2024 Transfer Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

UVa has two business schools - Darden the graduate business school which runs the MBA program and McIntire which primarily runs the undergraduate program. McIntire runs the non-MBA graduate-level programs as well. It offers a 2-year graduate program in Commerce for non-business that has become very popular with Lax transfers. Evan Zinn is in it and, IIRC, Ricky Miezan and Thomas McConvey are as well.

Any big time FO guy’s enter yet?

Great question. Tommy Burke from Vermont entered but has already committed to Ohio State. That would have been a big pickup. It's still very early though, we probably won't know until the season is over who has entered.

Some names to keep a eye on, just based on their Ivy League eligibility:

Angelo Petrakis - Cornell: I think he would have two years of eligibility left. He's listed as as senior but older Cornell players have been able to drop out for fall semesters and keep playing for the Big Red (I believe Adler and Irelan did that this year). He has a 50% career winning percentage.

Mitchel Myers - Dartmouth: Senior, would have two years as well. He has a 57% career winning percentage including 64% this season. Is a History Major.

Matthew Gunty - Brown: Senior but looks like has only one year of eligibility left. Has 56% career winning percentage including 63% this year. Econ Major.

Great question. Tommy Burke from Vermont entered but has already committed to Ohio State. That would have been a big pickup. It's still very early though, we probably won't know until the season is over who has entered.

Angelo Petrakis - Cornell: I think he would have two years of eligibility left. He's listed as as senior but older Cornell players have been able to drop out for fall semesters and keep playing for the Big Red (I believe Adler and Irelan did that this year). He has a 50% career winning percentage.

Mitchel Myers - Dartmouth: Senior, would have two years as well. He has a 57% career winning percentage including 64% this season. Is a History Major.

Matthew Gunty - Brown: Senior but looks like has only one year of eligibility left. Has 56% career winning percentage including 63% this year. Econ Major.
Thanks for the info. Has Sisselberger exhausted all his eligibility? Weren’t there some whispers he was considering Cuse last off-season?

Thanks for the info. Has Sisselberger exhausted all his eligibility? Weren’t there some whispers he was considering Cuse last off-season?
apparently, he hasn't. no stats for 2019, so presumably he redshirted. has come down since sng, but still v good. whispers tho were also that he was maybe ready to hang it up last year. so a 6th year? maybe not likely. a lot of scholly $$ might change that.

Myers is one to keep an eye one, he's going to be in high demand and several teams will need FOGO's including UVA and Duke and obviously Syracuse.

I think SU is more likely to look at a transfer from a non P5 team with a FOGO whose having a good year and enters the portal. Think Richiusa but with more of a background and success.

Myers is one to keep an eye one, he's going to be in high demand and several teams will need FOGO's including UVA and Duke and obviously Syracuse.

I think SU is more likely to look at a transfer from a non P5 team with a FOGO whose having a good year and enters the portal. Think Richiusa but with more of a background and success.
With FOGO I do still like a lot of what we have seen from Jack Fine. Slightly slower off the clamp than Richiusa, which explains why they were slow giving him reps, but does a really good job turning it into a 50 50 battle, even is able to wrestle it away from a guy who won the clamp at times. Hope we don't scare him off to the portal as he is a good complimentary piece at the X. Solid numbers outside of the Hofstra game.

With FOGO I do still like a lot of what we have seen from Jack Fine. Slightly slower off the clamp than Richiusa, which explains why they were slow giving him reps, but does a really good job turning it into a 50 50 battle, even is able to wrestle it away from a guy who won the clamp at times. Hope we don't scare him off to the portal as he is a good complimentary piece at the X. Solid numbers outside of the Hofstra game.

Fine stayed after taking like literally 3 draws last season, I think he would likely stay unless the staff told him he wasn't going to see the field which seems unlikely at this point especially after showing he can come in and right the ship when Richiusa is struggling. Big game for both this Saturday

Naso is a junior so presumably Duke won't be looking for Face-off help next year.

Notre Dame returns Will Lynch next year but he hasn't been great for them this year. Winning only 44% so far. They brought in Thornton from Penn a few years ago even though they had a pretty good FOGO on the roster already, so wouldn't surprise me if Corigan looked to upgrade that spot. They bring in a top freshmen next year with Andrew Greenspan but freshmen fogos are particularly hard to predict.

Tyerar returns for UNC for his fifth year and they bring in a highly ranked frosh in Brady Wambach.

UVA is obviously the biggest name with a need for a fogo next year. They have a top recruit in Mac Eldridge on the roster but who knows if they view him as the long term guy. I'm sure they would look very appealing as a destination for top guys (duh).

In the Big 10 Hopkins, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers and Maryland look set at the position next year. Penn State looks to be in need of an upgrade but has guys returning.

Denver should be getting Stathakis back for a fifth year next year.

Anyways, things could change for all these teams as guys who might return for a fifth year decide to head off to the real world. Or you get a Jamie Zusi/Kyle Thornton situation where a player picks a school where a FOGO is already entrenched. Really hard to predict these things but you would think that Syracuse should be in decent position to land a fogo from the portal next year. They do have John Mullin, a four star recruit from Mass coming in, but seems risky to put all that pressure on a freshman.

apparently, he hasn't. no stats for 2019, so presumably he redshirted. has come down since sng, but still v good. whispers tho were also that he was maybe ready to hang it up last year. so a 6th year? maybe not likely. a lot of scholly $$ might change that.
He redshirted 2019 because his grades were terrible and he was on academic probation or whatever. He got that in order.

Rumor all summer, as told to me by one of his HS coaches, was that he was done with lacrosse. Obviously, that turned out not to be the case. He would have one year left, if he wanted to use it. No idea if he does.

Naso is a junior so presumably Duke won't be looking for Face-off help next year.

Notre Dame returns Will Lynch next year but he hasn't been great for them this year. Winning only 44% so far. They brought in Thornton from Penn a few years ago even though they had a pretty good FOGO on the roster already, so wouldn't surprise me if Corigan looked to upgrade that spot. They bring in a top freshmen next year with Andrew Greenspan but freshmen fogos are particularly hard to predict.

Tyerar returns for UNC for his fifth year and they bring in a highly ranked frosh in Brady Wambach.

UVA is obviously the biggest name with a need for a fogo next year. They have a top recruit in Mac Eldridge on the roster but who knows if they view him as the long term guy. I'm sure they would look very appealing as a destination for top guys (duh).

In the Big 10 Hopkins, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers and Maryland look set at the position next year. Penn State looks to be in need of an upgrade but has guys returning.

Anyways, things could change for all these teams as guys who might return for a fifth year decide to head off to the real world. Or you get a Jamie Zusi/Kyle Thornton situation where a player picks a school where a FOGO is already entrenched. Really hard to predict these things but you would think that Syracuse should be in decent position to land a fogo from the portal next year. They do have John Mullin, a four star recruit from Mass coming in, but seems risky to put all that pressure on a freshman.
i was sure uva would grab a transfer in 2021 after tygh transferred out, but they didn't. obviously, they had lasalla back, but still didn't pull even an in-case guy and had only 2 on the roster. now they're redshirting braun (who was also a top recruit as eldridge was), & have only 2 active on the roster for '23. it's not for sure they'll go after anyone, and less sure with scholly $$. they have a lot of faceoffs to replace, but a preliminary plan with 2 guys for 2024.

Wambach was a kid SU recruited pretty hard, believe it came down to SU and UNC.

Thoughts Naso was a Sr for some reason, that's another team who doesn't need a lead FOGO so good news there. I do wonder if a guy like Stathakis will look to leave with Tierney retiring and Denver not really a threat for a title.

ND will be fascinating to watch with the portal as they lose all of their D transfers and will need to reload to take one last crack with Pat Kavanaugh next year before he thankfully is out of eligibility along with a couple others.

As you noted its very hard to predict who will enter the portal much less how a Frosh FOGO will respond to D1. SU does bring in Mullin and Spallina next year but only Mullin would seem to be a candidate to see actual reps. I know the staff was high on Mullin but that means little to on the field results.

One name to keep an eye on is Shea at Hobart if he enters the portal for his final year of eligibility. He's put up some excellent numbers but has been hurt a lot. He was 15 for 25 against us las Saturday despite being less then 100%. He's not a local kid so he may want to get back closer to home but if he does enter the portal its hard to see a better match. Myers at Darthmouth is the other one that jumps off the page as a good fit that we already talked about.

If your looking at some lower schools where a transfer might make sense, the Binghamton id Desouza is over 57% of the year and outbattled Sisselberger this year. He would have 1 year left as well. Again no idea if he would be interested in transferring but could be a potential fit. There aer some others out there who might make sense ie Endres at Albany, the kid from St. Bonaventure, and perhaps even our recent nemesis Patterson from Hofstra who has a Covid year left as well.

Thoughts Naso was a Sr for some reason, that's another team who doesn't need a lead FOGO so good news there. I do wonder if a guy like Stathakis will look to leave with Tierney retiring and Denver not really a threat for a title.

ND will be fascinating to watch with the portal as they lose all of their D transfers and will need to reload to take one last crack with Pat Kavanaugh next year before he thankfully is out of eligibility along with a couple others.

As you noted its very hard to predict who will enter the portal much less how a Frosh FOGO will respond to D1. SU does bring in Mullin and Spallina next year but only Mullin would seem to be a candidate to see actual reps. I know the staff was high on Mullin but that means little to on the field results.

One name to keep an eye on is Shea at Hobart if he enters the portal for his final year of eligibility. He's put up some excellent numbers but has been hurt a lot. He was 15 for 25 against us las Saturday despite being less then 100%. He's not a local kid so he may want to get back closer to home but if he does enter the portal its hard to see a better match. Myers at Darthmouth is the other one that jumps off the page as a good fit that we already talked about.

If your looking at some lower schools where a transfer might make sense, the Binghamton id Desouza is over 57% of the year and outbattled Sisselberger this year. He would have 1 year left as well. Again no idea if he would be interested in transferring but could be a potential fit. There aer some others out there who might make sense ie Endres at Albany, the kid from St. Bonaventure, and perhaps even our recent nemesis Patterson from Hofstra who has a Covid year left as well.
Think we will most definitely be shopping FOGO in the portal and with all the returning young talent it will be an easy sell The staff can Not miss on this during off season . In related news I watched the Mount Sinai vs Garden City game a few nights ago on you tube. Jake Spallina was dominant facing off winning every one in the second half he also scored 3 goals I believe he will be a midfielder that will also Face off We are a FOGO away from making the jump

Kid from Bing doesn’t look bad
Only thing is level of competition. When it comes to FOGO's it's a huge step up facing ACC FOGO's. Heck look at Zach Cole he dominates mid majors but nothing special just avg against top FOGO's. I remember last yr watching the Quinnipiac FOGO who was tops in the MAAC face off agajnst Petey Lasalla and it was ugly. He got destroyed.

If you’re looking at some lower schools where a transfer might make sense, the Binghamton id Desouza is over 57% of the year and outbattled Sisselberger this year. He would have 1 year left as well. Again no idea if he would be interested in transferring but could be a potential fit. There aer some others out there who might make sense ie Endres at Albany, the kid from St. Bonaventure, and perhaps even our recent nemesis Patterson from Hofstra who has a Covid year left as well.
Random thought on looking for FOGO’s a kid that intrigues me is Stathakis from Denver.
If the rumors are true about the two Princeton kids , could it be possible that he comes over also.
Denver is going to be going to a coaching change and he also went to culver academy with English and Stevens.. just a thought

Random thought on looking for FOGO’s a kid that intrigues me is Stathakis from Denver.
If the rumors are true about the two Princeton kids , could it be possible that he comes over also.
Denver is going to be going to a coaching change and he also went to culver academy with English and Stevens.. just a thought

It has been a rumor for a few weeks that he was coming. Will see.

Campbell Pozin, Jacob Titus. Are the two 2022 1-2nd team D3 SSDMs

Pozin looks to be out of eligibility.

Titus is a senior with eligibility and is under six feet. Going by this list all preseason all Americans are seniors so I guess it could be any of them. If it’s true the guy is under six feet than that limits it to Titus, Murtha or Glushakaw.

Shame we didn’t get to see what Bolea could do this year as a DIII guy.

Titus is a senior with eligibility and is under six feet. Going by this list all preseason all Americans are seniors so I guess it could be any of them. If it’s true the guy is under six feet than that limits it to Titus, Murtha or Glushakaw.

My bad lol. Read the '22 one, brain fart

pozin actually has another year available. div 3 gave both 2020 and 2021 as covid years to d3 guys, and my understanding for transfers is d1 allows it. pozin in particular is 155 lbs, not sure u want him matched on a schutz or mcconvey.