24 Hours Later…A Poll. | Syracusefan.com

24 Hours Later…A Poll.

24 Hours Later…What’s The Most Prevalent Emotion For You After The News?

• Relief

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • Sadness

Votes: 51 29.8%
  • Ambivalence

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nostalgia

Votes: 29 17.0%

• Total voters

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Pick one. If your #1 emotion isn’t there, comment. What’s the pulse of the board 24 hours later?

Ambivalence. After the fans fully turned when he made the dumb comments about other teams buying players, I kind of checked out. Had a feeling it was all over then, so I suppose I've had time to grieve.

I am eager to see what Red can do with the portal and while I expect a pretty bad season next year I'll at least go into it with hope.

Excitement. I’m focusing more on Autry, than anything else.
Good response. I might have put that but didn’t want to be accused of being “anti-JB”.

Not that it matters anymore! Phew! There’s the relief I voted for!

I’m fully on board with the idea that it was time for him to go. It was. We needed some change.

But this just feels like crap to me. The way it ended. It gave me physical stomach aches yesterday. Just felt down about the way it all went. Gut-wrenching ending. I don’t really care who is to blame, whether it’s Jim, the university, both, or neither. I just feel bad about it. For everyone involved. Including us as fans, alumni, etc.

Just gotta keep it in perspective and hope JB gets honored, Autry gets a proper intro and this is forgotten. The sooner the better.

I'm very grateful for all the great memories JB gave me, but I'm excited for something new. I guess I made peace a long time ago that someone besides JB would eventually be SU coach sometime in my lifetime.

I’m fully on board with the idea that it was time for him to go. It was. We needed some change.

But this just feels like crap to me. The way it ended. It gave me physical stomach aches yesterday. Just felt down about the way it all went. Gut-wrenching ending. I don’t really care who is to blame, whether it’s Jim, the university, both, or neither. I just feel bad about it. For everyone involved. Including us as fans, alumni, etc.

Just gotta keep it in perspective and hope JB gets honored, Autry gets a proper intro and this is forgotten. The sooner the better.

This saga has convinced me that a farewell tour is the only right way to do things. If the season is bad, the fact that it's the final season will keep fans from trashing the coach, or should. If it's a surprise good season, there's no downside other than the coach maybe thinking he can/should keep coaching. Opposing players and coaches are less likely to be crappy and disrespectful, probably.

Just seems like the way to go, obviously assuming you can't go out on top.

Sadness and nostalgia. Not sadness about the change, but sadness that it couldn't end on a high note.

I can't feel relief because I don't know what's next. Too many questions. Is Red a good coach? Can he improve recruiting? Can he navigate NIL and the portal better? Can WE navigate NIL or will that always be an uphill battle for us regardless of the coach?

I'm mostly sad. I didn't grow up in Syracuse or go to college there. My uncle went there and my great uncle taught there. I picked them in 1st grade and have been completely invested ever since. I'm not sure if that matters but I loved Syracuse basketball and Jim boeheim and didn't realize how focused I was on the Boeheim part. I feel like part of my soul has been torn out and I didn't think I would be like this. I'm jealous of the people who are focused on AA and excited. I love AA and was even frustrated with JAB over the last 3-5 years. I'm just not there yet.

This saga has convinced me that a farewell tour is the only right way to do things. If the season is bad, the fact that it's the final season will keep fans from trashing the coach, or should. If it's a surprise good season, there's no downside other than the coach maybe thinking he can/should keep coaching. Opposing players and coaches are less likely to be crappy and disrespectful, probably.

Just seems like the way to go, obviously assuming you can't go out on top.

Coach K’s farewell tour irritated me…but if I’m honest I’d find a reason to be irritated with him if I watched him help an old lady across the street. And I watched the last two Duke-UNC games specifically because I knew they were the last - and knowing that the Final Four loss ended his coaching career absolutely added to the drama of the game.

If JB had opted for that, and the season played out identically to the way it did on the court - it would have had a much different, more positive and nostalgic feel. Having seen the way both coaches careers ended, I now agree that a farewell tour is the way to go.

As others sad...kinda mixed emotions

Some grieving...some anger...some questions...some anxiety...some relief...some excitement

I'm supporting Red but I have no evidence yet. Gotta hope Dino's catch phrase holds true.

Ambivalence. After the fans fully turned when he made the dumb comments about other teams buying players, I kind of checked out. Had a feeling it was all over then, so I suppose I've had time to grieve.

I am eager to see what Red can do with the portal and while I expect a pretty bad season next year I'll at least go into it with hope.
“fans turned”? Not this one. He spoke the truth and was pilloried for it. In the fashion of this century, he retreated.

It's hard to see how Boeheim could have had a better way to go out after last Saturday's win, the 2003 Nat Champs reunion and the numbers hoisted for Hak & GMac.
What a celebration of Orange achievement!
He could have gone out on top right there.

But he, the university or both made a bad end of game call.
Kind of like the shot the the Orange got against Wake in their last full possession Tuesday.

Oh...so the emtion now?
Relief and sadness mixed with a dash of dismay, hostility and embarrassment.

It's hard to see how Boeheim could have had a better way to go out after last Saturday's win, the 2003 Nat Champs reunion and the numbers hoisted for Hak & GMac.
What a celebration of Orange achievement!
He could have gone out on top right there.

But he, the university or both made a bad end of game call.
Kind of like the shot the the Orange got against Wake in their last full possession Tuesday.

Oh...so the emtion now?
Relief and sadness mixed with a dash of dismay, hostility and embarrassment.

Perfectly said. Poor ending by both Jim and the university.

Following feelings:
Relief that JAB has been retired. His coaching strategy staled.
‘Sadness that his tenure ended with the way snarky press conference occurred
Apprehension that Adrian Autry can turn the ship properly and quickly.
Hope that Syracuse will return to its formal level of greatness.

“fans turned”? Not this one. He spoke the truth and was pilloried for it. In the fashion of this century, he retreated.
I mean the insinuation was that what those teams did was wrong. They played by the new rules. He refused to participate in the new game. Does that make him superior? Smarter? I don't know.

There are things I like and don't like about the new rules as a fan, namely I don't love the portal without sitting out. But you know what? It's fair. The kids deserve to have more control over their own future than they had before. And the NIL money is DEFINITELY fair.

Boeheim's time to speak his mind about that stuff was before it happened or right after, and if I recall correctly he did plenty of that. Once those are the new rules, it's play by the new rules, retire, or get smoked and whine about it and sound like a bitter old man. He chose door #3, and as far as I'm considered that doesn't make him superior or smarter.

Sadness, mixed with a little nostalgia. Happy that it's over, but hated seeing how it went down. All parties could have, and should have, handled it more intelligently. After that kind of epic run, JB deserved a better exit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom