247 Report -- Solid B | Syracusefan.com

247 Report -- Solid B

GeauxSU

2022 Cali Winner (Points Scored/Passing TDs)
The first gameday experience, in my opinion, is always the best, especially this year. I get a certain level of excitement that I don't get when I'm walking up for any other game during the season. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it either, it's just a feeling that you either get or you don't. Well, I get it.

Anyway, this gameday started early and ended late, which is perfect for a Labor Day weekend game.

Around 6:45 I left the house and began the ~3.5 hour journey Upstate, which included a mandatory stop at Love's Truck Stop in Canaan, NY. Friends coming from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts/points south of Albany for gamedays, I cannot recommend this as a halfway stop for you enough. It's awesome. Refuel, coffee, back on the road.

It was actually pretty white knuckle for some portions of the drive around Utica due to the weather, but we powered through and I went straight to the airport to pick my buddy up who was flying in for the game. About 5 total cars at the airport at 11:00, so in and out I went. Onto the Box Office.

For whatever reason I didn't receive my parking passes in the mail. Boo. Only issue I have had ever with the Box Office. So that meant that I had to hike up the Dome steps and get some reprints before the game started. I had my friend circle the block with the car while I trudged up the steps to Gate B. Extremely hassle-free process, got the reprints in a matter of seconds and it was off to UAG.

Pretty good crowd at UAG I felt that filled up to its maximum about an hour and a half before the game. We passed the time by watching the University North, South and Harrison lots fill up, as well as watching West Virginia get crushed by State [lose-lose game for us]. Again, great crowds for tailgates. And it sounds like the West lots had a great turnout, too.

We walked up the Hill and went to see Ernie and then walked a few more steps to Gate P. We had an extremely easy time finding our seats and getting a beer before the National Anthem, which as many have pointed out was fantastic. The Dome looks so fantastic. For whatever reason we were questioning whether or not the jerseys that were being worn are new, the names look a little different. We sit towards the top of 247 on the aisle, and from what I could see, for the most part, the East Endzone 200's seemed pretty filled out.

My instant reaction to the first quarter was a series of expletives that are TV MA. No poise against the run, getting pushed around inside, linebackers not filling or not filling in time. I actually thought that the defensive backs did a great job in this game [albeit they really didn't have a ton to do] and that was the case in the first quarter. Groan, not a great start.

After that first 15 we mostly settled in. McCord, I mean, I know he is all shiny and new and everything, but he is such a joy to watch. He can really spin the football. And some of the windows he was fitting passes into, I mean my goodness! I remember during this game he threw a ball into triple coverage into a tight window to Oronde and somehow he got it there and Oronde just didn't come up with the catch. Perfectly placed ball around 3 guys. Where has that been all my life?

In the end, we needed to keep the starters in the whole game, which I don't love, especially given what happened to Marlowe [Heal Up Big Fella]. I had hoped we could roll the second unit out there more, did anyone observe more depth being played in this game? Maybe I'm just blind.

Afterwards, it was pouring rain outside the Dome, so we booked it back to the car and immediately took of down the Boulevard towards Tullys. I had a Buffalo tender dinner. It tastes better after a victory.

Hope everyone here had a wonderful time at the game and a safe journey home. 1-0 War Damn Otto

GAME MVP -- Trebor Peña
UNSUNG HERO -- Fran Brown's gray hats
BEST MOMENT -- Fran Brown has competent clock management skills to end a half of football??
GAME GRADE -- B

The first gameday experience, in my opinion, is always the best, especially this year. I get a certain level of excitement that I don't get when I'm walking up for any other game during the season. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it either, it's just a feeling that you either get or you don't. Well, I get it.

Anyway, this gameday started early and ended late, which is perfect for a Labor Day weekend game.

Around 6:45 I left the house and began the ~3.5 hour journey Upstate, which included a mandatory stop at Love's Truck Stop in Canaan, NY. Friends coming from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts/points south of Albany for gamedays, I cannot recommend this as a halfway stop for you enough. It's awesome. Refuel, coffee, back on the road.

It was actually pretty white knuckle for some portions of the drive around Utica due to the weather, but we powered through and I went straight to the airport to pick my buddy up who was flying in for the game. About 5 total cars at the airport at 11:00, so in and out I went. Onto the Box Office.

For whatever reason I didn't receive my parking passes in the mail. Boo. Only issue I have had ever with the Box Office. So that meant that I had to hike up the Dome steps and get some reprints before the game started. I had my friend circle the block with the car while I trudged up the steps to Gate B. Extremely hassle-free process, got the reprints in a matter of seconds and it was off to UAG.

Pretty good crowd at UAG I felt that filled up to its maximum about an hour and a half before the game. We passed the time by watching the University North, South and Harrison lots fill up, as well as watching West Virginia get crushed by State [lose-lose game for us]. Again, great crowds for tailgates. And it sounds like the West lots had a great turnout, too.

We walked up the Hill and went to see Ernie and then walked a few more steps to Gate P. We had an extremely easy time finding our seats and getting a beer before the National Anthem, which as many have pointed out was fantastic. The Dome looks so fantastic. For whatever reason we were questioning whether or not the jerseys that were being worn are new, the names look a little different. We sit towards the top of 247 on the aisle, and from what I could see, for the most part, the East Endzone 200's seemed pretty filled out.

My instant reaction to the first quarter was a series of expletives that are TV MA. No poise against the run, getting pushed around inside, linebackers not filling or not filling in time. I actually thought that the defensive backs did a great job in this game [albeit they really didn't have a ton to do] and that was the case in the first quarter. Groan, not a great start.

After that first 15 we mostly settled in. McCord, I mean, I know he is all shiny and new and everything, but he is such a joy to watch. He can really spin the football. And some of the windows he was fitting passes into, I mean my goodness! I remember during this game he threw a ball into triple coverage into a tight window to Oronde and somehow he got it there and Oronde just didn't come up with the catch. Perfectly placed ball around 3 guys. Where has that been all my life?

In the end, we needed to keep the starters in the whole game, which I don't love, especially given what happened to Marlowe [Heal Up Big Fella]. I had hoped we could roll the second unit out there more, did anyone observe more depth being played in this game? Maybe I'm just blind.

Afterwards, it was pouring rain outside the Dome, so we booked it back to the car and immediately took of down the Boulevard towards Tullys. I had a Buffalo tender dinner. It tastes better after a victory.

Hope everyone here had a wonderful time at the game and a safe journey home. 1-0 War Damn Otto

GAME MVP -- Trebor Peña
UNSUNG HERO -- Fran Brown's gray hats
BEST MOMENT -- Fran Brown has competent clock management skills to end a half of football??
GAME GRADE -- B

Minor nit to pick -

We did get quite a few 2nd and 3rd stringers into the game in the 2nd half.

Minor nit to pick -

Honest to god, I could not tell. I was noticing the first o-line and most of the first string skill guys, including McCord, did it happen more on the defensive side of the ball?

Also, as an aside, I love Malachi James being the deep man on kickoffs. Someday he is going to break one

"Love's Truck Stop in Canaan, NY. Friends coming from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts/points south of Albany for gamedays, I cannot recommend this as a halfway stop for you enough."

It's a bit early in my drive up, but everywhere I stop between Worcester and Syracuse tends to be pretty grimey. I'll have to check it out.

Minor nit to pick -

yea we played them a ton, which was good even in making mistakes
we played the 2nd string a ton all game

"Love's Truck Stop in Canaan, NY. Friends coming from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts/points south of Albany for gamedays, I cannot recommend this as a halfway stop for you enough."

It's a bit early in my drive up, but everywhere I stop between Worcester and Syracuse tends to be pretty grimey. I'll have to check it out.
A whole setup for you. Usual gas station fare, a Subway sandwich shop and a Dunkin' coffee shop. Always clean, always has exactly what you need. #notanad And gas is always reasonable. Always recommend this place, stop there every time.

I remember during this game he threw a ball into triple coverage into a tight window to Oronde and somehow he got it there and Oronde just didn't come up with the catch. Perfectly placed ball around 3 guys. Where has that been all my life?
Rewatching the game -- this play was at about :26 seconds left in Q2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom