2024 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball

Standings Update

Next week (week 22) is the last week of the regular season.

3 teams have separated themselves - in fact they are the only ones above .500. And 5 teams are fighting for the last 3 playoff spots so its going to be an interesting race to see who gets in. And once in anything can happen.

Steve / Buzhardt's has clinched #1 - his team has been on fire. As noted above we were close to tied at week 11... he is now 66 games above 500, and I am 7 below!

2 way race for the first week bye between MS Orange and GM's team. They go head to head next week..

5 Teams fighting for 3 spots (as of this morning). It is very tight.
Hak Attack: -4 below .500
Uncle Charlie (Orange Auburn I think): -6
Junior / Karim (ME) - 7
Autry's Army -8
Guy Fawkes - 11
Guy has dug himself out of a big hole, to now be close to the final playoff spot.

Looking at next week's games, Uncle Charlie Sheen has the inside edge due to a favourable matchup against the league's absentee owner. Autry and Hak go head to head. And Guy Fawkes has a very tough matchup against Buzhardt. It doesn't matter who I play (#9), I doubt I'm winning next week.

The key is to make the playoffs.

TBH, kinda sucks, for me. Definitely the best team I've had. But, they go cold for a week, and that's it.

Can't remember where I finished the regular season the one year I won the playoffs. But, if it wasn't in first, then it sucked for someone else.

The key is to make the playoffs.

TBH, kinda sucks, for me. Definitely the best team I've had. But, they go cold for a week, and that's it.

Can't remember where I finished the regular season the one year I won the playoffs. But, if it wasn't in first, then it sucked for someone else.

Getting in the top 2 also helps since its a crapshoot -- only having to win twice instead of 3 times is a help.

Working off fuzzy memory here (so some details will be slightly off), but in 2022 I think I was 7th heading into the last week, won big and got in the playoffs. And then I went something like 28-8 over 3 weeks to breeze through the playoffs. (My team is not doing that this year!)

It certainly is about getting hot.

That's why I always put value on the winning the regular season title as well. If there is such a thing as "skill" in fantasy it comes out more in the regular season.

Last edited:
Standings Update

Next week (week 22) is the last week of the regular season.

3 teams have separated themselves - in fact they are the only ones above .500. And 5 teams are fighting for the last 3 playoff spots so its going to be an interesting race to see who gets in. And once in anything can happen.

Steve / Buzhardt's has clinched #1 - his team has been on fire. As noted above we were close to tied at week 11... he is now 66 games above 500, and I am 7 below!

2 way race for the first week bye between MS Orange and GM's team. They go head to head next week..

5 Teams fighting for 3 spots (as of this morning). It is very tight.
Hak Attack: -4 below .500
Uncle Charlie (Orange Auburn I think): -6
Junior / Karim (ME) - 7
Autry's Army -8
Guy Fawkes - 11
Guy has dug himself out of a big hole, to now be close to the final playoff spot.

Looking at next week's games, Uncle Charlie Sheen has the inside edge due to a favourable matchup against the league's absentee owner. Autry and Hak go head to head. And Guy Fawkes has a very tough matchup against Buzhardt. It doesn't matter who I play (#9), I doubt I'm winning next week.
I did everything I could to fall out of playoffs and it was looking really bad most of this week. Thankfully the guys showed up today and it looks like I will hang on to 6th.

I did everything I could to fall out of playoffs and it was looking really bad most of this week. Thankfully the guys showed up today and it looks like I will hang on to 6th.

6-4 was a big win for you.

One week to go still! Not sure if you were just pointing your standing as of now though. I think you probably knocked out Autry with your win.

Right now it looks like the following:
4. Hak +2 (vs .500)
5. JN +1
6. Auburn -1
7. Fawkes -2

I could lose 2 points still tonight if Castellanos gets one more hit than Harper from here to end of game.

6-4 was a big win for you.

One week to go still! Not sure if you were just pointing your standing as of now though. I think you probably knocked out Autry with your win.

Right now it looks like the following:
4. Hak +2 (vs .500)
5. JN +1
6. Auburn -1
7. Fawkes -2

I could lose 2 points still tonight if Castellanos gets one more hit than Harper from here to end of game.
Damn. I thought I cleared the finish line

Damn. I thought I cleared the finish line

You are facing the "inactive" team in Game of Throws next week.
Your chances are very good.

I'm playing the other team that might be inactive right now in "Upper East Side", although i know they do moves from time to time.

Fawkes had a monster week this week, but faces team #1.

