2024 Summer Roster Update | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Summer Roster Update

I totally forgot that Roon was gone.
Another kid I liked. I am watching Mcdonald a lot and I see him not being quit the downhill guy I think we need here. My question is does the lb coa h want the lb reading the feet of the o line or is it pure gap responsibility. Mc is more space oriented and not come down hill and ki ll ya type. I wonder what we want specifically.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 202836.jpeg

Our OL is freaking huge. Holy chit.

And every time I look at our receiving rooms I fall more in love. I'm so ready to have my heartbroken this fall.

Yeah, I see 6 legit WRs, not counting any of the freshman, one of whom is sure to impress. Then you have 2 proven TEs, plus Tremble. Three really talented RBs, too. This offense is loaded for bear.

Yeah, I see 6 legit WRs, not counting any of the freshman, one of whom is sure to impress. Then you have 2 proven TEs, plus Tremble. Three really talented RBs, too. This offense is loaded for bear.
If the offensive line is solid and McCord stays healthy... not hard to convince yourself of being this season's Louisville. Schedule is there for it.

At DB a lot of guys lost a few lbs so an apparent focus on conditioning. Assuming they are getting them lean and fast to keep up with any WR's. No smurfs with just Bellamy checking in under 6 foot and at 5'-11".

I think we see Bellamy, Devin Grant, and Clarence Lewis all play a lot at corner. Delaine and Barnes Jr will see a little bit of time.

At safety Barron, Chestnut and Clark will be the starters. Gould will be first one in after that.

View attachment 243132
I question how Clark is listed at 187 and Duce at 200. In that No Destination podcast in the spring that they did together I swear Clark looked significantly bigger between the two.

Agreed and no way Duce is 6’1 as listed. Duce has some thickness to him but Clark is a beast physically these days.
I heard Duce was told to lose weight when he came back. He got a little out of shape at LSU and needed to regain speed. I’m kind of surprised he’s not lighter.

Impressive looking unit. So who’s an end and who’s a tackle?

Going by the extremely unsophisticated method of aligning them by size, I would assume…

Tackles: Wilson Jr., Hastings, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Perry, Fuentes-Cundiff, Miles, Watson

Ends: Diggs, Jobity Jr., Simmons, Jaquez Jr.,
Edwards

But that doesn’t seem very balanced.

Are some of the guys listed at LB (maybe Heard, Lesaine Jr., Omopariola, Brown) playing a Joker type position and will effectively be edge rushers?

Very curious to see how this shakes out, but I expect we see a lot of tackle sized dudes playing as a 7 tech DE.

We certainly have the meats.
Like Arby’s

I heard Duce was told to lose weight when he came back. He got a little out of shape at LSU and needed to regain speed. I’m kind of surprised he’s not lighter.
Well he either he did what Fran asked or he will get past up on the depth chart. Fran appears to not play favorites. Fran already moved him from corner to safety because he saw a better fit.

Well he either he did what Fran asked or he will get past up on the depth chart. Fran appears to not play favorites. Fran already moved him from corner to safety because he saw a better fit.
Duce was listed at 5"-11" and 205 lbs on the LSU site so he may have lost some weight. But maybe he is even lighter than that considering the visual size difference that is seen in that interview I mentioned. That 6'-1" height i have listed was a typo on my part. He is actually listed as 6'-0" on Cuse.com.

Jobity adding 14 pounds is surprising. This staff seems to want one of the ends in that 275 range. Something we’re not used to here.
I think that type of size change at DE allows one of the DL to effectively operate as a DT or. DE depending on the scheme.

Q: Why isn’t Davien Kerr on the roster?

Emily:
Kerr’s social media now says “C/O 2027″ but remains Syracuse-coded otherwise. To me, that indicates there was likely an issue on the academic side preventing him from enrolling this year and he’s doing time at a prep school or junior college.

Emily:
Kerr’s social media now says “C/O 2027″ but remains Syracuse-coded otherwise. To me, that indicates there was likely an issue on the academic side preventing him from enrolling this year and he’s doing time at a prep school or junior college.

7:12 AM. Impressive.

Emily:

How do you go from class of 2024 to class of 2027? I mean if he reversed his reclassification that would put him at class of 2025….then he has to go JUCO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom