24 Hours Later…A Poll. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

24 Hours Later…A Poll.

24 Hours Later…What’s The Most Prevalent Emotion For You After The News?

• Relief

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • Sadness

Votes: 51 29.8%
  • Ambivalence

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nostalgia

Votes: 29 17.0%

• Total voters
It's hard to see how Boeheim could have had a better way to go out after last Saturday's win, the 2003 Nat Champs reunion and the numbers hoisted for Hak & GMac.
What a celebration of Orange achievement!
He could have gone out on top right there.

But he, the university or both made a bad end of game call.
Kind of like the shot the the Orange got against Wake in their last full possession Tuesday.

Oh...so the emtion now?
Relief and sadness mixed with a dash of dismay, hostility and embarrassment.
OMG, it’s a perfect analogy. The way he handled this feels exactly like what we’ve come to expect at end of game situations when down and he calls a TO.

Overall, relief. It was sad, in a way, seeing JB make some of those statements on the stage. Almost sounded at times like a DL airing of grievances—like he wanted to say some other stuff, but... Juli was there. And then he also said some beautifully poignant stuff. So, a wash on that end.

Autry—like a lot of posters here, i didn't remember having heard him much/at all over his coaching career. But, for a guy who allegedly don't talk good, i thought he was pretty fantastic.

I wanted an outside hire. I didn't imagine a scenario where that would happen, though—where the AD would can a staff full of alums. So, yeah, this was the inevitable. That, and there really isn't a standout, sure fire outside candidate out there. Missed the boat on Oats, and anyone else either has baggage (Miller) or is as much of a roll of the dice as Red. The AD knows Red, so i can understand having some confidence, even though it will always seem like the easy/lazy choice, no matter what he says (he doth protest too much) about why he chose Red.

So, whatever. It's time to roll. I have a bit of optimism, but we're going to find out in the next month or so about who we're going to be rolling with on the court, and that's going to be critical toward building positive momentum. I hope we can make a splash quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom