2024 Yankees Season | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Yeah a couple weeks of playing decent baseball isn’t going to save his job. He gone!
Offensively, he has been just above league average since the beginning of May. He has not had his typical hot streaks to make up for that terrible April. This would be a perfect time for him to do so.

I don’t expect the Yankees to bring him back. I am also not confident that whomever replaces him will be better. I assume Chisholm will play 2B or 3B. I have no idea whom will play the other position. The Yankees seem to have lost interest in Peraza. Cabrera and Berti are nice pieces, but I don’t want them going into the season as starters. I have no clue about LeMahieu.

Offensively, he has been just above league average since the beginning of May. He has not had his typical hot streaks to make up for that terrible April. This would be a perfect time for him to do so.

I don’t expect the Yankees to bring him back. I am also not confident that whomever replaces him will be better. I assume Chisholm will play 2B or 3B. I have no idea whom will play the other position. The Yankees seem to have lost interest in Peraza. Cabrera and Berti are nice pieces, but I don’t want them going into the season as starters. I have no clue about LeMahieu.
Gleybor is still going to get a decent contract next year because of his God given athletic ability, but i can’t see the Yankees as the team that is going to give him that deal.

Gleybor is still going to get a decent contract next year because of his God given athletic ability, but i can’t see the Yankees as the team that is going to give him that deal.
I'm going to guess they're not completely done with Peraza (thinking 3B) yet. Can Cabrera play 2nd if they let Torres walk? (I don't get much baseball coverage out here. TSN thinks the only team that matters is the Blue Jays (cow spits on the ground).)

I'm going to guess they're not completely done with Peraza (thinking 3B) yet. Can Cabrera play 2nd if they let Torres walk? (I don't get much baseball coverage out here. TSN thinks the only team that matters is the Blue Jays (cow spits on the ground).)
Probably better for Cabrera to play 3rd and Jazz at 2nd if those were your only two guys competing.

Probably better for Cabrera to play 3rd and Jazz at 2nd if those were your only two guys competing.
I like the acquisition of Chisholm Jr, and what he brings to the diamond. I just have this niggling fear NY will be going into the playoffs without him. Maybe playing 2nd would reduce strain on his throwing arm? But then, whither Gleyber?

I think Yankee fans might be overrating Chisholm a little bit. He has been great since joining the Yankees, but he still has only a career 105 wRC+ (slightly above league average). He does appear capable of more and he is only 26 (one year younger than Gleyber).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom