enough.
It's kind of like when you're a teenager, life's a lot easier if you talk to your parents about some things. You don't tell them everything going on, but you tell them enough so they feel they know what's going on for the most part, and then they leave you alone.

Very nice throw by Kyle. ZIP - tight spiral to the opposite shoulder for the DB.

WE have, I think, one of the best QB's in the country and it feels great - the entire time since he was introduced by JW, Fran Brown has made it "feel great" around the football program. We are going to surprise a lot of people and be proud Orange again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom