2024 Yankees Season | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

TBS has been brutal broadcasting this series.
Not only is Costas completely bonkers but the cameras are bouncing around to everything but the the game.Almost like you’re watching a local production of a Cape Cod summer league game.

Imagine how much better Doninguez would have done.
I like the idea of Stanton PH but there isn’t anyone to take the DH spot so for me he’s there by default and hope he makes some hard contact out of the infield which he did tonight.

I like the idea of Stanton PH but there isn’t anyone to take the DH spot so for me he’s there by default and hope he makes some hard contact out of the infield which he did tonight.
Stanton can get on hot streaks with the best of them, no way can you leave his bat out of the lineup.He can clog up the bases but he can darn sure clear the bases quick.
He also made a smart play yesterday by swiping 2nd base when nobody in the world expected it.

No skin in the game in terms of rooting but Yankees are set for a nice run. Cole major edge tonight. Stanton getting hot. Judge looks like he's getting better swings and the Tigers and Guardians can't score.

My question is why is Costas employed? Do they think that pompous ass is bringing in fans?

Bad for both sides, it wasn’t a one way rob job
Indeed. The guy was wildly inconsistent. I'm finding I'm forced to concede plate umpires were always like this. And yes, Yankee pitching benefited from some inexplicable strike calls in the late innings.

Gotta say I just read through the last 4-5 pages here, catching up from last night (yes I watched the game). Very interesting indeed. :)

while showing off his mentos competatis last night costas dropped a couple of quotes :
(during the same at bat no less )
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
costas attributed it to mark twain but twain attributes it to Benjamin disraeli.
there are numerous other attributions cited on wiki but mark twain did popularize it.
the second was :
“He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts — for support rather than for illumination ".
this quote is easily traceable to Andrew Lang. can't remember who he cited . ben franklin maybe ? anyways he went on to say he only quotes from the best.

(for the record the term mentos competatis is entirely my own coinage but feel free to use it bob )

Last edited:
Weak call there…

That said… 1-11, 5 Ks, no RBIs so far for Judge. Guy carried us so much this year but the postseason struggles are real. What can you do though? Nothing. Just hope it turns.

Hopefully gets another shot in the 9th.
The check swing probably the closest thing in baseball to a block/charge. Can't put yourself in that position with all the Higgins and Burrs in MLB looking for their moment.

while showing off his mentos competatis last night costas dropped a couple of quotes :
(during the same at bat no less )
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
costas attributed it to mark twain but twain attributes it to Benjamin disraeli.
there are numerous other attributions cited on wiki but mark twain did popularize it.
the second was :
“He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts — for support rather than for illumination ".
this quote is easily traceable to Andrew Lang. can't remember who he cited . ben franklin maybe ? anyways he went on to say he only quotes from the best.

(for the record the term mentos competatis is entirely my own coinage but feel free to use it bob )
Vin Scully

Judge DP

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors