2024 Transfer Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

Pozin looks to be out of eligibility.

Titus is a senior with eligibility and is under six feet. Going by this list all preseason all Americans are seniors so I guess it could be any of them. If it’s true the guy is under six feet than that limits it to Titus, Murtha or Glushakaw.

Shame we didn’t get to see what Bolea could do this year as a DIII guy.

Whatever happened with Bolea? I missed it.

pozin actually has another year available. div 3 gave both 2020 and 2021 as covid years to d3 guys, and my understanding for transfers is d1 allows it. pozin in particular is 155 lbs, not sure u want him matched on a schutz or mcconvey.
McConveny is in his final year of eligibility. Is there a short stick in the country right now you'd want matched up with either of those guys and feel good about it?

McConveny is in his final year of eligibility. Is there a short stick in the country right now you'd want matched up with either of those guys and feel good about it?
just examples. pozin's v good and quick for cnu. you could spot him some against certain players, but way too many mismatches at the higher end of div 1.

It's a big difference from D3 to the ACC. Bolea struggled to get on the field while healthy as he didn't get hurt until the Duke game. Trujillo was ahead of him on depth chart plus Bolea was small. I wouldn't bank on any AA D3 as any of ours could prob be AA at the D3 level. Huge difference in competition.

It's a big difference from D3 to the ACC. Bolea struggled to get on the field while healthy as he didn't get hurt until the Duke game. Trujillo was ahead of him on depth chart plus Bolea was small. I wouldn't bank on any AA D3 as any of ours could prob be AA at the D3 level. Huge difference in competition.

I assume he'll be depth and not take up any scholarship allotment. This kid's bona fides are far superior to Bolea's on paper. More accolades. Much better competition.

So we've been connected to
Stevens-Princeton
English-Princeton
FO guy from Denver
D3 All American SSDM

You guys hearing any other rumblings?

There are a number of DIII players who have been drafted into the MLL/PLL and have had really good careers, Stephen Berger, Eric Martin, Kyle Hartzell. Of course it's no sure thing but player can certainly make the leap from DIII to DI and be successful. Max Waldbaum went from Tufts to Jacksonville and certainly looks like he belongs.

Curious if this SSDM transfer is known primarily for his defensive prowess, or for the fact that he's put up a lot of points? SSDMs can sometimes be selected for All American lists simply because they score a lot in transition, but maybe aren't that good at actually defending. Some players I looked up had eye-popping offensive numbers. If 'Cuse is going to bring in a SSDM transfer, I hope it is someone who is know for their defensive abilities first and foremost.

There are a number of DIII players who have been drafted into the MLL/PLL and have had really good careers, Stephen Berger, Eric Martin, Kyle Hartzell. Of course it's no sure thing but player can certainly make the leap from DIII to DI and be successful. Max Waldbaum went from Tufts to Jacksonville and certainly looks like he belongs.

Curious if this SSDM transfer is known primarily for his defensive prowess, or for the fact that he's put up a lot of points? SSDMs can sometimes be selected for All American lists simply because they score a lot in transition, but maybe aren't that good at actually defending. Some players I looked up had eye-popping offensive numbers. If 'Cuse is going to bring in a SSDM transfer, I hope it is someone who is know for their defensive abilities first and foremost.
Oh no I agree. Just as a SSDM it's a big jump. Not saying it can't happen of course they can. I think it's easier for a very talented offensive player like that kid Jack Boykin I think his name is on Tufts he can play anywhere he wants. For a SSDM ur covering a bigger faster more athletic player. Definitely sure some can do it. Just wouldn't expect it until u see it.

So we've been connected to
Stevens-Princeton
English-Princeton
FO guy from Denver
D3 All American SSDM

You guys hearing any other rumblings?
man if the orange get english, stevens and stathakis, gait better make the final four. expectations will be through the roof of the dome

transfers have been quiet according to my usual source or two. a lot of guys are keeping their plans close to the vest or plan to enter the portal after the season is over. with seasons starting to be over in the next week or two, we should start hearing more soon

everything i have heard is that handley will enter the portal after penn's season ends. he wants to keep playing, but it can't be at penn

Stathakis would be super exciting. He Fine, Richiusa, Mullen, Ja. Spallina is a formidable FO room.

are these actual hearings or are they made up? Know rumors or rumors but did a reliable source first mention these kids possibly coming ?

gunty is good. orange need to grab him if the stathakis thing doesn't happen

SU definitely should have a plan B in place if Stathakis doesn't happen. SU was on their most important transfers early last year so I believe the Stathakis rumor has legs but they absolutely should have a plan B and C ready to go if needed.

i think we have the scorers. need close defenders to protect mark. knock down any pass or anyone near the crease . and better switch communication.

They gotta go all out for Stathakis man. Wow would this team jump right to the top with him. Joey might have to give up some of his NIL $$ and give it to him. Hey gotta do what's best for the team. Tom Brady did that stuff many yrs. Lmfao

I think Gunty is better than Stathakis would be a great addition
Just looked him up yeah he looks very good too. Man they gotta get one of these guys. With Petey Lasalla gone i would think one of the top FOGO's would transfer there so glad to see two really good ones already in the portal.

He's an Econ major at an Ivy who went to an exclusive prep school in D.C. He's not coming to SU.

He's an Econ major at an Ivy who went to an exclusive prep school in D.C. He's not coming to SU.
Maybe he just wants to have fun next yr. Just take a few classes and play lax before starting the real world. He could just come for the semester in January. Hey u never know. Lol