2024 Summer Roster Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Summer Roster Update

DL getting strong

View attachment 243133
Impressive looking unit. So who’s an end and who’s a tackle?

Going by the extremely unsophisticated method of aligning them by size, I would assume…

Tackles: Wilson Jr., Hastings, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Perry, Fuentes-Cundiff, Miles, Watson

Ends: Diggs, Jobity Jr., Simmons, Jaquez Jr.,
Edwards

But that doesn’t seem very balanced.

Are some of the guys listed at LB (maybe Heard, Lesaine Jr., Omopariola, Brown) playing a Joker type position and will effectively be edge rushers?

Very curious to see how this shakes out, but I expect we see a lot of tackle sized dudes playing as a 7 tech DE.

We certainly have the meats.

Going by the extremely unsophisticated method of aligning them by size, I would assume…

Tackles: Wilson Jr., Hastings, Ingraham, Nwokocha, Perry, Fuentes-Cundiff, Miles, Watson

Edwards

Are some of the guys listed at LB (maybe Heard, Lesaine Jr., Omopariola, Brown) playing a Joker type position and will effectively be edge rushers?

Very curious to see how this shakes out, but I expect we see a lot of tackle sized dudes playing as a 7 tech DE.

I think Hastings will play some end, especially on early downs.

Impressive looking unit.
Awkward The Office GIF

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Your position lists are easier to read than SU Athletics. Thx for the thread. I know you’ve got Nwokocha at 6-5 312 (post #2), but you might want to add him to the DL roster.

Last edited:

Edwards

Yes. Good thought. 7 and 5 tech. allows you to play bigger guys to help defend those off tackle plays

Oronde up 13 lbs of pure muscle! Love to see Villari up as well, our TE room is full of beasts.

Also, I'm pretty sure Willis was listed as 220 when he got here. +6. So impressive what this new staff can do
If James is listed as a running back, if he picks up the schemes look out.
Still would like to see him used in different places to utilize his outstanding speed. You just can't teach that kind of size with that speed.

I really liked Bailey.
Yea me too. Based purely on his measurable, he didn’t seem out of place compared to the LBs that Fran and Robinson have recruited. He was also on the ACC All Academic team last year, so surely grades weren’t an issue.

I thought he may have been a candidate to gets reps behind Barron at the Jack position in early downs.

Wish him the best.

Edit: Also I’m not a subscriber so I didn’t read the article. Maybe the context of his absence was covered there.

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but does anyone know when fall camp starts? Is there going to be media access to any of the practices? Not wishing summer away but getting pumped for this season to start.

Yea me too. Based purely on his measurable, he didn’t seem out of place compared to the LBs that Fran and Robinson have recruited. He was also on the ACC All Academic team last year, so surely grades weren’t an issue.

I thought he may have been a candidate to gets reps behind Barron at the Jack position in early downs.

Wish him the best.

Edit: Also I’m not a subscriber so I didn’t read the article. Maybe the context of his absence was covered there.
No context given.

I thought Kerr was a 25 ?

Class of 2024 Bloomfield (CT) High athlete Davien Kerr has committed to Syracuse following his weekend official visit, he announced on social media. He had planned on attending a prep year at St. Thomas More and reclassifying to the 2025 class. That changed, however, as Kerr was offered by the Orange following a strong camp performance previously and quickly set up an official visit. That was enough to seal the deal in his recruitment. He will enroll this summer and be part of the roster for the upcoming season.

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but does anyone know when fall camp starts? Is there going to be media access to any of the practices? Not wishing summer away but getting pumped for this season to start.
Believe Fran said August 1st

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom