2024 Spring Practice | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Moved to center…. Reed may be second team now? Interesting, sounds simple to me - we need our best lineman on the line, so if we have two starting caliber RGs then move one to the weakest link on the line - which may have been center…. Very interested to see our starting line next fall.
I know the staff has been moving the OL around all spring.

They still are getting a feel for their players and the positions they are best suited to play. I believe the goal is to have a player they have confidence in able to play every position on the OL.

It will be interesting to see where all the OL play in the scrimmage on 4/20. By that point, I would guess the staff would have a pretty good idea who is best suited to what position.

It sounds like there will be a draft, which is going to make identifying the first and second team units hard. But we should at least be able to confirm what position players are playing at, and see how they look.

Really looking forward to getting a peek at this team.

Moved to center…. Reed may be second team now? Interesting, sounds simple to me - we need our best lineman on the line, so if we have two starting caliber RGs then move one to the weakest link on the line - which may have been center…. Very interested to see our starting line next fall.

Every time I see a picture of McCord taking a snap, Reed is the center.

This interview is encouraging. I really feel no matter who starts at center the back up will be solid and this unit overall will be a pleasant surprise it has size - depth and talent and the most important thing we must remember our coaching staff does not want Kyle McCord to be running with the football like Schrader did.

This interview is encouraging. I really feel no matter who starts at center the back up will be solid and this unit overall will be a pleasant surprise it has size - depth and talent and the most important thing we must remember our coaching staff does not want Kyle McCord to be running with the football like Schrader did.
He can’t run the ball like Shrader, that guy was one of the best in CFB. If not for injuries would have been a different year. We need McCord to be able to pick up first downs on occasion to keep the defense honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom