2024 Transfer Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

The SSDM Eli Fisher from Wagner could be an option. I seen him play he has good speed and athletic. Tough kid too who could be good on the wing. He has offensive skills so could score on transitions if Coach Petro finally lets the DMs push the ball once in a while and not run right off like this yr. He is also 6ft 1 so has some height to him. Could be a solid 2nd line DM. He had 26 GBs and 12 CTs this yr. 71 GBs and 23 CTs in 40 career games. I love that has a nice amount of CTs. Like I said could be a solid 2nd line DM with some size, speed and athletic ability.

He was also 1st All MAAC this yr. Level of comp in the MAAC is not strong but doesn't mean he can't be solid. Might be worth a flier

Looks like a great player. I'd def take him if I was coach.

Jack Boyden at Tufts is having a season. From Toronto and has two years of eligibility left, set on playing one more year of college lax. Wonder if Cuse is on the radar, according to the article "He could stay at Tufts, or he has interest from and the ability to play for big-time DI schools"...Might have been mentioned but didn't see his name pop up on this form lately.

He's averaging 7.4 points per (49, 70) so far this season. That is pretty nuts. Would be very interested to see how he performs in DI. Not the biggest guy at 5'11 175 but he would certainly fit in with his crafty Canadian-ness. Here's a good highlight/film breakdown IL did of him.

Jack Boyden at Tufts is having a season. From Toronto and has two years of eligibility left, set on playing one more year of college lax. Wonder if Cuse is on the radar, according to the article "He could stay at Tufts, or he has interest from and the ability to play for big-time DI schools"...Might have been mentioned but didn't see his name pop up on this form lately.

I would love to for him to transfer to SU. The kid is a stud, I think his game will translate to the ACC. He's so skilled.

Really good player. From Westfield, New Jersey. I'm sure he will be a hot commodity. Wonder what SU's chances are?

Not sure if SU will be active here to be honest. Assuming English and Stevens are coming and SU returns everyone who has eligibility your going to have a hard time finding playing time for everyone.

As it stands now you have Spallina, Hiltz, Thomson and Deere as likely attackmen
At midfield you will have Leo, Rhoa, Birtwistle, English, Stevens (assuming some run here) Kempney plus the frosh. I know there are a few big names out there but again assuming English and Stevens are on their way SU probably has room for 1 more at best.

mcclane - his cousin liam plays for duke. and while they return their starting attack core, they will have openings at midfield next year

he is also from new jersey so i assume brecht at rutgers will be all over it. or at least try to be!

mcclane - his cousin liam plays for duke. and while they return their starting attack core, they will have openings at midfield next year

he is also from new jersey so i assume brecht at rutgers will be all over it. or at least try to be!

Ya this screams Duke, Rutty could use him more but if Duke wants him I'd be shocked if he didn't end up there.

While I am rarely the rumor guy, have heard from a pretty credible source that Griffin King is at least interested in transferring to cuse. Will probably compete for second line mid minutes here if it does happen. Big strong guy with a reliable shot. Think the offense is more than set with depth if we actually bring in all three of English King and Stevens.

Not sure if SU will be active here to be honest. Assuming English and Stevens are coming and SU returns everyone who has eligibility your going to have a hard time finding playing time for everyone.

As it stands now you have Spallina, Hiltz, Thomson and Deere as likely attackmen
At midfield you will have Leo, Rhoa, Birtwistle, English, Stevens (assuming some run here) Kempney plus the frosh. I know there are a few big names out there but again assuming English and Stevens are on their way SU probably has room for 1 more at best.

Yes good points as always. SU seems to be in a good position right now in terms of roster construction. I do wonder how much they want to push things though. If these transfers do come to fruition they've addressed a lot of needs already and the '23 season hasn't even ended. They still have a very young team entering next year with a core of Spallina, Hiltz, Birtwistle, Thomson, Leo, Rhoa, Figuarias, etc who all will be due to come back in '25. That said, Will Mark is only here for one more season, along with the rumored transfer they would get to address face-offs. Do the coaches swing for the fences?

It doesn't always work out to bring in a bunch of transfers. I just wonder, given that there is so much off-season left, SU won't try and shore up every position possible. Carc made a good point about the season ending early for the Orange - they get a jump on the offseason. Perhaps this puts them at an advantage when it comes to the portal. We shall see.

It doesn't always work out to bring in a bunch of transfers.
andyet that's exactly what the top teams are doing to great success get your recruits and 2-3 grads/t's

Last edited:
Maybe he will actually be there looking for guys in the portal that can help the team and selling sticks. Humans can do many things at the same time.

You sir are lacking familiarity with the sarcasm font.

Damn. My bad

No, i blew it.

But, I've been pretty vocal about Gait being able to do what he deems best for the Program and have not been critical of the interplay with "Gait Lacrosse" at all. Also, it seems like the "stick selling" is pretty clearly Paul's arena.