You are facing the "inactive" team in Game of Throws next week.
Your chances are very good.

I'm playing the other team that might be inactive right now in "Upper East Side", although i know they do moves from time to time.

Fawkes had a monster week this week, but faces team #1.
I laughed as I watch his active Freeman go off today to give him an early jump lol.

What a finish to the regular season. This is a heck of a final weekend.

The 3 contenders for 5/6/7 (me, you, GuyFawkes), all have 5 or more categories that can flip this weekend. The in/out could be moving all weekend.

It does look like both our opponents will barely hit the "30 inning" min, so that will not play a factor.

Last edited:
The 3 contenders for 5/6/7 (me, you, GuyFawkes), all have 5 or more categories that can flip this weekend. The in/out could be moving all weekend.

It does look like both our opponents will barely hit the "30 inning" min, so that will not play a factor.
Unfortunately for me my opponent had two pitchers dominate yesterday picking up two quality starts and two wins putting him ahead of me there and I have no more starts since they all pitched horrible on Tuesday.

I've used my moves planning for next week and now I am hoping to get the bats awake today and tomorrow, and that other matchups play out in my favor.

Final day, and 5-6-7 are still pretty wide open. Might all come down to the 7:10 game,

Fawkes +5
JN +4
Orange Auburn +1

Looking at the standings it looks like OA might only be able to gain 1 point, breaking the tie in the RBI category. The AVG and OPS categories seem to be out of reach, but are long shot possibilities. So let's presume OA finishes the day at +2 (2 games over .500) . I know from yesterday's standings that he holds the tie-breaker over me,

I would then need to lose 2 points. And its not that hard for that to happen. Here are the categories I have slight leads in.
RBI - 37 vs 35 (lose that category and its -2)
HR - 11 vs 11 (lose that category and its -1)
If those both flip I miss the playoffs.
I could turn around Batting AVG though .299 vs .292 to gain back 2 points.
My strategic point for thought right now is if I get greedy and try to take the pitching categories (SV and ERA) but risk the WHIP. I think I will bench my pitching staff, but not 100% sure.

If OA finishes +2, Fawkes would need to lose at least 3 points (maybe 4, not sure about the tiebreaker). There are some categories Fawkes could lose (or tie)
HR - 7 vs 5
Wins - 4 vs 4
QS - 5 vs 4
Steve has 3 starters going against 2 for Fawkes, so its possible. But it does really look like Fawkes would need to lose the HR category to not make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Final day, and 5-6-7 are still pretty wide open. Might all come down to the 7:10 game,

Fawkes +5
JN +4
Orange Auburn +1

Looking at the standings it looks like OA might only be able to gain 1 point, breaking the tie in the RBI category. The AVG and OPS categories seem to be out of reach, but are long shot possibilities. So let's presume OA finishes the day at +2 (2 games over .500) . I know from yesterday's standings that he holds the tie-breaker over me,

I would then need to lose 2 points. And its not that hard for that to happen. Here are the categories I have slight leads in.
RBI - 37 vs 35 (lose that category and its -2)
HR - 11 vs 11 (lose that category and its -1)
If those both flip I miss the playoffs.
I could turn around Batting AVG though .299 vs .292 to gain back 2 points.
My strategic point for thought right now is if I get greedy and try to take the pitching categories (SV and ERA) but risk the WHIP. I think I will bench my pitching staff, but not 100% sure.

If OA finishes +2, Fawkes would need to lose at least 3 points (maybe 4, not sure about the tiebreaker). There are some categories Fawkes could lose (or tie)
HR - 7 vs 5
Wins - 4 vs 4
QS - 5 vs 4
Steve has 3 starters going against 2 for Fawkes, so its possible. But it does really look like Fawkes would need to lose the HR category to not make the playoffs.
My staff laid an epic egg this week and my bats were cold

Need a strong final day

My staff laid an epic egg this week and my bats were cold

Need a strong final day

Didn't even consider Hak missing as I think he was up 9-2 to start today, but all of a sudden that matchup is at 6-6 he has moved down to 6th and is only 2 points ahead of you... he has lost the lead in a bunch of categories today it seems. There are 7 categories still up for grabs in his matchup (some really close). So he can switch it, or it could get worse.

I think the 7:10 matchup tonight will impact who gets in.

As we get to final game tonight it looks like my team and Hak are safe. There are a lot of close categories in Hak's match, but no path to catch up. Autry's Army team (bats) did nothing in their last 20 AB's.

So it comes down to, where there is a feasible, but not probable path for Uncle Charlie.
Fawkes is +3
Uncle Charlie (Auburn) is +1

Uncle Charlie could get to +2, if Perdomo or Carroll get an RBI tonight. That part is not that hard.
Fawkes could fall to +2, if Buzhardt's gets 1 more HR... basically Diaz needs to get a HR for Houston.
Then I'm not sure what the tie-breaker is.

As we get to final game tonight it looks like my team and Hak are safe. There are a lot of close categories in Hak's match, but no path to catch up. Autry's Army team (bats) did nothing in their last 20 AB's.

So it comes down to, where there is a feasible, but not probable path for Uncle Charlie.
Fawkes is +3
Uncle Charlie (Auburn) is +1

Uncle Charlie could get to +2, if Perdomo or Carroll get an RBI tonight. That part is not that hard.
Fawkes could fall to +2, if Buzhardt's gets 1 more HR... basically Diaz needs to get a HR for Houston.
Then I'm not sure what the tie-breaker is.
I think I need one RBI to advance as things stand

And of course Perdomo and Carroll are 0-5

Wasn't planning to make any moves this week.

But, I figured I owed it to those fighting for those last spots to not mail it in today.

Picked up Brayan Bello, who was the scheduled starter. Thought it might make a difference in W's and Quality Starts.

Then, they pushed him back until tomorrow.

Sorry, guys, I tried.

Oof I lost my bye with a total collapse last week losing 10-2. Not what you want.

Last day of the 2 quarter final matches.

JN 8 - Hak 2 (Hak holds the tiebreaker)
That being said Hak has a path. The key category looks to come down to RBI or K. I'm up 30-26, but if Hak flips that category he has a clear path.

Right now Hak has 3 points from pitching... if he gets it to 5, which is quite possible as he has 4 starters going against my 2 (and some quality ones), then he could force a 6-6 tie if he gets the RBI category.

Conceivably the K category is up for grabs (69 vs 50) due to his additional starters, and if that is flipped it will also cause me lots of problems.

Guy Fawkes 9 - MS Orange 3
Fawkes is in good shape. The path for MS Orange to 6 is not an easy one, but its not 0%.
1. MS Needs to flip the AVG (276 vs 253), OPS (762 vs 726).
2, After that he either needs to flip the SB Category (5 vs 3) or QS Category (3 vs 2)

Good luck all.

Last day of the 2 quarter final matches.

JN 8 - Hak 2 (Hak holds the tiebreaker)
That being said Hak has a path. The key category looks to come down to RBI or K. I'm up 30-26, but if Hak flips that category he has a clear path.

Right now Hak has 3 points from pitching... if he gets it to 5, which is quite possible as he has 4 starters going against my 2 (and some quality ones), then he could force a 6-6 tie if he gets the RBI category.

Conceivably the K category is up for grabs (69 vs 50) due to his additional starters, and if that is flipped it will also cause me lots of problems.

Guy Fawkes 9 - MS Orange 3
Fawkes is in good shape. The path for MS Orange to 6 is not an easy one, but its not 0%.
1. MS Needs to flip the AVG (276 vs 253), OPS (762 vs 726).
2, After that he either needs to flip the SB Category (5 vs 3) or QS Category (3 vs 2)

Good luck all.
Been an interesting week. I've actually had worse weeks and not done as poorly on the scoreboard as I have this week. I should have picked up another starting pitcher for today as a desperation move.

Been an interesting week. I've actually had worse weeks and not done as poorly on the scoreboard as I have this week. I should have picked up another starting pitcher for today as a desperation move.

There are still some pitchers going at 4:00 available, if you have any roster moves left. I was planning to use the 4:00 as a backup route if needed, with the preference of picking a starter on Monday/Tuesday instead with my last move of the week... but Hak forced my hand going with 4 starters, so I took a 1:30 starter.

Last edited:
Glad my team showed out during the bye week.

I chuckled when I saw the daily performances by my pitchers and hitters.

Bye week and show out

Crunch time and play terrible.

I'm expecting a flame out next week

One day left in the semi's.

Let's start with the one that is over. Buzhardt's Luck (Steve) vs Noboa Garcia (me). Steve is up 9-2 and there is no reasonable path for me to overcome this. Steve's team is clicking like it did in the second half of the regular season.

Guy Fawkes 6, GM's Team 5. This one is wide open
Both teams have probably locked only 2 categories.
I could see the other 8 categories as possibly flipping -- some much easier than others.
This one could go down to the last game Sunday.