2024 Yankees Season | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Without Soto in the lineup the Yankees are an underdog “+114” at home even though they have arguably the best pitcher in baseball on the bump.

Dodgers and a Yankees fan? Isn’t that like being a Cowboys and Steelers fan or Celtics and Lakers fan?! I know they were both once in the same city, but that’s too much for me to process.
No, I just liked both NY teams at the time. They were consistently playing each other in the World Series. I favored the Dodgers and Sandy Koufax but Mantle was right there for me too.

It was great to watch such great players who were in their prime then.

Dodgers:
Sandy Koufax
Don Newcombe
Roy Campanella
Pee Wee Reese
Gil Hodges
Carl Furillo
Duke Snider

Yankees:
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Yogi Berra
Phil Rizzuto
Billy Martin
Mickey Mantle
Elston Howard

I don't think that's too hard for anyone to process. :)

Last edited:
Betts, Ohtani, and Freeman at the top and it is Teoscar annihilating us

I've always wondered why these rehab assignments are done at the AA level. This is somewhat across the board with MLB teams. I would have thought that having them play at the AAA level would be more indicative of how they're progressing, especially pitchers.

I've always wondered why these rehab assignments are done at the AA level. This is somewhat across the board with MLB teams. I would have thought that having them play at the AAA level would be more indicative of how they're progressing, especially pitchers.
My guess is that Somerset is closer to NYC than Scranton.

Most AAA rotations are set.

Easier for someone to bump a kid off a AA mound, especially if he's on a pitch count or innings limit.

It also makes a difference if the AA or AAA team is at home that day.

Loved that the one the Yankees ended up winning was vs. Glasnow. Hated that dude from the Tampa days.

No, I just liked both NY teams at the time. They were consistently playing each other in the World Series. I favored the Dodgers and Sandy Koufax but Mantle was right there for me too.

It was great to watch such great players who were in their prime then.

Dodgers:
Sandy Koufax
Don Newcombe
Roy Campanella
Pee Wee Reese
Gil Hodges
Carl Furillo
Duke Snider

Yankees:
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Yogi Berra
Phil Rizzuto
Billy Martin
Mickey Mantle
Elston Howard

I don't think that's too hard for anyone to process. :)
back when you were dodging trolleys ?

2002.3.1.5-trim-NOPSI1002-StClaude-NPeters-terminal.jpg

Yeah baseball does some stuff that seems inconsistent with the minor leagues.

heywood's sliding play in right field early.reviewed. originally ruled hit . overturned. catch or no catch ? gotta say after watching 5 minutes of replays i don't know. also see they miked up verdugo again . this time in the outfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom